Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what's maddening is there's no one in Tesla management to complain to. It really seems like there's a huge lack of communication between the people that work at Tesla. I remember Elon saying he was proud that the software that tracks everything was made in-house...

😵
Right - it is kinda incredible given the stories about how ridiculous it is to work with Tesla and how elite the car is (minus manufacturing flaws which are a given) ... They won't change their comms process and this EDD disaster until they get real competition - they know we'll all just roll our eyes and wait and wait and wait....

I talked to a customer care rep just now who basically confirmed the theory that the first month of a quarter is mostly reserved for international deliveries so if we didnt get a VIN today, most likely July is going to be a dry month and we can only expect things to resume in August :-(

Ordered M3 LR AWD White/Black 18 No FSD

I talked to a customer care rep just now who basically confirmed the theory that the first month of a quarter is mostly reserved for international deliveries so if we didnt get a VIN today, most likely July is going to be a dry month and we can only expect things to resume in August :-(

Ordered M3 LR AWD White/Black 18 No FSD
Scroll back through this large thread to previous quarters and you can see what happened. You can also check the order spreadsheet to see in previous quarters did people get vins right after quarter end. Based on the spreadsheet there is definitely a huge drop off. There are still VINS recorded but much less then quarter end.
1625085869491.png

Man I am so sorry to hear that! Hopefully they take care of you and get it to you before that EDD.
Thanks - in the meantime, I'll try calling every couple of hours to see if someone can give me an update on if my car has been loaded onto a carrier or not. My SA has ghosted me today, and his voicemail inbox is full, so what else is a guy gonna do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Right - it is kinda incredible given the stories about how ridiculous it is to work with Tesla and how elite the car is (minus manufacturing flaws which are a given) ... They won't change their comms process and this EDD disaster until they get real competition - they know we'll all just roll our eyes and wait and wait and wait....
I'm actually talking to Rivian tomorrow for a job interview, so this whole experience will be brought up to see if they have any plans to level the playing field.

Reactions: stEVe91941
Window is still 9-6... But it's almost 3 and I don't have an indication either way... If it wasn't on a truck then I figured they woulda let me know... If it is on a truck... curious why it's still not here? This is like EDD anxiety on steroids.
This makes me wonder if our cars are supposed to be on the same truck. My appointment yesterday was for 9-6 and I got called at around 10am saying my car wouldn't be loaded yesterday but would be for sure today, so they set a Noon pickup for today. Then got the call that it wouldn't make it today this morning... I've been trying to call the last hour and it keeps going to voicemail. Nobody's picking up in Rocklin at all!

My car was finally delivered today!! And it came earlier than the appointment time, by about 3 hours! So, I guess that's a reason to celebrate :). After looking at other rescheduled deliveries, I was concerned if I will be in the Q3 graduating class. Thankfully, that's not the case. The car looks great!

Anyway, I didn't really have time to go through the checklist to check for panel gaps, etc. but plan to do that tonight. The person who dropped off had to leave right after I signed the registration documents.

Will share pics and what I find in my checklist walk-through later on....

Wonder if you car was supposed to be on the same transporter as greymatter73's car.
I'm getting a sinking feeling that this is the case... And because mine got rescheduled to 7/3, I wonder if they're giving their drivers a break after the mad dash the last few days? I hope not, because it would be nice to get it early (per my current date!)... not holding my breath anymore, though!

Reactions: stEVe91941