Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing I noticed both in this pic and in the Fremont factory drone fly over videos, is that I didn't see that the aero covers are installed during transport. So, guessing the Service Center adds them at some point before delivery.

At the risk of starting a "Why do you want to remove the aero covers?!" debate... For those that had planned on removing the aero wheels anyway, has anyone been successful in asking SC to not add them and put them in the trunk?
Could question. Does removing/adding the aero covers scratch the rims at all? I probably will drive without the aero covers most of the time except for road trips.

Could question. Does removing/adding the aero covers scratch the rims at all? I probably will drive without the aero covers most of the time except for road trips.
Same - I've seen a few videos where people have done side-by-side tests going both ways to measure energy consumption with and without. Not a huge difference, but a difference nonetheless. Would definitely want to get every bit of efficiency I could on a long road trip, but for my commute and driving around town, will most likely go commando. I don't know, though - I'm not the hugest fan of the aero covers, but my wife thinks they look really nice. I would almost rather have the 19", but that's going to dig into my acceleration boost budget! :D

Reactions: stEVe91941
Same - I've seen a few videos where people have done side-by-side tests going both ways to measure energy consumption with and without. Not a huge difference, but a difference nonetheless. Would definitely want to get every bit of efficiency I could on a long road trip, but for my commute and driving around town, will most likely go commando. I don't know, though - I'm not the hugest fan of the aero covers, but my wife thinks they look really nice. I would almost rather have the 19", but that's going to dig into my acceleration boost budget! :D
Yeah I am not a big fan of the aero covers either. My wife hates them more than I do lol. The rims without them actually look nice. I would like to get some Martian rims that are more light weight but hard to justify right now after just purchasing the car.

Reactions: greymatter73
24 hours to go until I pick up my car!!
For those of you who have already taken delivery and are still lurking on here, did they send you financing paperwork to sign before pickup? Or did you sign everything in person at pickup?
As soon as I pick up, we are going straight to get the windows tinted, and then we will have a exciting 2 hour drive back home! I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight

Congrats! Can't wait for mine. Remember to double check the supercharging before you leave SA. Don't want to get stuck at the Three Rivers Supercharger.

I was also thinking about doing the windows tint the same day, but I don't have the same commute problem. Are you going to do the windshield tint?

Yeah I am not a big fan of the aero covers either. My wife hates them more than I do lol. The rims without them actually look nice. I would like to get some Martian rims that are more light weight but hard to justify right now after just purchasing the car.
18-inch Martians would be my ideal too. For now I'm going with black Orbital covers to replace the Aeros.

Reactions: JoJa15
same here. Got VIN on 06/18 but still waiting for the delivery message. Pick up at Burbank. Should I call Burbank to help to check out? Called them on Saturday and said it has not been finished yet. 999900 ish

EDD 0622-0626 this morning and 0623-0628 yesterday. Well, the window is narrowing tho

What do they ding you for the acceleration boost?

Wel
8-12 weeks for me this morning, picking up in Carlsbad and ordered late April 😡
Same with me this morning. I was running 6/22-6/30 for a while. Have you called the dealership? I'm thinking of calling and just asking what their deliveries are looking like. I've read a few posts where this has happened to people and then a few days later got their vin.

Update: scheduled my Pickup for Wednesday! White on white LR sport wheels FSD. I didn’t blurr the vin just so you guys can see where they are with the million car mark. Vallejo CA.View attachment 676038View attachment 676039
Update: Tesla Vallejo C.A. called me this morning and said my car is already there and ready for pickup! Original delivery date is tomorrow 6/22. Unfortunately the one day im not available is today FML!!! Im going to try to work some magic here!

My delivery was supposed to be today, but got a call that the truck is delayed for delivery. They rescheduled me for tomorrow, but the time may not work for me. Trying to get ahold of someone at the delivery center in Highland Park at quarter end is the real struggle now.