Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
everyone just wants what they want and they want it now. This is according to everyone at my SC, the most chaotic quarter end they have dealt with.

I get the frustrations, but some of you haven't hit a month yet. I was just shy of a full two months from order to delivery and I am on the east coast which they prioritized earlier for deliveries.

The purchase and delivery were both excellent and way better than the car dealer experience. Honestly if you ordered any other quarter where there wasn't a parts shortage, gas inflation, etc, I am pretty sure it wouldn't take this long. Last quarter my friend in LA ordered a custom build on 3/30 and got his car that day.

I just got my car back from the tint shop. Stay patient, it will come.

Attachments

• 2AC09913-3CDF-453F-B9C3-628B3988FD77.jpeg
    2AC09913-3CDF-453F-B9C3-628B3988FD77.jpeg
    798.9 KB · Views: 84
It’s not so much that we’re panicking because we want it this week vs. next or sometime later in June, but (at least speaking for myself) we don’t want to be bumped into August/September.

I can wait patiently if I know my car is coming this month but Tesla’s quarterly release cycle, completely random EDD, wishy-washy info from its own representatives, and generally known Tesla lack of coherent queueing makes everyone without at least a VIN anxious about whether they’re going to be seeing their cars this month after a typically 1-2 month wait, or next quarter after a 4-5 month wait.

It’s not so much that we’re panicking because we want it this week vs. next or sometime later in June, but (at least speaking for myself) we don’t want to be bumped into August/September.

I can wait patiently if I know my car is coming this month but Tesla’s quarterly release cycle, completely random EDD, wishy-washy info from its own representatives, and generally known Tesla lack of coherent queueing makes everyone without at least a VIN anxious about whether they’re going to be seeing their cars this month after a typically 1-2 month wait, or next quarter after a 4-5 month wait.
historically that hasn't been the case previously though, so why now. They always stack deliveries heavy a quarter end.

Reactions: Biggus
I know its hard guys, but when you see that car in person...WOW! It surpasses any picture you've seen I can promise you that. Even the AERO covers look way higher quality and nicer in real life. In pics they can look cheap. The car impresses in every way possible and the 1-3 months of craziness is well worth the wait. Remain positive, Im sure you can expect a delivery date and VIN soon.

I called the the corporate office this morning looking to try charm the powers at be. -got transferred to Bellevue. The guy said "...hmm looking on our end; huh... well, I looks like you have been soft-matched... hmmm.... huh, it looks like... hmmm... you should get a VIN in the next few weeks."
I said, "you mean before the end of the quarter?"
He responds, "yeah, well.. yeah. I think so. --you'll probably get a VIN before then."
I asked "if I get my car in Q3 are you going to throw in a free key-chain?" --just crickets on the other side

...this process is such a disaster. My SA does answer calls and responds to texts okay, nice guy, but they don't know anything. Nobody does.
I can't plan for summer road trips, I'll have to reapply for financing, get my current car reappraised for it's trade in... Then there are the family, friends, and coworkers who with distinct bewilderment are asking me where my future-magic car is every other day; to which I have no answer. "what do you mean you don't know when you'll get it? Didn't you buy it 9 weeks ago?" ah yep.

...thank you all for listening to my frustration.

@mjwh, I did get a crumb of knowledge, more conformation that Spokane deliveries will have a 3-4 day delay adding to the transit overhead while they get shuffled in Bellevue. So, yeah. Great.
From the time I got “soft matched” until I got an actual VIN was about 2 days, so fingers crossed for you.

Supposedly my car is still in Fremont, but I did see my exact configuration in Bellevue yesterday so maybe fingers crossed for me too.

If I didn’t think it works just screw everything up worse, I would just pay the extra sales tax and pick it up in Bellevue or Renton lol 😂

Reactions: M3isforme and FDNYC
I tried doing the same thing for a car in Arizona.. mine pretty much told me the same thing. They told me it's better to wait towards the end of the month. Supposedly it's too much of a hassle to transport from state to state.. maybe I should have taken a day off for a trip to Phoenix.. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Being in Phoenix wouldn't help. I'm in Phoenix and still waiting. Ordered 5/1. I was looking at another test drive online last night and got a text this morning to set up a test drive. Last month all they had were SR+ for test drives and now they have LR so clearly they got new vehicles before us. My assigned SA actually was the one to set up the test drive and he completely ignored my text for an update on my delivery. It seems Arizona is just as much of a delivery black hole as California. My EDD has remained 6/15 - 6/30 for several days now.