Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep seeing people post insurance quotes that are quite high. Maybe I'm just lucky but my wife got a quote last night after I got my VIN and I'm looking at just over $600 for 6 months total with my wife's van included. So between $50-100/mo for the model 3. Why is mine so cheap compared to everyone else? We have Progressive.
What are your coverages, deductibles, and annual miles? That’s what dictates quotes/premiums. Just giving the premium amount without the coverages, deductibles, and miles doesn’t allow ppl to make comparisons.

I keep seeing people post insurance quotes that are quite high. Maybe I'm just lucky but my wife got a quote last night after I got my VIN and I'm looking at just over $600 for 6 months total with my wife's van included. So between $50-100/mo for the model 3. Why is mine so cheap compared to everyone else? We have Progressive.
I know in my case part of the issue is that I have a 16-year-old that is on our policy as well. My insurance was MUCH cheaper before she started driving.

d1tXFjq.png

Do you see that on the bottom right of your order page?

Another update. Last night I received my VIN, the EDD when I accepted the VIN was 7-10 weeks. Then that evening it updated to 6/26-6/28. This morning it was updated to 6/23-6/27. I received my "congratulations" text this morning about 10 minutes after my local delivery center opened. When I clicked the link I was given times only on 6/26, but thankfully that day works for me. Now I have a scheduled delivery date and time (6/26). From what I understand this means that I will get a call within 24 hours of the delivery to finalize payment particulars.

I called the PPF place today to set up the appointment. Fingers crossed no whammies between now and then!

Messages Image(1625473146).png

Reactions: ytfsic
Delivery Update! Get VIN on 06/18 with 999900ish, pick up at Burbank (I have to say Burbank is really helpful! Everyone!) Called them on 06/22 morning and they say my car is in transit. Received message after 2-3 hours to schedule 06/24 pick up. Recieved a call from Burbank say they can deliver to my address today! Can't wait for my baby and will update the pics here!!! Overall, for those in California, you will normally get you car in 5 days after VIN!

Delivery Update! Get VIN on 06/18 with 999900ish, pick up at Burbank (I have to say Burbank is really helpful! Everyone!) Called them on 06/22 morning and they say my car is in transit. Received message after 2-3 hours to schedule 06/24 pick up. Recieved a call from Burbank say they can deliver to my address today! Can't wait for my baby and will update the pics here!!! Overall, for those in California, you will normally get you car in 5 days after VIN!
When did you order? Congrats btw!

What are your coverages, deductibles, and annual miles? That’s what dictates quotes/premiums. Just giving the premium amount without the coverages, deductibles, and miles doesn’t allow ppl to make comparisons.
That's fair actually. I'm coming off a Ford lease so we kept it the same as what they required which I believe is 100k/300k/100k with a $500 deductible. Also includes GAP and rental.

Congrats! For anyone who took delivery recently, can you comment (or even send pictures) of your left side trunk meets glass roof/rear door area? Tesla is telling me the lack of liner between glass roof and panel, and also associated panel gap, is 100% standard since they installed the powered lift gate on the M3. I will admit the only other one I’ve seen in person does share the lack of liner and does not have a flush fit at that spot (although I think panel is slightly misaligned further 🤷‍♂️). Super curious what others are seeing. For reference see mine 👇
Mine looks the same. Like you said, it seems.to be because of the power lift gate

Reactions: M3isforme