Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess my SA must have grabbed one that someone cancelled because my delivery is scheduled for tomorrow now. I just have to hope I can sell my current car and get it to process through the bank into my account in 1 day.
That's wild! I already feel the rush to take my current car to carmax just to get ahead of all of this money moving around. Good luck and keep us posted!

Same config as me and ordered 1 day before, it really does seem to be random who gets a VIN and different dates.

Wonder if they just toss everyone in a random pot during the first month or 2 of the quarter
I'm fairly certain location is a primary factor. Logistics says you lose less money if you transport more at once, so it ships when enough orders are filled by location. That's my guess, anyways. After looking at some of the orders here, I wonder if faulty manufacturing causes the order to start over at the back of the line instead of shifting identical builds down the list of people who ordered them. I have no idea. Part of me thinks they are not transparent as to not drive people insane as if they witnessed some Lovecraftian eldritch horror.

Ordered pearl white/black/aero on 4/7 at a Tesla mall store in Portland, OR. Have had various May/June EDD over time. My first loan application timed out as they pushed back dates, but I reapplied yesterday as my EDD range was all within June and I assumed I'd get it within the quarter. Now today my EDD range has changed to July 5-25, which means my loan will time out AGAIN and another eventual hit to my credit. Sadface...

Text from delivery associate, would you like to get your car today or tomorrow? Today, what time?

Silence. Call the center, I just pinged your car and it is still on its way from chicago. Hopefully it is here in time for your Saturday scheduled pickup.

What a complete joke.........
Not sure if they just hire people with zero customer service skills or they just have non-existent training/standards. My SA is actually pretty decent but Tesla needs to get their stuff together as a whole in terms of ordering/delivery experience.

Ordered pearl white/black/aero on 4/7 at a Tesla mall store in Portland, OR. Have had various May/June EDD over time. My first loan application timed out as they pushed back dates, but I reapplied yesterday as my EDD range was all within June and I assumed I'd get it within the quarter. Now today my EDD range has changed to July 5-25, which means my loan will time out AGAIN and another eventual hit to my credit. Sadface...
That's probably the most common configuration and you ordered early in the quarter so I don't see why you shouldn't get it before the end of June.

I know Matt Personally. Have for a while. His videos are great for learning and he’s knowledgeable. Just have to strap in because they are long. He’s obsessed and used some stupid expensive stuff that you don’t need to use also.
I agree with the expense of it all but I personally I love the obsessed approach so no steps in the process get missed. I have watched basically every detail related video on his channel. Process works if you follow the steps.

I am not prepared for July yet. Hope its just the dumb EDD

I was trying to fetch quotes for insurance in Massachusetts, but most of the big insurance companies are quoting very high numbers ~ 3000 for two of us ~ 30 years of age who has clean record (though are not previously insured). They say the rate rises up as soon as they add the VIN - indicating that the 2021 model is substantially more expensive to insure.

Has this been your experience as well ?

I got quoted and accepted insurance from CAA. For the entire year its $1450 ($1200 US) including tax/fees. I am a 31 year old male, no tickets or accidents on my record. For my 2015 Honda I was paying $1350/month so the Tesla was only $100 per year more. I was very impressed.

Reactions: MyCabbages