Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Signed up just to post a couple of updates on my end.

Order date: 6/21

6B564C38-8458-49DB-8A9C-EAA7B90E6538.jpeg

Since then, date windows have fluctuated and a few “7-11” appeared on account. As of today however, this is the latest update:

70F8852B-4ED3-4096-9A0C-B02433E1DD2D.jpeg

My SA gave me a call 5 minutes ago explaining that if I don’t get the car by the end of august they will have to refresh loan request with Chase and that will be another hard inquiry on my credit.

View attachment 683230

Since then, date windows have fluctuated and a few “7-11” appeared on account. As of today however, this is the latest update:

View attachment 683229

My SA gave me a call 5 minutes ago explaining that if I don’t get the car by the end of august they will have to refresh loan request with Chase and that will be another hard inquiry on my credit.
How do you get that much information? Every SA I talk to says they have no idea until they get a VIN..

Reactions: mdude

View attachment 683230

View attachment 683229

Was that you texting with your SA? The one I've exchanged e-mails with (I think in Tysons Corner, VA) seems not at all interested in saying anything other than "sorry, no VIN yet" which I at least understand from the perspective of they're selling 100% of their stock regardless of any attempt at customer service. Frustrating, but it is what it is. I might try calling the dealership for an update, as I'm in a similar boat where I applied for a loan to enter the payment information as part of the pre-delivery tasks (since Tesla strongly implies they prioritize your order once that is done) and my loan expires on 7/29 which is annoying as it'll require another credit hit to re-apply (and we're happy with the rate we got, even if it's not a big deal).

Anyway, hope you get yours prior to having to re-apply!

Holy balls I got a VIN and EDD of 7/20-7/26. It was 7-10 weeks yesterday.
Another one with a VIN that ordered after me. Ordered 5/27 also in Maryland. Just called my sales center and he claimed no one got a vin today because they aren’t even producing for North America right now. Keep seeing delivery after delivery for people that ordered after my order date. It is what it is but still frustrating.

Reactions: Placeman
I might have the same issue with the credit. I reached out to my SA to see if I can get any more information about a possible delivery date.

I really don’t want to unlock my credit for another hard credit pull.

I called and they said if delivery takes place outside of 60 days were SOL. It's happening a lot because of the delays.

But if it helps - last I checked my credit score went UP after getting pre approved so there's that lol.

Was that you texting with your SA? The one I've exchanged e-mails with (I think in Tysons Corner, VA) seems not at all interested in saying anything other than "sorry, no VIN yet" which I at least understand from the perspective of they're selling 100% of their stock regardless of any attempt at customer service. Frustrating, but it is what it is. I might try calling the dealership for an update, as I'm in a similar boat where I applied for a loan to enter the payment information as part of the pre-delivery tasks (since Tesla strongly implies they prioritize your order once that is done) and my loan expires on 7/29 which is annoying as it'll require another credit hit to re-apply (and we're happy with the rate we got, even if it's not a big deal).

Yes it was me. I get a response within minutes every time I had to reach out. Starting to realize I’m a little lucky in that department but the wait is still on with these cars regardless if you have a attentive SA or not. I understand the frustration when you don’t have good communication with the person in charge of telling you when your car will be ready though. Good luck!

I called and they said if delivery takes place outside of 60 days were SOL. It's happening a lot because of the delays.

But if it helps - last I checked my credit score went UP after getting pre approved so there's that lol.

**TIP TO ANYONE WORRIED ABOUT ANOTHER HARD INQUIRY**

If you have a lot of credit card debt, if you can, pay a good percentage of it off but not all of it. This will lower your credit utilization and if they have to re-pull your credit, hopefully the agency they pull from has updated your higher score since the last time.

PS - don’t look at your credit karma scores, instead look for your FICO auto scores provided by experian.

View attachment 683230

View attachment 683229

June 10th order date here Picking up in Orlando to. Hopefully we’ll both be on the same delivery :)

Reactions: M3_p0\/\/3r

I haven’t encountered an SA at Tysons that provides the level of detail that other SAs mentioned in this thread have given their customer.
FYI, your Tesla financing approval is good for 60 days. After which, yeah you’ll need to reapply. That’s the one piece of good advice my Tysons SA did give…to select cash and he would switch it to financing once the VIN was available.

Can someone tell me why the date keeps getting pushed back even though I have everything done and taken care of, no vin but the date has been pushed back from july 12- july 31 to july-23 to august-12, im from ohio, anyone else have any ideas on why this would happen, my order date was 5/25

Yes it was me. I get a response within minutes every time I had to reach out. Starting to realize I’m a little lucky in that department but the wait is still on with these cars regardless if you have a attentive SA or not. I understand the frustration when you don’t have good communication with the person in charge of telling you when your car will be ready though. Good luck!

Thanks! I was more asking if you were texting with your assigned SA, or someone else with Tesla. Either way, glad you got a helpful one and seemingly will have a car soon!

I haven’t encountered an SA at Tysons that provides the level of detail that other SAs mentioned in this thread have given their customer.
FYI, your Tesla financing approval is good for 60 days. After which, yeah you’ll need to reapply. That’s the one piece of good advice my Tysons SA did give…to select cash and he would switch it to financing once the VIN was available.

Huh, wonder what it is about that location that keeps the SAs disengaged. I don't blame them, but I'd certainly appreciate if Tesla pretended like they cared more about the customer experience up front.

And yeah, that would have been good to know. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that, oh well! Definitely not the end of the world but not going to re-apply (we went with a third party for financing) until there's an actual delivery date in sight.

I'll be likely picking up in Tyson's, but my SA is somewhere out west. At least you got that. Mine has been pretty MIA since our initial interactions. I would have preferred to go that route for one credit pull.

View attachment 683230

View attachment 683229

I’m guessing by this that Chase loan is a 60 day approval?