Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update to my previous update: Just got a text to schedule delivery for demo I ended up getting from yesterdays inventory drop. Picking up the car on the 12th!

Removed FSD after purchase and SA told me the price would be matched to my existing order. Only downside is I have to pay 1k for shipping the car from California. Which at this point I don't mind instead of impatiently waiting for my initial order to come in late July. Good luck to everyone and wish you get your M3's as early as possible.

I will be starting a thread of all the modifications I have lined up for the car. Going to be another great build😀

Ordered 5/23, told 5-13 weeks I believe. EDD shifted from giving me a “weeks” estimate, to June 2-13, then 13-30, then July 8-August 8, now has settled at June 8 - 30th so who knows, it literally seems to change every night and is different in the morning. WA State, MSM LR, no FSD

What is the dealer badge?

Just a badge/label of the dealership that sold the vehicle. A lot of franchise dealers do this for advertisement of their place. Here is an example.

32U4X7024dVL7AKqXeywT-fWxPbtqkwFPRru51MY0lr0wyv2IXO5QKn1hzw0u2CsK6W2Xp6PIdyl3r2A5YNC5abdUz3bySH3O5auhkSRQ8cV1oyaCzkBy2goHMixh19236KyDjK9lBSclQNO4EBQrPx66vFyhRcNjH0WYA

Placed my order on 5/26 in the CA Bay Area.
Initially setup payment to be all cash, and saw a EDD window of 6/13 - 6/30
Then talked to a rep at the Tesla store and changed it back to financing. Saw the EDD window slip slowly, first to 6/14-6/30, and then to 6/28-6/30 yesterday.
Last night, I changed it back to cash to test if the EDD changes again and it did. EDD window is now 6/17-6/30.

Thinking that Tesla does try to prioritize the cash buyers first.
Hoping to still use financing once I get a VIN assigned.

Reactions: Crecin91
Yeah turns out it was because I haven't completed my all financing requirements and they prioritized people that did. So just a suggestion, if anyone is on the same boat, have your SA switch you over to cash payment then complete your loan application upon delivery of the vehicle.
What requirements hadn’t you completed? I haven’t signed anything yet either, it’s just stuck in provide insurance, but got no VIN for it…was that the same for you?

1622829344284.png

Welp, my delivery date shifted one day earlier. Previous dates were 6/15-6/30, 5/18-6/7, 6/13-6/30, 5/22-6/7, 6/14-6/30, 6/13-6/30.

I really hope if they deliver in these next two weeks I can get out of my annual training for a day.

Finally got my SA to update my address on my registration, only to find that the +4 part of my zip is different from the +4 on the address of my drivers license. I guess the DMV has it as one thing and my Cable company has it as another. Would you guys worry about it? I understand the ZIP+4 is really about which route mail carries should take to get to your house.

Placed my order on 5/26 in the CA Bay Area.
Initially setup payment to be all cash, and saw a EDD window of 6/13 - 6/30
Then talked to a rep at the Tesla store and changed it back to financing. Saw the EDD window slip slowly, first to 6/14-6/30, and then to 6/28-6/30 yesterday.
Last night, I changed it back to cash to test if the EDD changes again and it did. EDD window is now 6/17-6/30.

Thinking that Tesla does try to prioritize the cash buyers first.
Hoping to still use financing once I get a VIN assigned.
I don't think it's preferring cash customers. It's just Tesla. It might have shifted anyway. My dates have change so frequently. I wish I had a date again. All I have now being posted is 2-11 weeks.

Reactions: Andooty
I don't care if/when they give me a VIN of if the car shows up in 2 months honestly. I'm delaying the delivery anyway. Waiting to see if the tax credit comes into effect maybe by August. Then this whole vision nonsense blah blah, taking lumbar out of the passenger side, high beams blasting people and oncoming traffic to work at night?!?! WTF are they doing?

Sorry, I know this isn't for those issues, but if I'm in the waiting room, it affects my purchasing and thoughts on the vehicle.

Yeah, the 2021 refresh has some nice interior options/handles rear trunk electric.

Otherwise, I might just pickup a used 2yr old LR AWD with FSD for a few thousand less and 2yrs of warranty and has radar. 10k for FSD is a joke.

Anyway...they say on the website June 13-30th...whatever. IT means nothing. Ordered May 25th BTW.

Last edited:
Reactions: IAmZeDoctor
What requirements hadn’t you completed? I haven’t signed anything yet either, it’s just stuck in provide insurance, but got no VIN for it…was that the same for you?
The bank required me to sell or trade in my current car, which I can't do until the day before delivery or I will be carless and because of that I couldn't finalize the financing. I found a third party dealership that has agreed to buy it at a great price as I didn't have much luck selling it on my own. Either way, switching to a cash payment then applying for the loan after your m3 is on the way will be your best option in my option.

I don't care if/when they give me a VIN of if the car shows up in 2 months honestly. I'm delaying the delivery anyway. Waiting to see if the tax credit comes into effect maybe by August. Then this whole vision nonsense blah blah, taking lumbar out of the passenger side. Yeah, the 2021 refresh has some nice interior options/handles rear trunk electric.

Otherwise, I might just pickup a used 2yr old LR AWD with FSD for a few thousand less and 2yrs of warranty and has radar. 10k for FSD is a joke.

Anyway...they say on the website June 13-30th...whatever. IT means nothing. Ordered May 25th BTW.

The whole let's take radar out also I'm guessing has them taking cars apart, pulling equipment out, then putting them back together?? Surely that doesn't help. Or they had a hard cutoff and then stopped putting them in at a particular break point in assembly. IDK...the whole timing of the annoucement and cars being delivery...what to say? Def a completely different car buying process with them.
They aren’t yanking radar out of already built, they are disabling it via firmware.

Update to my previous update: Just got a text to schedule delivery for demo I ended up getting from yesterdays inventory drop. Picking up the car on the 12th!

Removed FSD after purchase and SA told me the price would be matched to my existing order. Only downside is I have to pay 1k for shipping the car from California. Which at this point I don't mind instead of impatiently waiting for my initial order to come in late July. Good luck to everyone and wish you get your M3's as early as possible.

I will be starting a thread of all the modifications I have lined up for the car. Going to be another great build😀
Let me know if you see the delivery cost included on your profile summary. I still have the destination fee, but no delivery fee for the test model I just swapped to.

I don't care if/when they give me a VIN of if the car shows up in 2 months honestly. I'm delaying the delivery anyway. Waiting to see if the tax credit comes into effect maybe by August. Then this whole vision nonsense blah blah, taking lumbar out of the passenger side, high beams blasting people and oncoming traffic to work at night?!?! WTF are they doing?

Sorry, I know this isn't for those issues, but if I'm in the waiting room, it affects my purchasing and thoughts on the vehicle.

Yeah, the 2021 refresh has some nice interior options/handles rear trunk electric.

They aren’t yanking radar out of already built, they are disabling it via firmware.
And they will also eventually remove radar capabilities through software updates on older vehicles. So even if you get one that has radar now, it will eventually not be using radar in the future once Tesla Vision gets rolled out to all the fleet.

Last edited:
Reactions: FDNYC