Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just ordered my M3LR (woohoo) but I just had some questions about completing the profile and if that helps in any way.

My current insurance is set to expire in a month(6 month plan), but I live in a state where insurance can be posted early. Although it says that the posted insurance should not expire in 60-90 days should I still post my current insurance, or just hold off until the start of the next plan?
My EDD didn't change from "November" to "Sept 10-30" until after I uploaded all prerequisite documentation (insurance, etc.), applied for loan approval, etc. Now it's "Sept 16-30". Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I get a VIN!

So delivery is scheduled for 5pm tomorrow! The wait since my VIN was assigned last Wednesday has been agony, but I will soon have it 🙏 (barring any insane problems that I would have to refuse delivery for)

Ordered LR AWD Model 3 in blue/black 18” Aeros with no FSD on June 20th
EDD jumped all over the place before finally narrowing the last 2 weeks
VIN assigned Wednesday, August 18th and delivery text/email on Friday 20th.
Delivery is set for tomorrow afternoon, and less than 24 hours later it goes in for ppf/tint 🥲
hey i was at the supercharger there on saturday and i saw your car i think based on your spec!

Reactions: Conejo
Picked up my car yesterday. The experience was as seamless as it could possibly be. I wish I had more information to give, but it was just so simple there's nothing to share really!

Pulled up to the delivery center, found my car, inspected it, accepted delivery online, opened the car, signed documents, gave them to an employee inside who gave me two! small red replica Model 3's, and drove off. I had a ~125 mile drive home and it took autopilot ~10 minutes to calibrate. After that, the drive was incredible and everything I thought it would be.

Thinking of naming it TARS, what do you all think?

View attachment 699926
View attachment 699927

View attachment 699928
Congratulations on your new Tesla! I like the MSM/White combination. Drive your car in good health and enjoy every mile!

PS I’d name your car Celia.

Reactions: mdude
Private party is the best you can do. It is the most work though.
I was down to the wire on my 2014 Nissan Maxima - highest offer I got was Carvana and it was the amount I wanted (to pay off my loan) BUT I was going to have to drive it to Portland (nearest Carvana hub to me - they claim all through the process that someone will come pick up the car - you find out at the very end that isn't the case as I live in North Idaho) which is about a 6 hour drive. I work for an airline so was going to drive it there Saturday and fly back - Thursday I got interest from my Facebook ad and it was sold on Friday (for the Carvana price) YAY no drive to Portland! The process was super easy too because it was 2 credit unions we were dealing with - I was able to do everything online and the buyer was super excited to get it all done so quickly (young kid was moving his girlfriend to Arizona for college the day after he bought the car). Also canceled my extended warranty that was 5 years and only 2 years in - so should get some $$$ back from that too - although I don't know how long it will take. My Son is a car salesman so his service center will give me a discount to do PPF and Ceramic on my car (if I ever get it!) and I'm hoping the warranty $$ will be just about what the PPF and ceramic is going to cost.

Reactions: hsinclair
Do you guys upload your insurance doc before receiving your VIN? This whole time I've been waiting for my VIN to add it to my insurance policy. Could it be that by not uploading something before receiving my VIN is casuing a delay?

Waited til I had VIN. It shouldn't affect delivery plus at least on Tesla's site, they said ideally they want the insurance policy with the VIN on it (unless you're in one of the few states that don't require it).

Reactions: thinktwice
Do you guys upload your insurance doc before receiving your VIN? This whole time I've been waiting for my VIN to add it to my insurance policy. Could it be that by not uploading something before receiving my VIN is casuing a delay?
I'm also in Texas and Tesla told me the insurance won't have any impact on delivery. A lot of states require the actual Tesla VIN on the policy, which you obviously wouldn't have yet.

Reactions: thinktwice
I've just ordered my M3LR (woohoo) but I just had some questions about completing the profile and if that helps in any way.

My current insurance is set to expire in a month(6 month plan), but I live in a state where insurance can be posted early. Although it says that the posted insurance should not expire in 60-90 days should I still post my current insurance, or just hold off until the start of the next plan?
Just going from my experience. I called the local SC and the person I spoke with told me to upload my current insurance card. An hour later, I got an updated EDD