Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does the financing stuff take to complete? I'm currently set as cash since I didn't know when I was going to take the car. My SA said we can switch it when I get a VIN.

Just worried now they are going to be pushing and rushing, I'll get a VIN and they'll ask for delivery in a couple days or something. Is that enough time to switch cash to financing and complete?
I got loan approval instantly once I hit submit then refreshed the page.

Nope, just the one they happen to be working with at the time keeping the 2.49%. Mine ended up being US Bank. I know others had Chase.
They always give you the 2.49% first. If you reach out to them and ask them to check again, they'll almost always get you a better rate. For example, I initially got 2.49%, but e-mailed them asking them to check with Chase since I bank with them. They e-mailed me back an hour or so later with a rate of 1.74%.

Also tried that, did not get a better rate.
After getting 2.49% from Tesla through Wells Fargo for 60 months, I applied with PenFed Credit Union and was approved for 1.99%.

From PenFed's Contact Support page, I asked if they could email me an approval confirmation.

I then forwarded that 1.99% confirmation to [email protected] stating I received a better rate as shown and asked if the 2.49% rate could be improved. They forwarded my request to [email protected] and my rate was changed to 1.99% (still with Wells Fargo) to match the competing offer.

From what I had seen on forum, seems Tesla may not improve rate just by asking, but should match a better rate if you show you have received a better rate elsewhere.

Here is the link to Tesla's Rate Match Guarantee for more info: Best Rate Guarantee

Reactions: stEVe91941
Just stumbled on this (very active) thread, so thanks to everyone posting updates! I ordered an LR AWD, blue/white 19" wheels, no FSD on 5/31. Dates were creeping toward end of June/beginning of July until this week. Been at 8/17 to 9/6 since Sunday. My SA told me that blue & red cars would likely get delivered sooner, but I'm guessing the hold-up is more on the LR side of things from what people are saying here.
1623776075426.png

Just stumbled on this (very active) thread, so thanks to everyone posting updates! I ordered an LR AWD, blue/white 19" wheels, no FSD on 5/31. Dates were creeping toward end of June/beginning of July until this week. Been at 8/17 to 9/6 since Sunday. My SA told me that blue & red cars would likely get delivered sooner, but I'm guessing the hold-up is more on the LR side of things from what people are saying here.
View attachment 673622
My red LR is a double whammy then?

After getting 2.49% from Tesla through Wells Fargo for 60 months, I applied with PenFed Credit Union and was approved for 1.99%.

From PenFed's Contact Support page, I asked if they could email me an approval confirmation.

I then forwarded that 1.99% confirmation to [email protected] stating I received a better rate as shown and asked if the 2.49% rate could be improved. They forwarded my request to [email protected] and my rate was changed to 1.99% (still with Wells Fargo) to match the competing offer.

From what I had seen on forum, seems Tesla may not improve rate just by asking, but should match a better rate if you show you have received a better rate elsewhere.

Here is the link to Tesla's Rate Match Guarantee for more info: Best Rate Guarantee
Thanks man. I will check out PenFed. Hopefully it isn't too late.

Reactions: Ace777
Status
Not open for further replies.