Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep. I have the same June 28-30 note. They must not have made the car yet because they are not offering me insurance yet. I think they need the VIN before they enable the insurance button. No VIN, no car :rolleyes: yet.
For me, the Tesla Insurance button became active after getting VIN. I could then go in and see the quote with their default coverage/deductible, but could also edit the coverage and update the quote as needed.

But I could not buy the insurance until after getting delivery scheduled. I then set the insurance to start on the same day as scheduled delivery and purchase.

The Tesla SC just called me to tell me they need to move my appointment back two hours tomorrow due to "transport issues." I know it's just two hours, but COME ON!!!! :)
I got a text this morning saying they needed to push my delivery back two days because the vehicle is still in transit.

Two extra days isn't a huge deal to me except now instead of picking my car up on a weekend afternoon I'm rearranging meetings and work obligations to make it happen in the middle of a weekday. It would have been nice to have an option, but no. I was just told a date and time it had been rescheduled to.

Was the trunk alignment the only real issue you found? That doesn't seem like a huge deal, congrats!
So far that’s the only manufacturing issue I’ve found. I did notice a bunch of grubby hand prints on the inside trim along the ceiling, which I thought was weird. I looked over just about everything I read about on these forums that have come up as an issue for others. I also notice the doors are hard to shut, but I’ve read that the seals will break in over time. Overall, definitely agree! Not a huge deal at all. So so so happy. Thank you!!!

Congrats!!!!!!:) Beeeutiful!! Did the license plate cover come with?
So beautiful 😍 and yes! I haven’t added anything to it so far. That cover was on it when I got it. They also provide a black (snap on?) one for the front in the trunk, but I haven’t put that on yet. I probably won’t till I get a fix it ticket LOL

Is there any reason to do "final payment" before you've inspected the car? I'm a little wary of that and figured I'd just pay at the SC when I'm getting the car today.
I paid for mine yesterday online, and i'm picking up on Tuesday... I did it to speed things up as i'm really busy during the day and i aslo really doubt that i will refuse delivery, even if there's issues i will take it and have them fix it.

Picked up a bit ago, car is perfect with no issues at all

Attachments

• 20210626_110634.jpg
    20210626_110634.jpg
    694.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 20210626_114016.jpg
    20210626_114016.jpg
    890.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 20210626_115730.jpg
    20210626_115730.jpg
    727.6 KB · Views: 104
Ordered a Tesla Model 3 on April 24 and it's been delayed a handful of times already.
First it said it would be delivered end of June
Changed to first week of July
Back to mid June
Further delayed to mid July
Then back to end of June with a tighter window
Again now delayed to end of July

This is ridiculous so I called the Burbank location and they said the North cal dealers are pulling strings and getting priority. What a stupid car purchasing experience.

Reactions: hcdavis3
Is there any reason to do "final payment" before you've inspected the car? I'm a little wary of that and figured I'd just pay at the SC when I'm getting the car today.
Yes, from my understanding they try to get you to accept delivery and then the app will work so you can open the car. That isn't happening, and I know a local person who also just went and talked to them and they opened the car up and did the inspection before accepting anything.

I'm not accepting anything but a few minor things and taking delivery until that point. Otherwise, they can try again. Will see what the car looks like when I get there.

Just got everything in order, insurance and financing. They just assigned a home delivery instead even though they told me that my address wasn't valid for delivery. 🤷‍♂️

On a different note, Tesla fixes stuff with your delivery right? I'm considering just paying now and just creating services requests.
I paid when the payment prompt came up. Once the car was delivered to my house, I went through the checklist. The only thing I found was one of the door handles was recessed a bit. It was within compliance, but I asked if I could have that adjusted a bit. The service center showed me how to request service on my app, but then completed the service request themself. They just wanted to show me how to use the app in case I have something in the future. So to answer your question, yes, Tesla will fix stuff after your delivery. Feel at peace when you pay.