Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let us know! My delivery date is this Sunday and I'm a bit on the fence now. I paid a huge premium (about 20k CAD after taxes) to go from SR to LR and have a bad taste in my mouth now after losing stuff that was there when I ordered. On top of that this new battery pack is still a mystery.
picking mine up Sunday in Kitchener too.. 1pm.

Exact same config and ordered the day before you 4/12. I'm also in Los Angeles. I show the same EDD 7 to 10 weeks. On Friday the Sales Center in Santa Monica said to expect end of June....
So funny how many different answers are given to customers regarding timing of deliverers 🤦🏻‍♂️ Beginning of June, No end of June, website is accurate, don’t believe the website😂 make up your mind. For the love! I sold cars for a brief time when I was in my late teens 15 years ago, and we had weekly meeetings so everyone was on the same page, actually anywhere I’ve ever worked has had weekly meetings so the staff is on the same page, maybe Tesla should do the same, seems pretty basic.

So funny how many different answers are given to customers regarding timing of deliverers 🤦🏻‍♂️ Beginning of June, No end of June, website is accurate, don’t believe the website😂 make up your mind. For the love! I sold cars for a brief time when I was in my late teens 15 years ago, and we had weekly meeetings so everyone was on the same page, actually anywhere I’ve ever worked has had weekly meetings so the staff is on the same page, maybe Tesla should do the same, seems pretty basic.
The SAs aren’t told anything… they weren’t told about the Tesla Vision change until the day before the announcement, they probably weren’t told about lumbar support delete. Their system only shows them an estimated Factory Gate Date and an estimated delivery date which changes as often as the dates in the website.

Anything they tell you for sure is just a guess. Chat agents are likely the same. It’sa real world car buying whose line is it anyway.

I’m over it… trying to muster up the self control to just stop logging in to my account until I get a text or email telling me it’s time to schedule delivery.

The SAs aren’t told anything… they weren’t told about the Tesla Vision change until the day before the announcement, they probably weren’t told about lumbar support delete. Their system only shows them an estimated Factory Gate Date and an estimated delivery date which changes as often as the dates in the website.

Anything they tell you for sure is just a guess. Chat agents are likely the same. It’sa real world car buying whose line is it anyway.

I’m over it… trying to muster up the self control to just stop logging in to my account until I get a text or email telling me it’s time to schedule delivery.
Worse part is we tell ourselves not to check only to be disappointed when we check again later in the day 🤣. But I’m at that point as well. Expecting to wait about another 25 days or so that way anything before comes as an awesome surprise.

That's some brutal cost cutting for a car at this price. They make both LHD and RHD models too so it would've actually been simpler just to keep it the same for both driver and passenger.
No passenger-side lumbar support for 974XXX. I didn't expect that. 52K car is well into luxury territory. On principle this is a bit crappy.

I talked to the Spokane SA. he said that all cars go through seattle first, get reloaded, and then trucked over here. It may mean we have a longer vin to delivery window or a shorter one if they assign vins after the Fremont to Seattle leg. He didn't know
....so there's that... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Crecin91
I talked to the Spokane SA. he said that all cars go through seattle first, get reloaded, and then trucked over here. It may mean we have a longer vin to delivery window or a shorter one if they assign vins after the Fremont to Seattle leg. He didn't know
....so there's that... :rolleyes:
I'm almost wishing I had just taken delivery in Seattle and not saved the $1,000 or whatever in sales tax lol

When I spoke with an SA in Spokane last week he said that no one in Spokane should expect delivery before late-middle or late June. He was clearly guessing, but he's probably right lol

Reactions: Crecin91
Can you imagine BMW just started deleting stuff like passenger seat lumbar support?

Elon is first an engineer, secondly a businessman. Tesla's priority is the tech and stuff like fit and finish is secondary. You just have to live with that, or don't.
Funny you should mention BMW, comments on the Reddit thread state that BMW has done exactly that, citing parts shortages. Though they are making customers aware and offering a $250 reduction in price as compensation, so at least they're being transparent about it.

Really hoping we get some good news that our cars are coming with the 82kwh battery pack to make up for the removal of some features.