Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my vin today!!! 997XXX
Order date: May 5th
I think I've become Pavlov's dog. Every time I read "Got my VIN!", my natural reflex is now to hit refresh!

I also kind of feel like the refresh button is like a slot machine button. Press the button, then stare at the screen and wait to see if you're a winner. One of these presses will eventually be the jackpot though!

That's what I was thinking... if that's the case, my accessory email came at 10am this morning. A few hours before that, my EDD got moved from June 30-July 20 to June 21-June 30. 🤞
I got the accessories email today, 5 days after scheduling my delivery….I don’t think there is a correlation. With that said, keeping my fingers crossed that everyone gets their M3s soon, especially the April orders. As a May order, I continue to feel the guilt of having a shorter wait than the April folks also….here’s to April and West Coast orders getting fulfilled soon, cheers

Yeah I don’t think there’s any connection between the two lol. I think it was just an email that went out.
I stand corrected maybe there’s some connection to that email. I got my vin like an hour ago. So maybe. But no text nor email for the vin. Just refresh the account page and accepted Tesla vision prompt and got my vin.

I have seen my estimated changed a few times, even this past Saturday bumping from 6/19-30 to 9 to 13 weeks, but then switched to now saying 6/21-30. Hoping that still stands.

I am curious about where people have been seeing the VIN show up?
Luckily, my dates never did the 9 to 13 weeks route, but I’m currently sitting with the same dates as you. Fingers crossed for all of us with dates by the end of the month to get our VINs soon!

Reactions: JoJa15
Has anyone else had a 9 - 13 week EDD remain for a while? I keep reading about everyones dates changing daily and I've just been sitting here with the glitched date for a week now. I'm hoping Tesla's systems aren't so dumb that I'm not able to get assigned a VIN with this date range, but who knows with their systems.

I’m in a business where I routinely meet people who’ve just had EV chargers installed in Northern CA near Tesla Rocklin. Everyone has an EDD of 6/19-6/30 that I’ve talked to. At least there is some congruency there.
I ordered mine in Rocklin and my dates just changed to 6/21-6/30 this morning. Fingers crossed we all see VINs arrive soon!

Has anyone else had a 9 - 13 week EDD remain for a while? I keep reading about everyones dates changing daily and I've just been sitting here with the glitched date for a week now. I'm hoping Tesla's systems aren't so dumb that I'm not able to get assigned a VIN with this date range, but who knows with their systems.

I've have 7-10 weeks EDD for about a week now.
I thought that was weird that you guys kept that range when mine went back to the date range after 2 days??

Hi all, waiting for a black with white interior, pickup in burbank.
order 5/31
No vin yet
EDD timeline:
06/03/2021 - June 20 - June 30
06/04/2021 - June 14 - June 30
Sometime after that, June 20-30
06/16/2021 - June 18 - June 30
06/17/2021 - June 19 - June 30

anyone think I’ll get the vin soon or just false hope?

I thought that was weird that you guys kept that range when mine went back to the date range after 2 days??
My EDDs have never really changed much so I've found it weird how everyone here has dates that change so often. But this is definitely the longest my range has been stuck.

Can someone with a "normal" EDD look at their source code and see what their date range says? Mine seems odd but not sure what normal looks like. Mine says:

"EstimateDelivery":{"copyOverride":"Estimated delivery: 9-13 weeks"}

I'd think the copyOverride part shouldn't be there but I'm no coder. My fear is that something is glitched and I'm unable to be assigned a VIN now and by the time Tesla figures it out they'll say "sorry, we can't deliver your car until September, but we'd be happy to sell you a demo for the same price if you don't want to wait."

My EDDs have never really changed much so I've found it weird how everyone here has dates that change so often. But this is definitely the longest my range has been stuck.

Can someone with a "normal" EDD look at their source code and see what their date range says? Mine seems odd but not sure what normal looks like. Mine says:

"EstimateDelivery":{"copyOverride":"Estimated delivery: 9-13 weeks"}

I'd think the copyOverride part shouldn't be there but I'm no coder. My fear is that something is glitched and I'm unable to be assigned a VIN now and by the time Tesla figures it out they'll say "sorry, we can't deliver your car until September, but we'd be happy to sell you a demo for the same price if you don't want to wait."
This is what my source code looks like

Extended Order Status v0.2.1.9​

VIN​

• VIN: Not assigned
  • Previous VINs: None

Delivery​

• Delivery date: June 20 - June 30
  • Previous delivery dates:
    • June 19 - June 30
    • June 18 - June 30
    • June 17 - June 30
    • 9-13 weeks
    • June 14 - June 30
    • June 13 - June 30

Dumb question but do you have the VIN finder extension or have you been checking the page source? I ask because it doesn't seem like Tesla reaches out to you once your VIN gets assigned, at least Buena Park doesn't.
I added the VIN Finder Extension (Tesla Extended Order Status) just after EDD changed to 7-10 Weeks. So there is no history recorded for previous EDDs.
Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 9.56.51 PM.png