Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Give your store a call.

Thanks for the suggestion - gave them a call, they said the vehicle was slated to arrive 6/12 (right in the middle of 6/9-6/15 window).

They let me know that downpayment could be done via cashier/bank check, online through Tesla Portal (after linking bank info - it opens a day or so before delivery, apparently), or wire transfer.

Just listing in case somebody else was curious.

Probably a Weird Question.. I placed my order in April when I was in Sacramento, CA. I knew I will be moving to Los Angeles so I chose my Pickup location as "Marina Del Rey". Now that I got my VIN, I am wondering if that "Pickup location" is where they will be delivering my Tesla? My SA is from Sacramento(which I just noticed now). Do we get assigned a SA from our delivery location or is it random? anyone has any inputs on this?

So I just got a reply from a different SA at my SC since my SA is off till Monday.
I was told the dates on the site (June 1-11 this morning) is just estimation and we won't know for sure the exact dates until I get a VIN assigned.
But why would they estimate a date 3 days from now if I don't have a VIN yet? This is starting to get frustrating.

Reactions: Crecin91
I don't see anyone with a Black/ Black LR getting Vins.
I ordered April 21st for a Houston delivery and there has been no Vin ( not even hidden)
This morning's dates went to June 10- June 20th delivery after being in 7-10 weeks for around a week.

I see a lot of people Vins dropping that ordered after me with White/ Silver/ Blue.. has anybody received a Vin for a Black / Black yet that ordered April?

Thanks

Probably a Weird Question.. I placed my order in April when I was in Sacramento, CA. I knew I will be moving to Los Angeles so I chose my Pickup location as "Marina Del Rey". Now that I got my VIN, I am wondering if that "Pickup location" is where they will be delivering my Tesla? My SA is from Sacramento(which I just noticed now). Do we get assigned a SA from our delivery location or is it random? anyone has any inputs on this?
Just a guess but, I think the SA is assigned based on your actual address and not pick up location. I have my pickup location at Marina Del Rey as well. Apparently my SA is at Buena Park.

I contacted them via chat to confirm my VIN.. took literally 5 seconds to get a live agent on their end...

Gurvinder:
- The VIN I see on file is 5YJ3E1EB8MF9794xx
- It has been built and is in transit to Canada, We anticipate arrival the first or second week on June.
- Current ETA is for June 5th but this can change

That was most helpful.. the SA is brutal with not responding.

So Monday I will call and try and do the insurance thing.. I am pretty sure they will give me the policy with just the vin.. I didn't have to give them anything for the last vehicles I added.. just the vin... will have to wait to see what to put exactly on the bank draft.. Dealing with Tangerine, I have to order it and have it couriered to me... and they say it can take 3 days (like WTF?!).

If nobody's figured it out, I will likely throw the car on the hoist and look for the battery label.. endoscope should help with that. I suspect the M3 LR is still getting the older batteries for North America though.. charging to 100% every day and not hurting the battery would be nice though.. one less thing to think about. :)
gurvinder. same guy that helped me out LOL

I don't see anyone with a Black/ Black LR getting Vins.
I ordered April 21st for a Houston delivery and there has been no Vin ( not even hidden)
This morning's dates went to June 10- June 20th delivery after being in 7-10 weeks for around a week.

I see a lot of people Vins dropping that ordered after me with White/ Silver/ Blue.. has anybody received a Vin for a Black / Black yet that ordered April?

Thanks
I ordered a black/black on April 11 in CA. I have dates for 5/31-6/9 but no VIN. I was wondering if it was a less common choice and I was paying the price (on top of the extra price)