Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Doug03 If/when I hear back from them, I'll post here so others in NJ can see as well. That was my understanding as well re: Tesla handling it.
@trilly - I just uploaded my insurance info and saw in the completed tasks section that my amount due has decreased by exactly $2,000. I assume that's the Charge Up rebate. I was hoping that the discount would be taken off the total price of the car (lowering my monthly payment) rather than the amount due at signing. But oh well, it shouldn't be too hard to call up the bank and tell them I want to give them more money.

Reactions: trilly and moyism
Boom! I have a VIN. Delivery date: August 30 - September 05

And no squirrel. Sharks work also!
And I just took this one out of the cellar and into the fridge. Another when I get the car.
Dark-Star.png

Tesla made huge changes from the 2020 to 2021 model year in Q4 2020 so the idea that they don't or won't make changes between model years is wrong. They might not make huge changes this go round but it is absolutely a valid concern there could be changes starting in October for the 2022 model year. In fact there probably will be at least some changes (likely a range increase for sure). Whether it is worth waiting for is all speculation and up to the individual person to decide.

Also no need to get chippy bc you got called out for providing wrong info as it happens all the time. I've gotten corrected many times myself.
I’d hardly say I’m “wrong”. Just a different interpretation of how Tesla handles model years. The OP said he might wait for the 2022 model year because changes might happen. This is unlikely to occur.

So I got my VIN yesterday with an EDD of 18-23, but only the “finish payment” email and no “delivery email. I text my SA non existent SA again hoping for a reply but as usual got nothing.

As of today my delivery is now 19-22, which seems insanely soon for not having had any contact 😕
I havent gotten the final payment option yet either, or an email at all for that matter.

Reactions: Conejo