Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have called the Raleigh center like 10 times and no answer lol . I sent a message to my SA so hopefully they can let me know when I can pick it up or when it arrives . I hope it’s soon because I’m doing a lot of traveling over the next week or two and I don’t want to put a ton of miles on my trade in lol

EDD moved up a bit overnight, was 6/18 - 6/30, now 6/11 - 6/30. Order date was 5/21.
I ordered 5/13 and my EDD date is: 6/21-6/30 for NorCal delivery. I seriously do not understand how this system works.

I may actually put my order on hold to wait and find out the resolution of the clean energy bill. $10k is a lot of money to potentially save. Right now in the draft bill it is vehicles purchased after May 24th but that was when the draft bill was submitted. That date could get changed when it goes to vote which they estimate could be July/August time frame.

Keep an eye on your account for the Tesla Vision thing, once it asks you accept ... you will get your VIN right after. Even if the VIN doesn't show up on the page it's there. You just need the VIN finder plug in.
I wonder if my car is being built today. Why else would they change my delivery day to June 1-11? How long does it take to build a model 3?

I'm probably just grasping at straws here but whatever, this whole process is driving crazy! o_O

Reactions: travis3000
I have called the Raleigh center like 10 times and no answer lol . I sent a message to my SA so hopefully they can let me know when I can pick it up or when it arrives . I hope it’s soon because I’m doing a lot of traveling over the next week or two and I don’t want to put a ton of miles on my trade in lol
What is your delivery range? I got my vin today and have a June 6-12 range in Raleigh. I have tried to contact my SA there and have heard nothing and would like to know a more specific date if possible. If you don’t mind sharing any info you find out, I would appreciate it.

I wonder if my car is being built today. Why else would they change my delivery day to June 1-11? How long does it take to build a model 3?

I'm probably just grasping at straws here but whatever, this whole process is driving crazy! o_O

IMO you are likely very close to getting your VIN with those dates. Others who had such close dates all had their VINS within a few days so keep an eye out.

Reactions: sonrantos
This whole process is such a ****ing joke. SA has been terrible and it doesn’t seem to matter when you order because it’s location based or dumb luck of the draw. Really wouldn’t recommend ordering a Tesla to any friends
I don't disagree at all & feel for ya, but post-order pre-delivery experience is the least important thing for them as a brand given they sell every car they make. If you're on here talking about it... you're probably talking about it in public, so they're getting extra brand awareness which I sense is almost a goal of theirs.

I don't disagree at all & feel for ya, but post-order pre-delivery experience is the least important thing for them as a brand given they sell every car they make. If you're on here talking about it... you're probably talking about it in public, so they're getting extra brand awareness which I sense is almost a goal of theirs.
The delivery timing notification process needs to be improved greatly. It makes it really challenging to make the necessary arrangements before taking delivery with Tesla's ridiculous "come get it in the next three days or get back in line" messaging that I've been reading about in these forums.

I am arranging financing through my bank which has a significantly better rate than Tesla's, but my bank will only hold the approval and the rate for 30 days. So when do I apply to avoid multiple credit pulls? I've applied today since I'm sure we will all get them by end of June.

I also have to take in my trade-in to CarMax but their quote is only good for seven days.

Sure, its easier if you do it all through Tesla, but you will pay a higher finance rate and get less for your trade-in.

The delivery timing notification process needs to be improved greatly. It makes it really challenging to make the necessary arrangements before taking delivery with Tesla's ridiculous "come get it in the next three days or get back in line" messaging that I've been reading about in these forums.

I am arranging financing through my bank which has a significantly better rate than Tesla's, but my bank will only hold the approval and the rate for 30 days. So when do I apply to avoid multiple credit pulls? I've applied today since I'm sure we will all get them by end of June.

I also have to take in my trade-in to CarMax but their quote is only good for seven days.

Sure, its easier if you do it all through Tesla, but you will pay a higher finance rate and get less for your trade-in.
I mean just say if you live in LA in California you will get your car mid or end of June. This bullshit of 4-11 weeks. No one ordering in March got it in 4 weeks and some people ordering in May got it in less than 4 weeks. Also I think some SA actively look for cancelled cars to pair you with and some could care less. The lack of transparency is the issue for me