Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used Detail Authority, and will be using them for round two. I was really thrilled with their work. They have also done work to my wife’s vehicle as well (tinted windows and partial PPF wrap).

They have a decent price on the full wrap for the M3. I was talking to them (John, who’s been awesome to work with) about that just a little while ago. I’d go full wrap as well if my car wasn’t in a garage.

Are you planning on any ceramic?

Hah, small world I guess.

I just finished booking an appointment (Sept. 8th, so far away, please stay away birds/rocks) for a complete PPF and some kind of window tinting (unclear what we'll get and what percentage to get). Was dealing with John on the phone who was nice and professional, and glad to hear you've worked with them before and recommend them.

Car looked too damn pretty on delivery that I want to try to maintain that as much as possible. Maybe it's good my appointment is a month away- would be very hard to immediately get the car and not have it for nearly a week!

(Since I see it was just asked above @21grey , was $5750 for a complete wrap. Standard was $1295 and premium was $1995. Definitely stings, but I think worth it for the peace of mind)

Reactions: Arqos

I just finished booking an appointment (Sept. 8th, so far away, please stay away birds/rocks) for a complete PPF and some kind of window tinting (unclear what we'll get and what percentage to get). Was dealing with John on the phone who was nice and professional, and glad to hear you've worked with them before and recommend them.

Car looked too damn pretty on delivery that I want to try to maintain that as much as possible. Maybe it's good my appointment is a month away- would be very hard to immediately get the car and not have it for nearly a week!

(Since I see it was just asked above @21grey , was $5750 for a complete wrap. Standard was $1295 and premium was $1995. Definitely stings, but I think worth it for the peace of mind)
Thanks! That's not terrible compared to others I've seen

Reactions: LaneDS and Arqos

Small world indeed! My car, assuming I have it, goes in on Sept 6th. I had an appt for Aug 5th but rescheduled due to not having the car yet… 😭

It’s so worth it. I’m doing premium then adding the lower parts which is another $500 iirc. Finally the ceramic coating.

I will try to not drive mine much between when I take delivery and my appointment. When I do, I won’t take it on highways like 66. That road is the pits.

Can confirm. 2 mid July orders from my family. Both now have EDD of "November". I think this means that our cars will not ship in Q3 (end of october). Not a great sign, cause usually Q3 is the big push for end of calendar year. On a good note, the November deliveries should be considered a 2022 VIN.
Why do you think it will be considered a 2022 vin? I had my model 3 delivered Dec 28, 2018 and it’s list as a 2018. I hope you are correct. My current model 3 order said November delivery before it went blank.

couple of demos in existing inventory in WA:

I thought there were no federal credits for EVs (Tesla specifically) anymore and just spending towards charging infrastructure. Has something changed?
Nothing has changed but I’ve been seeing online that the current administration is pushing for an expansion on the ev tax credit which would again include Tesla as well. As of right now though there isn’t anything.

Reactions: m3lad
Small world indeed! My car, assuming I have it, goes in on Sept 6th. I had an appt for Aug 5th but rescheduled due to not having the car yet… 😭

It’s so worth it. I’m doing premium then adding the lower parts which is another $500 iirc. Finally the ceramic coating.

I will try to not drive mine much between when I take delivery and my appointment. When I do, I won’t take it on highways like 66. That road is the pits.

Oh nice! Will wave to the Model 3's on my 9/8 drop off.

John mentioned they sometimes apply PPF on some driven 5-6k miles, after I mentioned how I just took delivery and was a little worried about getting unlucky between now and then but he didn't seem to think it'd be a problem. Car is way too fun to drive for me to not drive it much for a month, although it's yet to see a proper highway.

Oh nice! Will wave to the Model 3's on my 9/8 drop off.

John mentioned they sometimes apply PPF on some driven 5-6k miles, after I mentioned how I just took delivery and was a little worried about getting unlucky between now and then but he didn't seem to think it'd be a problem. Car is way too fun to drive for me to not drive it much for a month, although it's yet to see a proper highway.
I dropped off my M3 for PPF/tint/ceramic 20 min after taking delivery last Wednesday. Its killing me waiting to pick it up....hoping that it is ready to pickup tonight but no confirmation yet. Delayed gratification can be hard sometimes!

I dropped off my M3 for PPF/tint/ceramic 20 min after taking delivery last Wednesday. Its killing me waiting to pick it up....hoping that it is ready to pickup tonight but no confirmation yet. Delayed gratification can be hard sometimes!

This is the delayed gratification thread, basically. Everyone feels that pain!

At least you'll have the peace of mind once you get it back- please post impressions of the work if you don't mind!

Reactions: Midlifecrisis5