Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's crazy how different everyone's experience has been with the Tesla ordering process. So I placed my M3 LR AWD Black/Black, 19" wheels order on 8/2. Approved financing through Tesla (Wells Fargo), no trade. From the very beginning my EDD was 9/8 - 9/30. About a week later it updated to 9/1 - 9/21 and stayed that way ever since yesterday. Yesterday I decided to upload my existing proof of insurance policy that lists my wife's vehicle without the M3 since I hadn't yet received my VIN. Then voilaaaa... logged in this morning and have my VIN! EDD updated to 9/1 - 9/7. There's clearly something to uploading proof of insurance.
I remember doing this for my Model Y when I purchased it, but it was because my SA at the time asked me to. So far I haven't been contacted by anyone and am wondering if I should do this or not.

It's crazy how different everyone's experience has been with the Tesla ordering process. So I placed my M3 LR AWD Black/Black, 19" wheels order on 8/2. Approved financing through Tesla (Wells Fargo), no trade. From the very beginning my EDD was 9/8 - 9/30. About a week later it updated to 9/1 - 9/21 and stayed that way ever since yesterday. Yesterday I decided to upload my existing proof of insurance policy that lists my wife's vehicle without the M3 since I hadn't yet received my VIN. Then voilaaaa... logged in this morning and have my VIN! EDD updated to 9/1 - 9/7. There's clearly something to uploading proof of insurance.
Not so sure about that one. I uploaded my insurance a few days ago and still nothing. I truly think it may be random and based on the configuration.

I remember doing this for my Model Y when I purchased it, but it was because my SA at the time asked me to. So far I haven't been contacted by anyone and am wondering if I should do this or not.
I uploaded proof of insurance but it expires on 9/30/21. Got my new card that picks up the insurance on 9/30/21 into 2022. Might upload a pic of them both side by side when I get home tonight, demonstrating I got continued coverage lol

EDD has been all over the place, but has been 8/24 - 9/5 for the past few days now. with no VIN assigned yet, i think it's safe to say i'm not getting it today lol. really hoping for a VIN this week.

original order date for my blue/black + sport wheels was 7/7, reconfigured the wheels to aero maybe a week and a half later.

It looks like a bunch of VINs are coming in

7/23 order. MSM 19” sport black no FSD. Edd was 9/8 - 9/28 until 30 min ago when I got my vin. Now says 8/24-8/27. Chicago area. I’ll let you guys know when I get a text and schedule my appointment to pick her up.

Attachments

• 8D7F0A34-BCE1-4FE4-8670-CFC46E1D6D6C.jpeg
    8D7F0A34-BCE1-4FE4-8670-CFC46E1D6D6C.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 79

7/27 order. MSM 19” sport black no FSD. Edd was 9/8 - 9/28 until 30 min ago when I got my vin. Now says 8/24-8/27. Chicago area. I’ll let you guys know when I get a text and schedule my appointment to pick her up.
This is great, do you get an email when a VIN gets assigned? I switched from black interiors to white last week but my EDD is still the same. 8/31 to 9/15. Same Chicago area MSM 19" sports no FSD. Order date 7/18

This is great, do you get an email when a VIN gets assigned? I switched from black interiors to white last week but my EDD is still the same. 8/31 to 9/15. Same Chicago area MSM 19" sports no FSD. Order date 7/18
I did not get an email, I just check it every few hours. The screen looked different and I saw that the vin had been put in and the dates swung up considerably!

Reactions: RedDragon8000
Here’s an interesting situation:

Currently AD military in TX. My home of record is SC. I want to register in SC with a delivery in TX.

I was told by SAs on the phone about how “ohhhh it’s impossible and can’t be done” and of course the usual “we will email you when I reach out to a manager” which they never did. I went to the store and they told me that as long as I have a temporary plate from SC that we would be good to go!

My registrant address on my account is SC, but I confirmed my delivery is in TX. Ordered 7/30 and have an EDD of 9/11-9/30. Nothing updated since 8/7.
Specs are Red/Black with 18” wheels, no FSD
I have a coworker (also Active Duty military) who tried to do this in California. He wanted to register it in TN, I think. The car showed up in CA with a one-way temp tag to drive to TN for registration. He ended up figuring out something involving his parents but he could not drive the car for a month. It was quite the ordeal.

Could be California but just a heads up. I’m registering it here and will change it to Florida if I PCS across the country. FL is my residency state for tax purposes.

Anyone else in socal in my boat? 7/7 order, everything done on same day. LRAWD, aero, white/black interior, showing 8/23-9/12 for the last week without any updates. No SA either.
Pretty much same for me; SA said the vast majority of the CA orders will be in the last three weeks of the quarter. I’m guessing September 10 for my 7/5 LR/red/white/aeros/noFSD order, EDD has been Aug 25-Sept 14 for over two weeks straight.

7/23 order. MSM 19” sport black no FSD. Edd was 9/8 - 9/28 until 30 min ago when I got my vin. Now says 8/24-8/27. Chicago area. I’ll let you guys know when I get a text and schedule my appointment to pick her up.
Congratulations. Ordered on the same day as you so this is encouraging. Even if I don't get a VIN today, I'll drink to you 🍷

I have a coworker (also Active Duty military) who tried to do this in California. He wanted to register it in TN, I think. The car showed up in CA with a one-way temp tag to drive to TN for registration. He ended up figuring out something involving his parents but he could not drive the car for a month. It was quite the ordeal.

Could be California but just a heads up. I’m registering it here and will change it to Florida if I PCS across the country. FL is my residency state for tax purposes.
Thanks for the info. As soon as I get the VIN, I’m having my parents apply for a temp tag and having it shipped to me so I can swap just swap them out. Hopefully it’ll work that easy, but knowing Tesla so far…

Reactions: rlich87
I haven't received my vin yet, and I was thinking about making some changes. Currently have white on white, but I'm debating switching to black or blue on black. I ordered on July 16th, before the price increase. Would that mean if I made any changes now, I would have to pay the higher updated price? I was also considering holding off my order until I can get a 2022 VIN, but would that also change my price to the current price?