Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After getting 2.49% from Tesla through Wells Fargo for 60 months, I applied with PenFed Credit Union and was approved for 1.99%.

From PenFed's Contact Support page, I asked if they could email me an approval confirmation.

I then forwarded that 1.99% confirmation to [email protected] stating I received a better rate as shown and asked if the 2.49% rate could be improved. They forwarded my request to [email protected] and my rate was changed to 1.99% (still with Wells Fargo) to match the competing offer.

From what I had seen on forum, seems Tesla may not improve rate just by asking, but should match a better rate if you show you have received a better rate elsewhere.

Here is the link to Tesla's Rate Match Guarantee for more info: Best Rate Guarantee
Thanks for that info! Looks like most banks and CUs will offer lower rates than 2.49% for loans shorter than 72 months but the 72 month loans are right around the 2.49%. I just checked PenFed and they are showing 2.39% for a 72 month. That would only be a $3 a month savings for me.

Thanks man. I will check out PenFed. Hopefully it isn't too late.
No problem. I'm just passing on the advice which I also used from Coder77 in the Tesla Loan Comparison Spreadsheet thread.

Shouldn't be too late. When applying on PenFed's site, I got approval right on the site within seconds. And I got confirmation of the rate match the next day but I had sent my request after hours.

Thanks for that info! Looks like most banks and CUs will offer lower rates than 2.49% for loans shorter than 72 months but the 72 month loans are right around the 2.49%. I just checked PenFed and they are showing 2.39% for a 72 month. That would only be a $3 a month savings for me.
That's $216 over 72 months which could help pay for some accessories! I agree it's not worth SWITCHING to PenFed for that, but sending PenFed's approval confirmation to Tesla to have them match might be worth it even if it's not a huge savings.

Reactions: stEVe91941
Just spoke to Burbank delivery center and they said the car will arrive in 4-7 days which is line with Century City told me. They were super helpful and def. the best customer service experience I've had thus far. Car is in production so Vin should be any minute now!

Order date 4/21
Can you tell us what the number is that you called and who you talked to? It'd be great to talk to someone that actually doesn't mind helping. I don't think anyone that works in Buena Park likes their job.

Reactions: ytfsic
That's $216 over 72 months which could help pay for some accessories! I agree it's not worth SWITCHING to PenFed for that, but sending PenFed's approval confirmation to Tesla to have them match might be worth it even if it's not a huge savings.
I've been debating this for a few weeks now. Do you have to actually sign up for a PenFed account (open an account with the $5 minimum) just to apply and get approved for their loan? If I have to do that it doesn't seem worth it but if not, definitely worth it.

Agreed. I filtered by Western states (CA, OR, AZ, WA), and LR+, and the VINS drop off after early April. Hope there is a big batch of them about to drop.
Wouldn't count on that. It looks like others' observations that they're mainly filling SR and Performance deliveries right now are correct. This maximizes their revenue per battery which makes sense during a massive materials shortage. Many LR orders from over 2 months ago have now reported that their EDD just shifted from late June to "7-10 weeks", while some May LR orders of the same specs were already delivered at the higher retail price. My own SA who was so responsive has gone radio silent. We're conditioned not to trust EDDs at this point but it stands to reason that the 7-10 week people really are getting pushed to deliveries next quarter. This is a business that works for (and has done very well for) their shareholders, they make the best cars on the planet for urban driving, and they're confident that we're not cancelling our reservations at discount to current retail just because they strip a few parts and make us wait longer.

• Disagree
Reactions: Jaredspink