Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are reports of BMW doing this as well. However, their customers receive a DETAILED build report, knowing in advance what their car does and does not have as well as re-imbursement if they couldn't follow-through on their end.

I don't think it has anything to do with Elon or business vs engineering. If I was coming to your place and said I was bringing pizza but I show up without it, you're not going to like it. Now imagine if you paid for the pizza...

Also I don't think Elon is out here making these low-level decisions, he's trying to take Tesla world-wide, get Space-X, Boring company, Starlink etc. going. Probably somebody else internally thought this was a brilliant idea and nobody would notice.
What would be cool is if Tesla offered the passenger seat lumbar adjustment as a free upgrade once parts became available again. It is not like the price has changed (well it keeps going up) so it would not be like they would be loosing money doing that.

I got so jealous of a few receiving their orders 5 days after they ordered. I know it's probably a rare case but it drove me to contact my SA. I'll be back with an update 👍🏽
UPDATE: I couldn't get a hold of my SA. I'm just going to give it the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe she took the day off for Memorial Day 🥲 BUT if she doesn't reply I might have to call Fashion Valley/Carlsbad directly. Congrats to everyone so far that has gotten their VINs. I shall be back with another update.

What would be cool is if Tesla offered the passenger seat lumbar adjustment as a free upgrade once parts became available again. It is not like the price has changed (well it keeps going up) so it would not be like they would be loosing money doing that.

Not likely since according to Elon it was a cost cutting measure.

Not likely since according to Elon it was a cost cutting measure.

One can hope but this cost cutting at the LR & P levels just look bad. At the SR+ price, it would be acceptable. The cars it competes with at that price bracket has similar cost-cutting measures if you look close enough.

Reactions: tacoflocko
UPDATE: I couldn't get a hold of my SA. I'm just going to give it the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe she took the day off for Memorial Day 🥲 BUT if she doesn't reply I might have to call Fashion Valley/Carlsbad directly. Congrats to everyone so far that has gotten their VINs. I shall be back with another update.
Can’t wait to find out what you find out😊

Reactions: MarbleSoda
Yea some of us needs lumbar support for our backs for long drives...that's kinda sad 😢. At least tell us before or give us a price cut and stop raising the god damn prices with cost cutting products.
They really should send out an email to customers with cars on order when changes happen, it’s just good customer service and helps avoid surprises for both parties.

If I ordered on 5/28, am I waiting for Q3 delivery? Seems like a lot of folks are saying Q2 production is sold out here. 🥲
Basically yes. I placed the order on May 22. My SA told me that it may take until the end of June to the beginning of July to receive the VIN. After that, there will be an accurate pick-up time. But if you are lucky, you may get orders cancelled by others. In the previous post, I saw that someone already had a VIN for the order in mid-May.

Hello everyone! I’ve been lurking around here for the past few weeks and figured I could chime in with my VIN update!

Ordered: 4/23
Blue/Black Interior/Aeros/No FSD
Picking up in Cincinnati, OH

Current EDD: June 11-17
Prior to VIN it was June 12-21
Prior to that it has bounced all over the place since ordering. The past week I’ve also had no dates and a generic 3-11 weeks. I can’t wait to take delivery!!!

Hello everyone! I’ve been lurking around here for the past few weeks and figured I could chime in with my VIN update!

Ordered: 4/23
Blue/Black Interior/Aeros/No FSD
Picking up in Cincinnati, OH

Current EDD: June 11-17
Prior to VIN it was June 12-21
Prior to that it has bounced all over the place since ordering. The past week I’ve also had no dates and a generic 3-11 weeks. I can’t wait to take delivery!!!
Sorry guess I didn’t actually say this but I woke up this morning to the Tesla Vision notice and as soon as I accepted my VIN was in my account!