Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 56C04ABB-777D-4D27-B5FF-A842D8D4400D.gif
    56C04ABB-777D-4D27-B5FF-A842D8D4400D.gif
    602.4 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: EVxdream
Well, as a former Pilot (a real pilot, not a facebook pilot), we were always taught to believe instruments over vision. I went with that, and I'm still around thanks to that training. "Vision has much more precision" is false (excepting nearby Stealth objects in good weather). So, I'm going to have to not agree with Elon on that one. In a sudden snow squall or a fog bank, I'd go with radar.
Suspect Tesla might save $60 per vehicle in hardware with their new software solution. That being said, vehicle will still be "safe", as, unlike an aircraft using non-visual instruments, one should never outdrive their clear visual range.

Well, as a former Pilot (a real pilot, not a facebook pilot), we were always taught to believe instruments over vision. I went with that, and I'm still around thanks to that training. "Vision has much more precision" is false (excepting nearby Stealth objects in good weather). So, I'm going to have to not agree with Elon on that one. In a sudden snow squall or a fog bank, I'd go with radar.
Suspect Tesla might save $60 per vehicle in hardware with their new software solution. That being said, vehicle will still be "safe", as, unlike an aircraft using non-visual instruments, one should never outdrive their clear visual range.
Oh okay, I mean if you’re instrument rated…

imma just go with my VFR..

(moderator note: INFORM. Link to thread where any discussion about the new "tesla vision" that was announced should take place)