Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen some people mention the "Edit Design" button on their manage account page. I have never seen that button on my page since I ordered. I have "View design details" under my RN order number. It's been there since the beginning. Am I missing something here or is there somewhere I can see the Edit button?

I've seen some people mention the "Edit Design" button on their manage account page. I have never seen that button on my page since I ordered. I have "View design details" under my RN order number. It's been there since the beginning. Am I missing something here or is there somewhere I can see the Edit button?
I think the Edit design goes away if you've already completed the "prepare for delivery" tasks like financing

I think you probably chose cash instead of financing. You should still be able to check it by going to Tesla SSO - Sign In where you replace the X's with your reservation number

Reactions: Dogs_In_A_Pile
They blow out deliveries at the end of the quarter, always have. Relax...
That's true. I talked to a different SA the other day and they mentioned they have never experienced anything like this. The demand is very high, there was a hold on cars, and then now they are just getting delivered. So even though it's normal to push cars EOQ, this Q2 is different than any other. I still hope it comes June or July.

My brother-in-law just got a VIN assigned for his Model Y. He only ordered a few weeks ago. So jealous.

I’m also worried about missing my delivery date, as I have out of country travel coming in the beginning of June. My dates are end of the month, but knowing my luck, it’ll arrive while I'm out. I asked my SA about this, and he said we can work something out.

No, this was is exactly what I get except for last Friday night which was the day the site was down most of the day. I kept reloading the site and finally got it to load and it came up with a page that had a slightly different layout and the edit design button was there. I changed my design and got email confirmations (3 of them). Other than that one time I have never seen the edit design. I'm paying in full with no financing. Also, I've never seen an estimated delivery date.

Oh wow! I hope it sticks for you! Mine has stayed at June 9-29 for almost a week now. I haven't seen any from my area get a VIN or delivery date so maybe that's why it hasn't changed.
I ordered 4/11 and my range has finally solidified at 6/10-6/30 for Washington state about the last week or week and a half. Maybe that's just the product of the end of the quarter getting closer but it used to change almost daily. Must be that our whole region has the same date range.

I think you probably chose cash instead of financing. You should still be able to check it by going to Tesla SSO - Sign In where you replace the X's with your reservation number
This works for me, not that I need to change my order unless I change my mind again. You do have to be logged in on the tab you are using first. If not, it takes you to the login page. Then once logged if you paste the link again and it takes you to the edit page. Thanks.

Is anyone else very angry about getting a car with serious downgrades due to Tesla Vision?

A big reason I purchased this was AP for road trips where 75mph+ is definitely needed, and the emergency lane departure assist. To have those limited/removed seriously degrades the value of the car in my mind. And to tell people this surprise after waiting for 2 months is pretty messed up too…

I ordered 4/11 and my range has finally solidified at 6/10-6/30 for Washington state about the last week or week and a half. Maybe that's just the product of the end of the quarter getting closer but it used to change almost daily. Must be that our whole region has the same date range.
Yes. It seems like our region is shaping up to get deliveries around that time.

Reactions: ytfsic
I’m for delivery to Spokane and yesterday my date’s jumped left to 6/3 - 6/23.

Is anyone else very angry about getting a car with serious downgrades due to Tesla Vision?

A big reason I purchased this was AP for road trips where 75mph+ is definitely needed, and the emergency lane departure assist. To have those limited/removed seriously degrades the value of the car in my mind. And to tell people this surprise after waiting for 2 months is pretty messed up too…
Honestly, I don't anticipate these features being limited for very long (because of the information shared that there would be updates within weeks of this change I believe...). I'm continuing to be hopeful that the AI team knows what they are doing with this. Just my thoughts/initial reaction to the news.

The feature isn't being removed completely. They are just limiting it for the time being until they implement it's use without radar. Not too big of a deal imo.

If the feature is capable of working without the radar, feel like less is more in the case of autos. I've heard stories of people having to replace the radar for a couple thousand.