Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm buying the car with the wife on the loan.... I just got this message... Does my wife need her own Tesla account?
Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 19.09.46 .png

FLASH: It is now 8:06pm EST and Tesla in the NYC zip code and LA zip codes just released a ton of low mileage demo cars. Take a look, immediate delivery, report back if you scooped one up. Good luck to all.
I see it (because I keep refreshing the page). I saw a demo vehicle with exactly the same build as mine, but it disappeared when I clicked it on :(
There are two other white ones, but I still plan to stay in red. So keep waiting lol

After a couple days of trying to contact my SA, he finally got back to me yesterday to tell me he was on vacation until Monday. He gave me a delivery advisor's email to contact. After waiting for a response all day yesterday from him, he emailed me back this morning before they even opened and told me he would be calling me today to schedule a delivery appointment and finalize details on my account.

He never called.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I'm buying the car with the wife on the loan.... I just got this message... Does my wife need her own Tesla account?View attachment 669358
Well it turns out this is true. Even if you didn't set up an account for your coapplicant, Tesla did, use email you used for the loan application (each loan applicant needs to have a separate email address).

The co-applicant won't see the car on their account but there will be a VERY SMALL link at the top of the page asking them to sign the final paper work for the loan.

Also, FYI, I was waaayyyy over 60 days since I first applied and was approved for the loan. I can't tell if Tesla resubmitted the loan app or the 60 day expiration date for the loan was bad info, all I know is that it didn't require me to do anything additional after my 60 days expired (over 10 days ago).

Update: My SA told me my 3/31 order got pushed to July 24-27 delivery with no assigned vin either.

Ended up ordering from the dump of demos that just dropped same spec m3 with only 400 miles and should arrive in 10-14 days!

Also, here's a photo from today of the Tesla Portland location vehicles waiting to be delivered.
IMG_5174.jpeg

Reactions: akambience
Update: My SA told me my 3/31 order got pushed to July 24-27 delivery with no assigned vin either.

Ended up ordering from the dump of demos that just dropped same spec m3 with only 400 miles and should arrive in 10-14 days!

Also, here's a photo from today of the Tesla Portland location vehicles waiting to be delivered.
View attachment 669404
Woah do they give you a price match on the demo or just F you over?

Even though I have delivery 6/19, I thought about the existing inventory if something was similar to mine. However they don’t have vision and if that is what Tesla is going to and will continue to update, it’d be better to just wait it out.
My understanding is that all cars including ones with radar will eventually switch over to vision only. So at some point the software will stop using the radars entirely. So regardless if you get a car with radars now or wait until your delivery and get one without radars at some point both cars will only be using the cameras.

Reactions: Stanleyj13
After a couple days of trying to contact my SA, he finally got back to me yesterday to tell me he was on vacation until Monday. He gave me a delivery advisor's email to contact. After waiting for a response all day yesterday from him, he emailed me back this morning before they even opened and told me he would be calling me today to schedule a delivery appointment and finalize details on my account.

He never called.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
f