Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright my fellow San Diego warriors!!

Just got my VIN!!

1624052090276.png

Ordered 4/11 White on Black with 19"..

4/22 Bay Area order here. SA just told me there is a soft match and it's expected to be delivered on 7/2, could be even later. Worst buying experience ever. Not sure if I will think it's worth the wait even after I get the car, especially since there won't be radar or lumbar support.

Alright my fellow San Diego warriors!!

Just got my VIN!!

View attachment 674987

Ordered 4/11 White on Black with 19"..
congrats. now the anxiety gets even worse because now you know you have a VIN, the refresh rate of webpage will be alot more hahahahaha. im waiting on my text to schedule delivery. I called Fremont Tesla to see where my car is at and apparently, its in the process of being put onto a truck and delivered to Marina Del Rey. Hopefully they call me before fathers day. if not, ill wait till next week. Im going to call in sick from work if it comes on a day that I work next week.

Congrats! Seems like a VIN dumping day for us Californians! I have the exactly same config and ordered 4/3 picking up in Marina Del Rey. No VIN yet, but hope our cars are transported from the same truck!!!!
It’s coming next week apparently.. my VIN got assigned as soon as the car went to their “Holding Lot”— told by the agent at Carlsbad. He also mentioned that a majority of folks are getting their VINs today.. good luck fellas…

CLARIFICATION FROM MY VISIT TO BURBANK

I just dropped by the Burbank location. There was an advisor who welcomed me with a friendly greeting and asked if she could help me. I told her I got an email this morning. Before I went any further, she knew which email I was referring to. She started with an apology, and then let me know that it really was a glitch. This email is not an indicator of anything else in a good way or a bad way.

She then looked up my RN# and told me (without 100% guarantee) that my car should be on a truck in Fremont on 6/22, then travel 6 hours down to Burbank. As the car is being loaded, I will receive my VIN. I will be asked to schedule a home delivery. 24 hours prior to the arrival of my car, I will be asked to complete payment. Car will be dropped off where I request with the paperwork in a FedEx envelope. Once the car is parked, I will be notified of delivery and asked to accept delivery. I will have 100 miles to drive it around and report anything I don't like and report it.

She said that the EDD changing to 9-13 weeks means absolutely nothing as it's part of the glitch that sent the email in the first place.

I'm totally cool with this, not because of anything else. I just appreciate that she apologized and offered some level of transparency.

4/22 Bay Area order here. SA just told me there is a soft match and it's expected to be delivered on 7/2, could be even later. Worst buying experience ever. Not sure if I will think it's worth the wait even after I get the car, especially since there won't be radar or lumbar support.
That's unfortunate. If next week my EDD is still quoting "7-10 weeks", I may just cancel and buy a cheap combustion sedan to avoid a car payment and higher insurance. Used car prices are starting to correct and cool off, and they were part of why I ordered a Model 3 two and a half months ago. My EDD has shifted from May to August over time and I really need a car! Good luck to everyone who is in the queue as these really are the best vehicles out there if you're able to wait for the delivery.

I just dropped by the Burbank location. There was an advisor who welcomed me with a friendly greeting and asked if she could help me. I told her I got an email this morning. Before I went any further, she knew which email I was referring to. She started with an apology, and then let me know that it really was a glitch. This email is not an indicator of anything else in a good way or a bad way.

She then looked up my RN# and told me (without 100% guarantee) that my car should be on a truck in Fremont on 6/22, then travel 6 hours down to Burbank. As the car is being loaded, I will receive my VIN. I will be asked to schedule a home delivery. 24 hours prior to the arrival of my car, I will be asked to complete payment. Car will be dropped off where I request with the paperwork in a FedEx envelope. Once the car is parked, I will be notified of delivery and asked to accept delivery. I will have 100 miles to drive it around and report anything I don't like and report it.

She said that the EDD changing to 9-13 weeks means absolutely nothing as it's part of the glitch that sent the email in the first place.

I'm totally cool with this, not because of anything else. I just appreciate that she apologized and offered some level of transparency.
I can't tell if most SAs are lazy or if some are just full of crap. Every Tesla employee I've ever talked to says the date in my profile is the most accurate and they can't see anything different. Then I see people like you randomly who have SAs give them specific dates. So are the ones I've talked to just lazy or are the ones giving out specific dates full of crap?

Well that sounds hopeful for us Burbank people