Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's crazy how different everyone's experience has been with the Tesla ordering process. So I placed my M3 LR AWD Black/Black, 19" wheels order on 8/2. Approved financing through Tesla (Wells Fargo), no trade. From the very beginning my EDD was 9/8 - 9/30. About a week later it updated to 9/1 - 9/21 and stayed that way ever since yesterday. Yesterday I decided to upload my existing proof of insurance policy that lists my wife's vehicle without the M3 since I hadn't yet received my VIN. Then voilaaaa... logged in this morning and have my VIN! EDD updated to 9/1 - 9/7. There's clearly something to uploading proof of insurance.
I remember doing this for my Model Y when I purchased it, but it was because my SA at the time asked me to. So far I haven't been contacted by anyone and am wondering if I should do this or not.

It's crazy how different everyone's experience has been with the Tesla ordering process. So I placed my M3 LR AWD Black/Black, 19" wheels order on 8/2. Approved financing through Tesla (Wells Fargo), no trade. From the very beginning my EDD was 9/8 - 9/30. About a week later it updated to 9/1 - 9/21 and stayed that way ever since yesterday. Yesterday I decided to upload my existing proof of insurance policy that lists my wife's vehicle without the M3 since I hadn't yet received my VIN. Then voilaaaa... logged in this morning and have my VIN! EDD updated to 9/1 - 9/7. There's clearly something to uploading proof of insurance.
Not so sure about that one. I uploaded my insurance a few days ago and still nothing. I truly think it may be random and based on the configuration.

I remember doing this for my Model Y when I purchased it, but it was because my SA at the time asked me to. So far I haven't been contacted by anyone and am wondering if I should do this or not.
I uploaded proof of insurance but it expires on 9/30/21. Got my new card that picks up the insurance on 9/30/21 into 2022. Might upload a pic of them both side by side when I get home tonight, demonstrating I got continued coverage lol

EDD has been all over the place, but has been 8/24 - 9/5 for the past few days now. with no VIN assigned yet, i think it's safe to say i'm not getting it today lol. really hoping for a VIN this week.

original order date for my blue/black + sport wheels was 7/7, reconfigured the wheels to aero maybe a week and a half later.

It looks like a bunch of VINs are coming in

7/23 order. MSM 19” sport black no FSD. Edd was 9/8 - 9/28 until 30 min ago when I got my vin. Now says 8/24-8/27. Chicago area. I’ll let you guys know when I get a text and schedule my appointment to pick her up.

Attachments

• 8D7F0A34-BCE1-4FE4-8670-CFC46E1D6D6C.jpeg
    8D7F0A34-BCE1-4FE4-8670-CFC46E1D6D6C.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 85

7/27 order. MSM 19” sport black no FSD. Edd was 9/8 - 9/28 until 30 min ago when I got my vin. Now says 8/24-8/27. Chicago area. I’ll let you guys know when I get a text and schedule my appointment to pick her up.
This is great, do you get an email when a VIN gets assigned? I switched from black interiors to white last week but my EDD is still the same. 8/31 to 9/15. Same Chicago area MSM 19" sports no FSD. Order date 7/18

This is great, do you get an email when a VIN gets assigned? I switched from black interiors to white last week but my EDD is still the same. 8/31 to 9/15. Same Chicago area MSM 19" sports no FSD. Order date 7/18
I did not get an email, I just check it every few hours. The screen looked different and I saw that the vin had been put in and the dates swung up considerably!

Reactions: RedDragon8000
Here’s an interesting situation:

Currently AD military in TX. My home of record is SC. I want to register in SC with a delivery in TX.

I was told by SAs on the phone about how “ohhhh it’s impossible and can’t be done” and of course the usual “we will email you when I reach out to a manager” which they never did. I went to the store and they told me that as long as I have a temporary plate from SC that we would be good to go!

My registrant address on my account is SC, but I confirmed my delivery is in TX. Ordered 7/30 and have an EDD of 9/11-9/30. Nothing updated since 8/7.
Specs are Red/Black with 18” wheels, no FSD
I have a coworker (also Active Duty military) who tried to do this in California. He wanted to register it in TN, I think. The car showed up in CA with a one-way temp tag to drive to TN for registration. He ended up figuring out something involving his parents but he could not drive the car for a month. It was quite the ordeal.

Could be California but just a heads up. I’m registering it here and will change it to Florida if I PCS across the country. FL is my residency state for tax purposes.

Anyone else in socal in my boat? 7/7 order, everything done on same day. LRAWD, aero, white/black interior, showing 8/23-9/12 for the last week without any updates. No SA either.
Pretty much same for me; SA said the vast majority of the CA orders will be in the last three weeks of the quarter. I’m guessing September 10 for my 7/5 LR/red/white/aeros/noFSD order, EDD has been Aug 25-Sept 14 for over two weeks straight.

7/23 order. MSM 19” sport black no FSD. Edd was 9/8 - 9/28 until 30 min ago when I got my vin. Now says 8/24-8/27. Chicago area. I’ll let you guys know when I get a text and schedule my appointment to pick her up.
Congratulations. Ordered on the same day as you so this is encouraging. Even if I don't get a VIN today, I'll drink to you 🍷

I have a coworker (also Active Duty military) who tried to do this in California. He wanted to register it in TN, I think. The car showed up in CA with a one-way temp tag to drive to TN for registration. He ended up figuring out something involving his parents but he could not drive the car for a month. It was quite the ordeal.

Could be California but just a heads up. I’m registering it here and will change it to Florida if I PCS across the country. FL is my residency state for tax purposes.
Thanks for the info. As soon as I get the VIN, I’m having my parents apply for a temp tag and having it shipped to me so I can swap just swap them out. Hopefully it’ll work that easy, but knowing Tesla so far…

Reactions: rlich87
I haven't received my vin yet, and I was thinking about making some changes. Currently have white on white, but I'm debating switching to black or blue on black. I ordered on July 16th, before the price increase. Would that mean if I made any changes now, I would have to pay the higher updated price? I was also considering holding off my order until I can get a 2022 VIN, but would that also change my price to the current price?

Status
Not open for further replies.