Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had some free time, so I dropped by the local Tesla location where my SA works. She wasn't there, so I spoke with another SA. Here's how the conversation went:

SA: Can I help you?
Me: I was wondering if you could give me any insight into the delivery of my car other than what I can find on my online Tesla account page...
SA: Nope. When did you order your car?
Me: I ordered on 5/17.
SA: Oh, so late May. I guess you should be receiving your car by the end of August.
Me: Oh really? My EDD is currently showing 6/18 to 6/30.

SA: Oh I guess you'll be receiving it earlier.

So I basically walked away a little worried and a little annoyed.
Did they bother to pull up your order page? I know they have a little bit more info then our page

I just dealt with Tesla on the phone for over an hour. Due to my SA not responding now after I informed him of his misinformation.

9/10 Tesla employees on the phone either had zero idea what they were talking about. Basically reading a script.

our conversations was how Tesla follows the law about registration hand over, and me informing them they were incorrect about CA law.

the 10th person I talked to, new the damn law and said Tesla people are basically dumb.

Niles at Burbank- true champion (agreed our cars should be about week half)

I just dealt with Tesla on the phone for over an hour. Due to my SA not responding now after I informed him of his misinformation.

9/10 Tesla employees on the phone either had zero idea what they were talking about. Basically reading a script.

our conversations was how Tesla follows the law about registration hand over, and me informing them they were incorrect about CA law.

the 10th person I talked to, new the damn law and said Tesla people are basically dumb.

Niles at Burbank- true champion (agreed our cars should be about week half)
What’s the issue with the registration? Also, I ordered from Burbank. What was that at the end about “week half”?

Just got my VIN ordered in Renton, WA. M3LR MSM/Black 18inch wheels ORdered 4-27, updated from sr+ to lr may 12th delivery date 19th to the 27th.
*sobbs* "Congratulations buddy! *pours another scotch* "I'm-" *wipes away tears* "...so happy for you!"
1623876091696.png

I really don't understand how they could've got their order before you. Just doesn't make much sense.
Theory is some April orders getting pushed because the price was hiked 4 times since then and Tesla's 2Q numbers will look better with more of the higher markup orders fulfilled (and may make up for supply shortage/Texas factory timeline woes). It's totally fine by me, I am happy for those customers and not bitter at all:
crying-cat-meme-lede.jpg