Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is technically correct, but it might be a bit misleading, granted I am NOT savvy with money maths ><. The Complete Toolbox for Investors | finbox.com q1 2021 they made profits of 438 million. 518 Million of that profit was from EV credits. Tesla also invested into Bitcoin which I think doubled? in the last 2 quarters before a sharp drop off during this quarter (this would explain them squeezing every penny I guess) I think i remember the bitcoin investment was 1.5 billion? I don't know if it even contributes to the bottom line on these things though.

edit for the 518 million dollar number
150 mil is a ton when they have to report bitcoin losses this quarter. Some dude magically orders May 18th and gets a car and others order March in the same city and are waiting and people are in here defending Tesla? Elon is a genius but he’s also the one running around yelling about some meme dog coin

Reactions: Jaredspink
150 mil is a ton when they have to report bitcoin losses this quarter. Some dude magically orders May 18th and gets a car and others order March in the same city and are waiting and people are in here defending Tesla? Elon is a genius but he’s also the one running around yelling about some meme dog coin
I dont' know if you are referring to me defending anyone. For the record I am just attempting to contribute to a conversation that I feel like I would learn something in.

Silly question: so I have a vin that means my car has been produced? So what am I waiting on?
As you know the VIN comes to you at some point while your car is manufactured. Depending on how far away from Fremont you live, it could take a week or two to get the car to you. Depending on lots of factors, it may not be easily determined when your even delivery date might be.

For us Californians, delivery can be 2 or 3 days after us getting a VIN. Because of that though, our cars are usually manufactured last every quarter.

Reactions: miami2367
Also, food for thought, if they sold out of Q2 production by the 1st or 2nd week of May, why would anyone that ordered after that get their car before people that ordered before production sold out???? Full on believe now that they are filling orders that paid more for the same car due to the price increases.
Potentially from people that canceled their orders due to the radar removal, lumbar removal, canceled for financial reasons, delayed to next quarter for financial reasons, rejected delivery due to QC, etc. Lots of potential reasons why, especially this quarter.

My take away from this response: I very much understand that you all are a bunch of whiny babies! Let me school you on why you’re completely wrong about your assumptions, you’re probably wrong about everything in life, but I’ll be nice and just point out why you’re wrong here😂

oh and it would move their adjust revenue to slight less than 1.75%, 150 million ($149,800,000) extra is still a lot of dough for a quarter. But I’m sure I’ll be corrected if I’m wrong.

You make a valid point though, but it doesn’t seem to line up with their current actions. If they sold out of Q2 production by the 1st or 2nd week of May, why would anyone that ordered after that get their car before people that ordered before production sold out???? I know there may be a few exceptions based on unforeseen circumstances where some that ordered later would get their car, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. A lot of people seem to be getting their orders even after ordering after the sell out while others that ordered before haven’t got their car. I’m not talking East Coast vs. West Coast. There have been plenty of examples of people in the same area ordering and the later order getting the car first.

At the end of the day, it’s Tesla and none of us have a clue why they do what they do, especially since most of the employees don’t seem to have a clue either.
OH, and I forgot to add to my list of how that can potentially happen, having someone on the inside like what recently happened to the Sacramento guy that ordered 5/20 and just got a VIN with delivery in a few days.

Screenshot_20210611-233734_Chrome.jpg

I called up the Fremont site a couple of weeks ago and talked to one of the guys that's been lauded on here for answering a lot of questions. I'm taking what Gabriel from Fremont said with a grain of salt, but for what it's worth, he didn't seem to be talking out of his arse. He had told me that from what he could see, my car is set to be manufactured on 6/19. Could be pushed up or pushed back a couple of days depending on how production is going. Assuming that's true, then I should be getting my VIN next Saturday. He also said that it'll take 48 hours or so to get the car down here from Fremont, so that's cool.

I just hope that I can get it by the 26th in the morning at the latest. I have a tint appointment scheduled for the 26th in the afternoon and PPF/ceramic coating appointment scheduled on the 29th. If I can make both of those appointments, then all will be good.
You mean Fresno?

Would you please drive over to Burbank and take some pics there too? lol

I’m about ready to offer my wife a shopping trip to Ikea just so she’ll drive me there and I can look at the SC that’s right next door. Probably a lot cheaper to just take my motorcycle by myself…
Hahahahaha I completely feel you. I’m in an identical situation. Picking up at Burbank. Considering shopping spree for wife …. Hahahaha

Reactions: Gimmethecash
I got a call around 5pm yesterday to let me know that my Blue/Black M3LR wasn't going to be ready for pick up today.

I'm still really salty about it. They had several opportunities to inform me that it had never left the factory as planned due to "damage to the wheel". But no, they tell me less than 24 hours before and inform me it's "coming on the next shipment" probably around the 20-21st.

It's like Christmas got pulled out from under me. Now I'm sitting here wondering what kind of wheel damage are we talking about!?

Ugh. I just want my car.

Attachments

• brave_iPzSO0b4at.png
    brave_iPzSO0b4at.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: M3LRRoadTrips