Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know I caved and ordered a demo, but I can't help but come back and check in on my people here still waiting. I'm crossing my fingers that the second quarter push works out for all of you.

I had my own shenanigans to sort out today when I realized Tesla was expecting me to pick up my vehicle at the Kansas City service center. Somehow the delivery zip code portion of the order didn't take. My strategy of not submitting payment info until I got a call worked out and the SA who called was incredibly helpful. My delivery location was switched to the local service center in Raleigh and I'm scheduled pick up one week from today.

Now I'm just crossing my fingers for no major flaws.

Called Tesla Century City and the person told me the car is forecasted to finish being built tomorrow and to expect delivery next weekend. So literally the last possible day of June. Really don't understand how the process can be this flawed.
I was thinking about this. I'm starting to wonder if VIN assignments are made when the car goes into production. I know this is how some other manufacturers work. I also know that Tesla has thousands of cars sitting in factory containment holds, waiting on parts (assuming silicon related). What if some of our cars were built but are waiting on that part before they can be delivered? Maybe the affected part is now in hand but is being supplied to the production line. At the same time, the rest are earmarked for the containment vehicles to be fitted by another team, which could be a slower process depending on how complicated the process is to install said part. Maybe those of us that got that phantom "make your final payment" email have VINs assigned, but they are vehicles waiting on the part. The glitch in the system was that it didn't differentiate between those who had VINs assigned to complete vehicles and those waiting on the part to be installed. Just something to ponder...

• Informative
Reactions: JoJa15
Odd. On a mobile browser I cannot see signatures. On a PC browser I can though. I think it is limited to screen size. So below a certain screen size it removes the signature. Here is my current signature though so you can see what it looks like:

Ordered 5/13/21: M3LR AWD, Wht/Blk 18", No FSD
EDD's: 6/17 - 6/30 > 6/10 - 6/22 > 5-11 weeks > 6/17 - 6/30 > 6/22 - 6/30 > No EDD > 6/21 - 6/30 > 6/22 - 6/30 > 6/21 - 6/30 > 6/15 - 6/30 > 6/21 - 6/30 > 6/22 - 6/30 > 6/25 - 6/30 > 6/21 - 6/30
I can’t see on my iPhone either

1624246776097.png

from reddit. Hits the nail on the head.
u/Happy-Back9132

While that might end up being the case, I ordered the first week of this quarter on April 6 and it told me for the longest time that I was going to get the car in May. Fast forward to this week and I just got my VIN yesterday and I am picking it up on Wednesday.
I just jinxed it didn't I. I have to finalize my trade-in before I can proceed anyway, which I will do once I have my title in hand which *hopefully* will happen this week

Reactions: Lazerack
I got overly impulsive and wrote a script to check existing inventory in my area every 30 sec for non-demo cars and alert me. It worked and I got one a day later, but then talked with my SA and found out it was built over a months ago and likely used for marketing purposes. A friend suggested maybe it was a showroom model. Since it has less than 50 miles there was no price discount. It would have been nice if the car was not built yet or transported yet like some others here have mentioned, but that wasn't the case. It's painful, but I decided in the end to unmatch the VIN and wait for one off the factory line. Probably going to be next quarter now, but I guess given the money we're forking over better to be patient. Still waiting for my account to update and see what the new dates will be.

• Informative
Reactions: JoJa15
I got overly impulsive and wrote a script to check existing inventory in my area every 30 sec for non-demo cars and alert me. It worked and I got one a day later, but then talked with my SA and found out it was built over a months ago and likely used for marketing purposes. A friend suggested maybe it was a showroom model. Since it has less than 50 miles there was no price discount. It would have been nice if the car was not built yet or transported yet like some others here have mentioned, but that wasn't the case. It's painful, but I decided in the end to unmatch the VIN and wait for one off the factory line. Probably going to be next quarter now, but I guess given the money we're forking over better to be patient. Still waiting for my account to update and see what the new dates will be.
GitHub link for the script? Happy to help maintain it

• Love
Reactions: JoJa15 and ytfsic
GitHub link for the script? Happy to help maintain it
I must not have access yet to send direct messages (the above was my first post), or I don't see the option. If you're able to send me a message I'll send back the script. I just have it on my local computer. It's something I put together in about 30 minutes so it would need some work to generalize. It's looking for one specific build and in just my area.

Reactions: hcdavis3
I've got my VIN today! The car came off assembly in Fremont at 4:51PM per my SA.
EDD 21-26 June in PHX - Raintree. I originally ordered blue/black SR+ end of April and changed my mind on May 5th towhite/black LR. My SA's name is Joaquin and he was great all along. He actually kept me from getting some demos reassuring me about June 22nd as EDD. I must say he was very accurate! I mean he shared that with me at the beginning of June...who knew 😂. Anyways, hope all you Tesla heads get yours soon!!!

I've got my VIN today! The car came off assembly in Fremont at 4:51PM per my SA.
EDD 21-26 June in PHX - Raintree. I originally ordered blue/black SR+ end of April and changed my mind on May 5th towhite/black LR. My SA's name is Joaquin and he was great all along. He actually kept me from getting some demos reassuring me about June 22nd as EDD. I must say he was very accurate! I mean he shared that with me at the beginning of June...who knew 😂. Anyways, hope all you Tesla heads get yours soon!!!
Congratulations!