Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wasn’t able to be home for delivery. They dropped the car off in my driveway. I just accepted delivery from “Manage” and then the Tesla app refreshed and I could see the car. On my home camera I could see my neighbors walking up to my house to go see it. Flashed the lights and honked the horn when they were looking. I can’t see anything wrong with the car, paint looks great, body alignment is perfect. I’m very happy.
Nice ... another MSM. Mine will have black interior. Still waiting for a VIN and delivery date.

It was entirely automated, I reached out to my SA yesterday afternoon and he text me back this morning telling me I should be getting a schedule text any day now. I won't be surprised if you get yours tonight although my window was way off with the 22nd being the first available and into the 24th outside my delivery window

Unlikely, they're going to move heaven and earth to get as many asses into seats before the quarter ends if you're lucky you'll sneak under the wire and get one of the end of quarter bonuses while you're at it

Yeah i got my text this morning - entire range was outside my window (23rd-25th) but ill take it. it works out perfectly with the 2 day period im at home between work travel.

I wasn’t able to be home for delivery. They dropped the car off in my driveway. I just accepted delivery from “Manage” and then the Tesla app refreshed and I could see the car. On my home camera I could see my neighbors walking up to my house to go see it. Flashed the lights and honked the horn when they were looking. I can’t see anything wrong with the car, paint looks great, body alignment is perfect. I’m very happy.
Looks awesome! Do you have a heated steering wheel BTW?

Yeah i got my text this morning - entire range was outside my window (23rd-25th) but ill take it. it works out perfectly with the 2 day period im at home between work travel.

I'm glad that worked out! Mine cut it close I'm only going to have it for about 24 hours before I have to drop it off at the ppf place where it'll be for 3 days when I pick it up Friday morning immediately going on a 3 day road trip. What better way to get to know a car.

I'm glad that worked out! Mine cut it close I'm only going to have it for about 24 hours before I have to drop it off at the ppf place where it'll be for 3 days when I pick it up Friday morning immediately going on a 3 day road trip. What better way to get to know a car.

you actually want the paint to cure for a month before applying ppf, otherwise you risk the ppf pulling the paint off when it gets removed in the future.

i don't need to drive my car right away, so i'm waiting a month for ppf and ceramic coating.

Reactions: DMPicone
For some reason the salt lake city reps almost never answer the phone (not a good sign). When I call in I get someone at the "general order support" center who tells me the delivery window on the website is all the info they have available. I wonder if the local SR's have access to info that the general support folks don't have.

LR AWD
White/Black
19"
Order placed 2/22

Delivery windows was originally 3/10-3/30. Now pushed back to 3/12-3/30

Crossing my fingers but not holding my breath

Reactions: M321
For some reason the salt lake city reps almost never answer the phone (not a good sign). When I call in I get someone at the "general order support" center who tells me the delivery window on the website is all the info they have available. I wonder if the local SR's have access to info that the general support folks don't have.

LR AWD
White/Black
19"
Order placed 2/22

Delivery windows was originally 3/10-3/30. Now pushed back to 3/12-3/30

Crossing my fingers but not holding my breath
I’m picking up from Salt Lake too. White/white ordered on 1/31. My estimate is also 3/12-3/31. No VIN yet. I reached out to my SA via text to see if he had any inside information but he didn’t have any. He *guessed* that I would get my VIN this week but I’m starting to doubt that. When I visited back in January they said that deliveries usually come at the end of the quarter so I’m not shocked by the wait.

I've tried to look this up, but can't quite get a clear picture: does anyone know when trading in a vehicle whether the trade in valuation has to be completed before you can get assigned a VIN/scheduled delivery? It's still early in the process for me as I just placed my order on Monday, but I have everything else completed (registration, financing secured, etc.) and I'm just waiting on the trade valuation. My advisor said he'd have it uploaded by end of day yesterday, but that didn't happen and he hasn't responded to my follow up today (may be his day off?). Website shows March 26-31 delivery, which given how late I ordered I'm sure is likely going to be pushed, but maybe with their push to get as many cars delivered by end of month I might stand a chance? Just not sure if I need the valuation completed/accepted before they'll even assign me a car (if that were an option), or if that would happen regardless at this stage.

I got to say this is pretty damn cool.

I’m picking up from Salt Lake too. White/white ordered on 1/31. My estimate is also 3/12-3/31. No VIN yet. I reached out to my SA via text to see if he had any inside information but he didn’t have any. He *guessed* that I would get my VIN this week but I’m starting to doubt that. When I visited back in January they said that deliveries usually come at the end of the quarter so I’m not shocked by the wait.
Thanks for the reply. It sounds like the SRs can't push the envelope to get the vehicles delivered any sooner. So, I'll hurry up and wait. I suppose the biggest cliffhanger for me is the "1-3 week" delivery time on the website, but we've all been waiting longer than that. Frustrating

Reactions: M321