Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those lucky souls that are getting VIN's, how does it work? Do you refresh your manage car page and all of a sudden the VIN shows up? Do you get a text message or email?
For me, I was refreshing daily and I randomly got a notice to confirm that the delivered car will have no radar. Clicked proceed and the VIN showed up on the page a few mins later.

For those lucky souls that are getting VIN's, how does it work? Do you refresh your manage car page and all of a sudden the VIN shows up? Do you get a text message or email?
I was doing my mid afternoon account check, and the tesla vision page came up and I clicked accept, and then it took me back to my account page and my VIN was there below the RN# and above the EDD

Less than two weeks from ordering to VIN? That sounds awesome. Looks like you timed it well
Haha, yeah I'm pretty sure I used up all my luck for the next 2 years with this. I think Black is just one of the first colors they make and it looks like east coast gets shipments earlier than west coast. Finally got an SA on the phone to cancel my trade in, but he said its probably 2 weeks out before I can pick up.

Reactions: bman325i
Ordered black/white/aero/no FSD on 4/14 and still no VIN. West Coast folks are getting screwed
My theory is...it's all about making Q2 numbers. Because we're close to the Fremont facility, they need to make sure the out-of-state ones get theirs first. We are only hours away. But honestly, who knows. haha...As long as I get it by the end-of-the-month, I'm good. I ordered 5/2.