Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree, I would never spend $7000 on protection. That's a bit much. Especially when you can get it way cheaper.

I am getting the front end of my car PPF'd because I personally hate stone chips, and in Canada our winters can be intense. So it is worth it. It's a $1600 cost, plus Im doing a 5 year ceramic coating for $900. Total comes to $2500 Canadian ($2077 US). For me the benefits outweigh the costs. I love a shiny beautiful car, and I'd argue the low quality paint makes it even more crucial to protect it. Don't go overkill , but you should have some pride of ownership.

I guarantee if you go to trade in your car, the new owner would be willing to pay an extra $1000 for a well kept car with zero stone chips, and glimmering paint opposed to a chipped/dirty dull paint car. I know I certainly would.
if you trade in the dealer barely looks. The buyer sure, but unless you sell private party you recoup nothing. I have traded STIs with peppered front ends, which have soft paint like Tesla, and not once did a dealer care either way.

I think at the right price, sure do it. But 7k is absolute insanity on Model 3. while i understand these cars are expensive, they are the Tesla econo car.

Ceramic coating warranties are snake oil though. 5 years is so laughable too. If you don't drive the car, only hand wash, only use the proper techniques and soaps and re-up chemicals, then sure, might last. But the average consumer is getting robbed blind by the coating industry as a whole. I legit walked out of a ceramic pro presentation at SEMA because I started getting pissed at the lies they were spreading to people at an industry only event.

5/7 placed online order for Model 3, pickup in Paramus, NJ
5/29 my account showed a VIN after accepting the TeslaVision change
5/31 my account page requested final payment
5/31 received a text message my Model 3 intransit to Paramus, NJ. Requested me to schedule a pickup date Via link in text message
5/31 scheduled for pickup on June 9. Earliest available date was June 8

ordered pearl white, LR AWD, standard wheels, standard interior
I thought final payment was due day of pick-up?

I agree, I would never spend $7000 on protection. That's a bit much. Especially when you can get it way cheaper.

I am getting the front end of my car PPF'd because I personally hate stone chips, and in Canada our winters can be intense. So it is worth it. It's a $1600 cost, plus Im doing a 5 year ceramic coating for $900. Total comes to $2500 Canadian ($2077 US). For me the benefits outweigh the costs. I love a shiny beautiful car, and I'd argue the low quality paint makes it even more crucial to protect it. Don't go overkill , but you should have some pride of ownership.

I guarantee if you go to trade in your car, the new owner would be willing to pay an extra $1000 for a well kept car with zero stone chips, and glimmering paint opposed to a chipped/dirty dull paint car. I know I certainly would.
I just got a quote from a reputed local place, $850 for a "partial" XPEL front PPF (front bumper, front part of hood and fenders, lights, mirrors) and $1600 for 5 year ceramic coating, 15% off that if I do it this month, so around $2100 + tax. It's a pretty tough environment here so I think I may do both.

Reactions: MyCabbages
So Cal checking in! Huge news guys!!! Let’s goooooo!!!

Attachments

• A0AE40E9-DC57-4D5B-A941-F739A929952E.jpeg
    A0AE40E9-DC57-4D5B-A941-F739A929952E.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 65

Can you let me know (here or PM) where you're getting it done? I'm rolling through Toronto once the lockdown lifts and would be interested.