Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I already have separation anxiety. 😭 But it was a super smooth pickup and my M3 had no issues whatsover aside from the random old man that decided to open my passenger door to look inside while I was going thru my checklist.😨
A traditional car buyer... I'm kind of going to miss the whole driving to the car lot and sitting in the driver's seat while trying to ignore the sales guy chattering in your ear like a trained monkey.

A traditional car buyer... I'm kind of going to miss the whole driving to the car lot and sitting in the driver's seat while trying to ignore the sales guy chattering in your ear like a trained monkey.
There was something about that old 20th century method of buying a car that worked for a really long time. Loading the family up and picking a new Taurus wagon was cool. I'm glad I can swipe on my phone and buy a car now but still, driving to the lot etc.

Reactions: mrc73
There was something about that old 20th century method of buying a car that worked for a really long time. Loading the family up and picking a new Taurus wagon was cool. I'm glad I can swipe on my phone and buy a car now but still, driving to the lot etc.
The touch... That new car smell... The sitting in the driver's seat and trying to figure out if the seat matches you and if you match the seat.

That'll be 4 now. I considered a Model 3 last year, but bought a 2018 WRX with a manual transmission instead. At the time I wasn't sure I was ready to go EV so I decided to get "the car I wanted in high school" so to speak. It was fun to have one last daily driver manual sports car and live that wish out, but after revisiting it this year the writing was on the wall and I decided I had to do it and get the M3LR.
I’ll make it an even 5 ;)
Since the WRX came stateside back in ‘02, I made it a bucket list car to own. Have a ‘15 WRB that I’ll miss terribly, but I have a M3LR arriving in the next 2-3 weeks (hopefully). It’s not all sad, as my wife has a ‘17 WRX that I can take out should I miss rowing the gears.

• Funny
Reactions: c00sebookpro
I’ll make it an even 5 ;)
Since the WRX came stateside back in ‘02, I made it a bucket list car to own. Have a ‘15 WRB that I’ll miss terribly, but I have a M3LR arriving in the next 2-3 weeks (hopefully). It’s not all sad, as my wife has a ‘17 WRX that I can take out should I miss rowing the gears.
I just gave my COBB Stage II WRX (2004) to my son. I loved that car like a child. I think I may forget about it once I drive my M3LR. :)

Reactions: c00sebookpro
That is incorrect. All cars manufactured in Q4 2020 were 2021 model years; the VIN number's 10th digit is the year. We will likely see the same this Q4.

L = 2020. M = 2021. N = 2022.
I think what CoastieM3 meant was that Tesla don't make updates each year like other manufacturers do. It's true that there's going to be a Model 3 with a 2022 model year. But since they just refreshed the Model 3 for 2021, no one is expecting any changes that will make us wish we had waited for 2022.

That is incorrect. All cars manufactured in Q4 2020 were 2021 model years; the VIN number's 10th digit is the year. We will likely see the same this Q4.

L = 2020. M = 2021. N = 2022.

yes you’re technically correct. I took the OP to mean that’s he’s waiting for a 2022 because there might be new features with a “2022”. Like a traditional automaker.

You must be a blast at parties.

Delivery day #2… has been delayed to tomorrow.

I talked with one of the reps at the Tyco center. They’re extremely confident about the car being exactly the same as if it came from the factory. He was explaining part of the process they perform and how that QC mirrors the factory (I didn’t get into some of the poor factory QC of the past, not my place to do so). Everything identified will be addressed and they’re doing another spot check

So I’m scheduled for tomorrow pickup. They also will be able to take care of the tags then. I should be set.

Cautiously optimistic!

I think what CoastieM3 meant was that Tesla don't make updates each year like other manufacturers do. It's true that there's going to be a Model 3 with a 2022 model year. But since they just refreshed the Model 3 for 2021, no one is expecting any changes that will make us wish we had waited for 2022.
yes you’re technically correct. I took the OP to mean that’s he’s waiting for a 2022 because there might be new features with a “2022”. Like a traditional automaker.

You must be a blast at parties.
Tesla made huge changes from the 2020 to 2021 model year in Q4 2020 so the idea that they don't or won't make changes between model years is wrong. They might not make huge changes this go round but it is absolutely a valid concern there could be changes starting in October for the 2022 model year. In fact there probably will be at least some changes (likely a range increase for sure). Whether it is worth waiting for is all speculation and up to the individual person to decide.

Also no need to get chippy bc you got called out for providing wrong info as it happens all the time. I've gotten corrected many times myself.

Wonder if on days the edd doesn’t move, it’s a sign of some kind of halt in the factory or if it’s just a technical issue.
I think we speculate alot of things, based on no actual data. We would need to find an actual tesla employee to figure that out. In my opinion, i like that my date doesnt move. In all likely hood, a moving date moves further right, so stationary dates are better than right moving dates.