Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After just a month of waiting! I finally got my Model 3. I have never seen a car so beautiful. The red and black color scheme is really nothing cooler than this. I got the car at Smithtown-Long Island Center at 10:30 this morning. After a careful inspection of the car, it was found that there was nothing wrong with the car! There is no big gap, no water in the lampshade, no scratches on the car paint, no scratches on the seat, very clean. Guess I am the lucky one? Because I’m in New York, I’ll get the license plate in advance. The smell of the new car is really very comfortable. Fortunately, I didn't buy a Demo vehicle. Think about it once it was produced. It only has a mileage of 3 mi, which is just for you. No one else has driven it. I am very satisfied with my car, and I believe that I will travel to various places with it in the future. Because I like it so much. (And my SA was super super nice!)
A83E25E00D51E674B3DB0AE2B3F4053D.jpg

FDCBF6D4A2793AE62EF18661D7BE72CD.jpg

IMG_3005.JPG

IMG_3007.JPG

ps. I have never driven such a comfortable car.

Could question. Does removing/adding the aero covers scratch the rims at all? I probably will drive without the aero covers most of the time except for road trips.
Although I've never done it, I don't think you'd scratch the alloy wheels by removing/adding the plastic aero covers.

The video below shows the removal process with the addition of lug nut covers and center cap.

Although I saw this Aero Wheel Cap Kit on Tesla Shop, I did not see that the lug nut covers and center cap kit was available, which I liked better. So I ordered this kit from Amazon, currently $22.

Also will order these suction cups to remove the center cap if I decide to add the aero wheels back on again.

According to this article from 2017, Tesla's VP of Engineering said the aero wheels can increase efficiency by ~10%.

Reactions: stEVe91941
After just a month of waiting! I finally got my Model 3. I have never seen a car so beautiful. The red and black color scheme is really nothing cooler than this. I got the car at Smithtown-Long Island Center at 10:30 this morning. After a careful inspection of the car, it was found that there was nothing wrong with the car! There is no big gap, no water in the lampshade, no scratches on the car paint, no scratches on the seat, very clean. Guess I am the lucky one? Because I’m in New York, I’ll get the license plate in advance. The smell of the new car is really very comfortable. Fortunately, I didn't buy a Demo vehicle. Think about it once it was produced. It only has a mileage of 3 mi, which is just for you. No one else has driven it. I am very satisfied with my car, and I believe that I will travel to various places with it in the future. Because I like it so much. (And my SA was super super nice!)

Congrats! I cannot wait to take and post photos of my car (when I get it)!

Reactions: ytfsic and Japerz
After just a month of waiting! I finally got my Model 3. I have never seen a car so beautiful. The red and black color scheme is really nothing cooler than this. I got the car at Smithtown-Long Island Center at 10:30 this morning. After a careful inspection of the car, it was found that there was nothing wrong with the car! There is no big gap, no water in the lampshade, no scratches on the car paint, no scratches on the seat, very clean. Guess I am the lucky one? Because I’m in New York, I’ll get the license plate in advance. The smell of the new car is really very comfortable. Fortunately, I didn't buy a Demo vehicle. Think about it once it was produced. It only has a mileage of 3 mi, which is just for you. No one else has driven it. I am very satisfied with my car, and I believe that I will travel to various places with it in the future. Because I like it so much. (And my SA was super super nice!)View attachment 676311
View attachment 676312
View attachment 676313
View attachment 676314
Very nice!

Reactions: Japerz
I'd call both Tesla in Colorado and New Mexico and see if they have any better guidance, but be prepared for conflicting answers.

FWIW, Tesla is forbidden from operating in NM which is why he has to go to out of state to pick up his car. Or you can pay $750 and have it delivered by a 3rd party truck. Regardless, taxes are paid when you go to the MVD to register the vehicle.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide and egds
I ordered on line 6/15, have never been contacted by or spoken to a SA. Should I contact my delivery center and have one assigned? What do they actually do for you? Picking up in Nashville, 7-12 weeks.
LR AWD, Midnight Silver, Black/White, 18”, Autopilot

Ok this mean you gonna get your VIN very soon. I got the 9-13 weeks for 3 days then today I got the VIN
Yea, not so sure about that! Last Thursday, my EDD changed from June 30 - July 20 to June 21 - June 30. After a couple of weeks of expecting it to be into July, it was the best day in my life! Then, the rug got ripped from under me on Friday with 9-13 weeks and then on Saturday it changed to 8-12 weeks and I have been stuck there ever since. I know others are way ahead of me that haven't gotten their VINs yet but have also seen people who ordered in the past couple of weeks that have their VINs, so until I have my VIN in hand, I don't trust any of these dates anymore! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: mtrois and ytfsic
Yea, not so sure about that! Last Thursday, my EDD changed from June 30 - July 20 to June 21 - June 30. After a couple of weeks of expecting it to be into July, it was the best day in my life! Then, the rug got ripped from under me on Friday with 9-13 weeks and then on Saturday it changed to 8-12 weeks and I have been stuck there ever since. I know others are way ahead of me that haven't gotten their VINs yet but have also seen people who ordered in the past couple of weeks that have their VINs, so until I have my VIN in hand, I don't trust any of these dates anymore! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I ordered on July 8th, and I haven't got my VIN yet... BTW I live a 5 minutes drive away from their Fremont factory😕