Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long does the financing stuff take to complete? I'm currently set as cash since I didn't know when I was going to take the car. My SA said we can switch it when I get a VIN.

Just worried now they are going to be pushing and rushing, I'll get a VIN and they'll ask for delivery in a couple days or something. Is that enough time to switch cash to financing and complete?
I got loan approval instantly once I hit submit then refreshed the page.

Nope, just the one they happen to be working with at the time keeping the 2.49%. Mine ended up being US Bank. I know others had Chase.
They always give you the 2.49% first. If you reach out to them and ask them to check again, they'll almost always get you a better rate. For example, I initially got 2.49%, but e-mailed them asking them to check with Chase since I bank with them. They e-mailed me back an hour or so later with a rate of 1.74%.

Also tried that, did not get a better rate.
After getting 2.49% from Tesla through Wells Fargo for 60 months, I applied with PenFed Credit Union and was approved for 1.99%.

From PenFed's Contact Support page, I asked if they could email me an approval confirmation.

I then forwarded that 1.99% confirmation to [email protected] stating I received a better rate as shown and asked if the 2.49% rate could be improved. They forwarded my request to [email protected] and my rate was changed to 1.99% (still with Wells Fargo) to match the competing offer.

From what I had seen on forum, seems Tesla may not improve rate just by asking, but should match a better rate if you show you have received a better rate elsewhere.

Here is the link to Tesla's Rate Match Guarantee for more info: Best Rate Guarantee

Reactions: stEVe91941
Just stumbled on this (very active) thread, so thanks to everyone posting updates! I ordered an LR AWD, blue/white 19" wheels, no FSD on 5/31. Dates were creeping toward end of June/beginning of July until this week. Been at 8/17 to 9/6 since Sunday. My SA told me that blue & red cars would likely get delivered sooner, but I'm guessing the hold-up is more on the LR side of things from what people are saying here.
1623776075426.png

Just stumbled on this (very active) thread, so thanks to everyone posting updates! I ordered an LR AWD, blue/white 19" wheels, no FSD on 5/31. Dates were creeping toward end of June/beginning of July until this week. Been at 8/17 to 9/6 since Sunday. My SA told me that blue & red cars would likely get delivered sooner, but I'm guessing the hold-up is more on the LR side of things from what people are saying here.
View attachment 673622
My red LR is a double whammy then?

After getting 2.49% from Tesla through Wells Fargo for 60 months, I applied with PenFed Credit Union and was approved for 1.99%.

From PenFed's Contact Support page, I asked if they could email me an approval confirmation.

I then forwarded that 1.99% confirmation to [email protected] stating I received a better rate as shown and asked if the 2.49% rate could be improved. They forwarded my request to [email protected] and my rate was changed to 1.99% (still with Wells Fargo) to match the competing offer.

From what I had seen on forum, seems Tesla may not improve rate just by asking, but should match a better rate if you show you have received a better rate elsewhere.

Here is the link to Tesla's Rate Match Guarantee for more info: Best Rate Guarantee
Thanks man. I will check out PenFed. Hopefully it isn't too late.

Reactions: Ace777