Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I find a matching build in inventory, does it matter how far away the car is from my current location? Will Tesla still transport it to my SC for delivery? I emailed my SA earlier today but haven't heard back yet. Just curious if anyone here knew?
Nope - talked to my SA last night when I saw one pop up in another state. He said they're only doing local deliveries through the June push to get as many delivered as possible.

edit - he said I was welcome to pick it up if I was willing to fly there to take delivery.

Reactions: Infinityaz
Me getting the Tesla txt then realizing there is no VIN:
SERIOUSLY!!! I was waiting for a job interview when the text came in! I didn't even read the whole text, not realizing it wasn't my VIN and almost declined the call when it came in because I was so excited! I refreshed my page, didn't see anything and then the phone rang. I didn't pay attention to the first few minutes of the call... think I may have blown the interview! Thanks, Tesla!

Woo!! Rejoice!
Screenshot_20210623-143327_Messages.jpg

Reactions: stEVe91941
Did anyone get a follow-up text after reply? Is this an automated text or it's someone actually sending the text?
I believe it was a mass automated text to try and see if anyone would delay. They probably have more orders then cars so they want to have the least amount of disappointed people possible. If someone volunteers to delay that is one less potentially disappointed customer. That is at least my assumption I am going off of right now.

Did anyone get a follow-up text after reply? Is this an automated text or it's someone actually sending the text?
No follow-up here... I even responded in all caps just like it said to do! Would love to see how many people replied with "DELAY." I have seen a few people on here saying they weren't ready yet, so hoping there's enough to make sure those of us who are ready are able to take delivery!

I keep seeing people post insurance quotes that are quite high. Maybe I'm just lucky but my wife got a quote last night after I got my VIN and I'm looking at just over $600 for 6 months total with my wife's van included. So between $50-100/mo for the model 3. Why is mine so cheap compared to everyone else? We have Progressive.
Possibly because you’re in Phoenix. I’m in Los Angeles.

Well, that was sudden.

June 13: EDD was 9-13 weeks
June 14: EDD was June 19 - June 30
June 15: EDD was June 20 - June 30
June 16: EDD was June 21 - June 30
June 17: EDD was 9-13 weeks
June 18: EDD was 8 to 12 weeks (changed in the afternoon)
June 22: Tesla Vision notice and VIN arrived at around 8:00pm
June 23: Final Payment Notice (completed within like 2 minutes) arrived at around 9:30am
June 23: Delivery scheduled for June 24 (about 15 minutes after completing final payment)

Throughout this process, I have contacted SA's at Fremont, Burbank, Pasadena, and a few reps via chat (sometimes while considering a Demo). Hands down, Fremont and Burbank have the best SA's who sought out to help me and go above and beyond. The Burbank SA's gave me accurate information all along as I can see that in retrospect. Everyone else gave me either false or runaround responses.

For those who are expecting deliveries through Burbank, it looks like a large shipment just came in.

Thank you everyone for providing sanity to me when I thought I was going cuckoo with all the EDD changes. May everyone get their Teslas WAY faster than you expect at this moment.
Just about an hour ago, I got a call from an advisor who told me that my car is arriving today. Not complaining by any means but what a whirlwind.

16 hours ago, my EDD was 8-12 weeks. Now I’m staring at my Ring camera to see when the car arrives.

Oh man, that's interesting - first i've heard of a follow-up text ... I have silence.
I got a follow-up text after responding saying "Great! Please wait to hear from the delivery team when the vehicle is ready"
I got the same follow-up text -- maybe two minutes after my JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!