Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered same configuration as you (exactly) on 6/22 - let’s just keep our fingers crossed!

Nice! I imagine we'll get our cars around the exact same time. If I hear anything I'll let you know.

My pre-approval was somewhat past 60 days on delivery. Nothing ever came up. Also, my trade-in offer was around 45 days and all they wanted on delivery day was the current odometer.

Awesome! That's good to know, thank you.

Ugh sorry to hear that - super frustrating... I wonder what happened... At least an end appears to be in sight...
Thanks... I've learned now to not have any hope/excitement until my butt is in the driver seat, so my bubble has been burst one too many times...

BUT - the SA told me I'm set up for home delivery and my car would be dropped off in my driveway, potentially waiting for me when I return from my long weekend. Does anybody know (because nobody's answering the phone AGAIN) when the 24° clock starts to submit any issues? I'd hate for it to be dropped off tomorrow or Saturday and me not get back to it until Monday and discover tons of panel gaps, sunken handles, etc., and for them to tell me I'm out of luck!

Finally took delivery. The delivery person nodded in agreement when I mentioned it is clear that orders with no options come last in the quarter, regardless of when you placed your order. So if you want your order sooner, add options. If you didn't add options, expect your order to be toward the end of your EDD or later.

Model 3 LR white ext, black int, aero, no FSD
Ordered 04/13
Finance Paperwork Completed 05/13
EDD went from 06/01-06/30 to 06/28-06/30; it pushed back one day for 28 days straight
Delivery 06/30
Nonsense.
Ordered a vanilla M3 on 4/1, delivery on 5/4.

The not being able to get ahold of someone is very hard. Some people get SA's that are very responsive/informative. Others get SA's that could be figments of their imagination. The best think is to expect your car the last day of the quarter. Anything earlier is icing on the cake. Do not look at your EDD. It is only a torture device.

What is your build? Since you are CA that increases your odds of being end of quarter. If you are white ext/black int, or white ext/white int that also increases your chance of being end of quarter. If you have a different build with upgrades that gives you a chance for earlier especially if you have FSD.
I just have the standard - gray with black interior, I didn't add any extras (auto driving, wheels, etc.). I didn't know that adding things would make it earlier, thanks for that info!

Reactions: hcdavis3
I had my VIN, delivery date and time, and signed contract disappear the night before I was to pick up my car. The explanation was that the car couldn't be delivered to the SC by 6/30 so the factory pulled my VIN. When I spoke to a SA the next morning he said that original VIN was gone and I would have to wait for a new one. Luckily I did get a new one the next day, yesterday, and also a new EDD showed up on my account this morning. Now just waiting for another delivery date. BTW the new VIN is a little over 3,000 more than the original one I received three days earlier.
Oh wow! The only thing that helps from these responses is that I'm not an anomaly.

I just have the standard - gray with black interior, I didn't add any extras (auto driving, wheels, etc.). I didn't know that adding things would make it earlier, thanks for that info!
It is not 100% but it seemed like cars with FSD and lots of add ons were getting filled sooner then plain vanilla cars. That does not mean that no plain vanilla cars were filled before end of quarter. Who knows though. I could be totally wrong.

I ordered white/white on 6/11 and estimated date is sitting at 7/7-7/27. I’ve had a few SA’s tell me things look good to receive a VIN sometime in July. However, most things I read on here says that you’re only gonna get your car at the end of the quarter. I’ve seen some exceptions where some people have gotten in July. Do I just need to get lucky or am I gonna be stuck waiting till September for sure?

I ordered white/white on 6/11 and estimated date is sitting at 7/7-7/27. I’ve had a few SA’s tell me things look good to receive a VIN sometime in July. However, most things I read on here says that you’re only gonna get your car at the end of the quarter. I’ve seen some exceptions where some people have gotten in July. Do I just need to get lucky or am I gonna be stuck waiting till September for sure?
If I've learned anything this past month, it's that you can never trust your EDD and that you'll get your car when you get it. The biggest piece of advice I can offer (at least from the last 2 weeks), is to look on the existing inventory page regularly for your exact build and see if one shows up. I've seen quite a few people (myself included) pick one of these up ahead of their VIN being issued. Of course, YMMV, but it's worth a shot... Not sure if my case is an anomaly or not, but I locked mine in last Saturday, but it seems others were given priority and mine has still not been transferred to my SC... hopefully by Monday (9 days after VIN). Other than that, just hang out here and enjoy the anxiety with everybody else! Hopefully I'll be graduating soon - especially after I jumped the gun yesterday thinking I was graduating yesterday at Noon... nope!

Reactions: stEVe91941
Yes, the Chinese factory has been building Model 3s for mainland China since 2019. Tesla just received authorization to ship export Chinese made Model 3s to the UK and other European countries in September 2020. Q3 would be the first quarter where production is at full capacity, given the semiconductor shortage, since they’ve been able to export Chinese made Model 3s. This was all covered in the Q1 earnings call and reported in the shareholder report. Hence why I’ve been trying to tell anyone who would listen that there’s a great chance that past history (Q3 FY20) does not predict well for Q3 FY21.
I've seen a lot of people that are still waiting on VINs post that their EDDs are in July which tracks with what you are saying.

Reactions: abub