Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone try calling Buena Park and seeing if they can provide concrete details about pending orders like Burbank SAs have? My SA, like many others, is completely useless and answers questions by not answering them -- thinking about calling BP for myself and seeing if they have insight on my car's production timeline

Anyone try calling Buena Park and seeing if they can provide concrete details about pending orders like Burbank SAs have? My SA, like many others, is completely useless and answers questions by not answering them -- thinking about calling BP for myself and seeing if they have insight on my car's production timeline
Don't even bother with Buena Park SA. They won't gave you any help

I've got an almost 15 year old. Not looking forward to those increased premiums in a year or so.
My daughter is on our policy and she totaled her car last year... needless to say, our premium doubled. She's still on the policy, but I'm thinking I'm going to insure the M3 on it's own separate policy without her on it... she moved out and will never be driving my new baby, so fingers crossed her mistake doesn't cost me even more with this!

My daughter is on our policy and she totaled her car last year... needless to say, our premium doubled. She's still on the policy, but I'm thinking I'm going to insure the M3 on it's own separate policy without her on it... she moved out and will never be driving my new baby, so fingers crossed her mistake doesn't cost me even more with this!

Premium doubled, well you're now probably paying the same if you had a son instead. Reminds me of when I crashed my Mustang when I was 18, wasn't totaled but a good amount of damage.

Geico paid but then cancelled me the day after and said I couldn't actually "use" my insurance. Lost a potential life-long amount of revenue from me

Reactions: greymatter73
I just talked to a random Tesla phone rep who mentioned the vehicle's are usually held in holding lots and released to the delivery centers two hours prior to delivery to be cleaned. This may explain why there are so many issues because they have virtually no time to look them over. With that, would anyone happen to know where the Raintree location in Scottsdale, AZ has their holding lot? I'd like to go look my car over prior to delivery so I'm not rushed since my delivery is scheduled at 5pm and Google shows them closing at 5.

Edit: they also said my cars birthday was 6/20, so VIN came 2 days after production.

Last edited:
Reactions: Infinityaz and PsyD
Pro tip or coincidence?

If you do not have your VIN load a copy of your current insurance policy = theoretically this will speed up the process since you have checked off more "boxes".
- From a user whose name escapes me

I did just that on Monday - at the time my EDD was 8 to 12 week. This morning I checked my account and my EDD pulled in to July 3 - July 28.

Could be a coincidence, would be interested in what happens if others do it.

EDD History
- June 23rd received an EDD of July 8th - July 28th
- June 20th received an EDD of 8 to 12 weeks
- June 18th received an EDD of 9 to 13 weeks
- June 16th received an EDD of July 13th - Aug 02nd
- June 10th received an EDD of July 18th - Aug 10th
- June 08th received an EDD of July 30th - Aug 20th

Pro tip or coincidence?

If you do not have your VIN load a copy of your current insurance policy = theoretically this will speed up the process since you have checked off more "boxes".
- From a user whose name escapes me

I did just that on Monday - at the time my EDD was 8 to 12 week. This morning I checked my account and my EDD pulled in to July 3 - July 28.

Could be a coincidence, would be interested in what happens if others do it.

EDD History
- June 23rd received an EDD of July 8th - July 28th
- June 20th received an EDD of 8 to 12 weeks
- June 18th received an EDD of 9 to 13 weeks
- June 16th received an EDD of July 13th - Aug 02nd
- June 10th received an EDD of July 18th - Aug 10th
- June 08th received an EDD of July 30th - Aug 20th
Thinking coincidence... I uploaded mine more than a week ago and it has fluctuated a ton since then - sitting at 7-11 weeks now after 8-12 yesterday and june 23-27th the day before.

My car is supposedly coming in today, but I'm not taking delivery until Saturday. I'll drop by the SC tomorrow to see if it's there
The Scottsdale delivery center is tiny so it makes sense they hold them elsewhere. The cars can't be far if they release them two hours prior to delivery. Hopefully yours is located at the SC so you can see it. There's a Tesla showroom right down the street so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if their "holding lot" is the public parking garage by their showroom. Kind of scary to think about really.

I've heard of other people here doing it. It's just a matter of knowing where the cars are parked. I'm sure some lots around the country may be fenced in, but I'm guessing most are like dealer lots, at best, and physically open 24/7.
Funny; I am from Maine and took delivery in the closest available SC in New Jersey. Changed my flight hole from a wedding to Jersey just for taking delivery. I was told the day of my flight/day before scheduled delivery that my car was still at the local drop location and not yet at SC. When I landed, it turned out the hotel I was staying in was literally next to the overflow mall parking where they drop the vehicles before they go to the SC. I could see my future car out of my hotel window the night before (1 of 3 MSMs…). Found that to be somewhat entertaining, although all I wanted to do was be able to drive home that night 😂

Reactions: JoJa15
Providing an update after a crazy week of starting a new job this week and also getting my Vin on Tuesday.

Ordered 04/08
MSM, White Black Interior, 18' No FSD

Tesla Vision/Vin on 06/21

Scheduled Deliver 06/23 for pickup in Buena Park on 06/25

Got a call today that they are doing home delivery instead and will be dropping off the car between 8 am - 12 pm on 06/25 (had the option for morning or afternoon drop off)