Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are twins
I'm in the same city, ordered a month earlier, still no VIN. To my fellow MSM people: this is, indeed, an ominous sign.
Team MSM, don’t loose the faith. I am MSM, and received my VIN today. With that said, my delivery is NJ and it seems like we have established a clear early bias towards East Coast orders right now….so my hope and belief is the VINs and deliveries for all of us MSMs happen here in June, but folks out West will get later updates by a week or so?

Does anyone know when vins are actually assigned? During the build process? When it’s leaves the the assembly line? When it leaves the factory? Or when it arrives at the Sevice Center?
I wanna know this as well. I don't think it's when it arrives at the SC cos mine is still not here as far as I know. So either when it goes into production or right after it's out of it.

I wanna know this as well. I don't think it's when it arrives at the SC cos mine is still not here as far as I know. So either when it goes into production or right after it's out of it.
Judging from my conversation with Tesla yesterday, VIN match happens after production, when produced vehicle shipments get sorted to particular SCs…..so I was told I had been soft-matched to a VIN yesterday for a car still in Freemont that was destined for my delivery site and matched my build. I was the told the vehicle would arrive at SC 6/22-6/26 and now today my EDD shows VIN and EDD of 6/20-6/26. Hope this helps.

Judging from my conversation with Tesla yesterday, VIN match happens after production, when produced vehicle shipments get sorted to particular SCs…..so I was told I had been soft-matched to a VIN yesterday for a car still in Freemont that was destined for my delivery site and matched my build. I was the told the vehicle would arrive at SC 6/22-6/26 and now today my EDD shows VIN and EDD of 6/20-6/26. Hope this helps.
So to answer your original question, after assembly line but still in Freemont.

Does anyone know when vins are actually assigned? During the build process? When it’s leaves the the assembly line? When it leaves the factory? Or when it arrives at the Sevice Center?
Pushed to 6/11-6/29 today. Looks like we are getting moved out 1 day at a time. Was always under the impression the Vin is assigned after the car is built and before its shipped. My guess is June 21st for us

Reactions: JoJa15
So to answer your original question, after assembly line but still in Freemont.
I agree with this, but only with anecdotal speculation. There are folks that have gotten their VINs, but no delivery estimate. Days can go by and the SAs can't give any updates as far as deliveries. The overhead drone footage seems to indicate that the cars are floating at Fremont for a couple days with technicians working around them outside of the assembly line. There seems to be a least day they spend lingering about or at their charging stations, before getting arranged in the logistics bay waiting for trucks.

Good to know I'm not the only one who has resorted to searching the Fremont drone footage on YouTube for any clues in a clearly desperate attempt to make sense of life and my place in the world.
I agree with this, but only with anecdotal speculation. There are folks that have gotten their VINs, but no delivery estimate. Days can go by and the SAs can't give any updates as far as deliveries. The overhead drone footage seems to indicate that the cars are floating at Fremont for a couple days with technicians working around them outside of the assembly line. There seems to be a least day they spend at their charging stations, before getting arranged in the logistics bay waiting for trucks.

Just call me Midnight Silver Melancholy.

My EDD has also never updated during the day. It seems to only update overnight, if at all. Anyone else like that?
My EDD seems to update at around 8 am and never during the day. If I check really early in the morning, sometimes it will not have refreshed from the night before. But once it changes, it doesn't change again until the next morning. Lately that's been to move my early date back a day.

My EDD has also never updated during the day. It seems to only update overnight, if at all. Anyone else like that?
My EDD seems to update at around 8 am and never during the day. If I check really early in the morning, sometimes it will not have refreshed from the night before. But once it changes, it doesn't change again until the next morning. Lately that's been to move my early date back a day.
Mine has only changed early morning the last week or so. Except yesterday when I got the Tesla Vision confirmation midday then EDD changed like 3 times after that and has stayed the same this morning.