Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery Update: I noticed in my source code the EDD shrank to Aug 25th to Aug 29th whereas it was a 6 day window prior. My original ETA was for the car to arrive Aug 28th/29th. I reached out to my SA confirming next Weds was still a go and if he had any updates on when car is due in. He replied "The truck is scheduled to be here Thursday with a Friday Inspection/Detail." Offered to schedule me for Saturday if that works. Of course it does!

I did ask that he reach out to me once he gets eyes on the car on Thursday and that everything looks ok. New Scheduled Delivery Date is Saturday, August 28th. I'll take it!

This are looking great on my end so far. Got the email this morning to schedule delivery! (finally after getting my VIN on Aug 18). Got it set up for Sept 1st. I do have a few questions about my account that I'm hoping folks here could help me with.

I know some folks said they were scheduled for home delivery even though they didn't ask for it and had to talk to their service center to get it changed to pick up. Based on my delivery appointment below, am I good to go for pick up at the service center?

share.png

My next question was about my MVPA in the document list. I had payment set as cash right until I received my my VIN. At that point, the "Delivery Configuration" and "MVPA" appeared in the document list and I could download them. I was even given the option to pay my full balance right then and there.

However, I had my order changed to financing shortly after. I filled out the application, got my approval in minutes, done and done. After that, though, the MVPA would just show an error that it couldn't load the PDF. I assumed it needed to be re-done because now has to reflect financing terms as well.

Fast forward to today, as soon as I scheduled my delivery, the option to pay off my remaining balance re-appeared, and two more documents appeared: the "Lending Agreement" and "Credit Application". Both accessible right away. However, the MVPA document still continues to give me an error. Should I be concerned or will that eventually be fixed before delivery? (my review agreements button remains greyed out, supposedly until 24 hours before delivery).

Needless to say, so stoked!! My first ever EV/Tesla. It's going to be a very long 8 days.

Reactions: GasWho
How accurate is the EDD after receiving a VIN?
Everyone is different. For mine, I logged into my account this morning, saw there was a VIN, and a second later the page refreshed itself and moved it up to today through the 27th of this month. Yesterday, I didn't have a VIN and my delivery said 9/8 thru 28. I pick my car up Thursday.

Last edited:
Reactions: MagicMidnight
This are looking great on my end so far. Got the email this morning to schedule delivery! (finally after getting my VIN on Aug 18). Got it set up for Sept 1st. I do have a few questions about my account that I'm hoping folks here could help me with.

I know some folks said they were scheduled for home delivery even though they didn't ask for it and had to talk to their service center to get it changed to pick up. Based on my delivery appointment below, am I good to go for pick up at the service center?

View attachment 701022

My next question was about my MVPA in the document list. I had payment set as cash right until I received my my VIN. At that point, the "Delivery Configuration" and "MVPA" appeared in the document list and I could download them. I was even given the option to pay my full balance right then and there.

However, I had my order changed to financing shortly after. I filled out the application, got my approval in minutes, done and done. After that, though, the MVPA would just show an error that it couldn't load the PDF. I assumed it needed to be re-done because now has to reflect financing terms as well.

Fast forward to today, as soon as I scheduled my delivery, the option to pay off my remaining balance re-appeared, and two more documents appeared: the "Lending Agreement" and "Credit Application". Both accessible right away. However, the MVPA document still continues to give me an error. Should I be concerned or will that eventually be fixed before delivery? (my review agreements button remains greyed out, supposedly until 24 hours before delivery).

Needless to say, so stoked!! My first ever EV/Tesla. It's going to be a very long 8 days.
My MVPA did the very same thing once I switched over to Finance from Cash. I did however save the PDF prior to it disappearing but my SA said it's normal and once it's under finance, that technically goes to the bank and that's the reason why we aren't able to view anymore. I think it's normal and nothing to worry about. We'll most likely get a final breakdown at delivery.

Reactions: Schmozy
Delivery Update: I noticed in my source code the EDD shrank to Aug 25th to Aug 29th whereas it was a 6 day window prior. My original ETA was for the car to arrive Aug 28th/29th. I reached out to my SA confirming next Weds was still a go and if he had any updates on when car is due in. He replied "The truck is scheduled to be here Thursday with a Friday Inspection/Detail." Offered to schedule me for Saturday if that works. Of course it does!

I did ask that he reach out to me once he gets eyes on the car on Thursday and that everything looks ok. New Scheduled Delivery Date is Saturday, August 28th. I'll take it!
Dang, congrats! I called today and looks like my car is in transit and should be arriving in line with current pickup date. Hopefully that stays!

Reactions: ramsecon04
It looks like a bunch of VINs are coming in

7/23 order. MSM 19” sport black no FSD. Edd was 9/8 - 9/28 until 30 min ago when I got my vin. Now says 8/24-8/27. Chicago area. I’ll let you guys know when I get a text and schedule my appointment to pick her up.

Youch. You ordered 3 days before I did and have almost the same specs (I went Aero instead of 19"). I'm still at a 12 day window (Sep 4-16), so I will keep holding onto hope for a VIN this week.

On a semi-related note, has anyone had any experience with carrier delivery? The absolute nearest gallery location is ~230 miles (and 2 states) away, and my selected delivery location is ~350 miles away. Not sure if I want to wrangle two cars to go get my 3, take a 1-way plane ticket (pretty cheap, all things considered), or pay for carrier delivery.

Reactions: ss71
Youch. You ordered 3 days before I did and have almost the same specs (I went Aero instead of 19"). I'm still at a 12 day window (Sep 4-16), so I will keep holding onto hope for a VIN this week.

On a semi-related note, has anyone had any experience with carrier delivery? The absolute nearest gallery location is ~230 miles (and 2 states) away, and my selected delivery location is ~350 miles away. Not sure if I want to wrangle two cars to go get my 3, take a 1-way plane ticket (pretty cheap, all things considered), or pay for carrier delivery.
Fly out and have a blast driving your 3 back, assuming you can hit a supercharger on your way home

Fly out and have a blast driving your 3 back, assuming you can hit a supercharger on your way home
Plenty of superchargers on the way back since it's basically all interstate. The concept of flying out and driving it home is a fun one.

BUT... My main concern about flying is last minute changes to pickup shceduling combined with getting there and something is wrong with the car, and I can't take it. In that case, I assume my options are pay for another airline ticket home (plus one to come back later, potentially) or ask my wife to drive 5 hours to come get me.
Last minute changes (at least until I get on the plane) can be somewhat mitigated by paying a little extra for a refundable ticket or at least to make sure I can transfer it to a later flight, but the idea getting stuck in Jacksonville really concerns me.

I'm in SoCal as well. My timeline is similar to yours. I have an order from week of 6/27 for gray ext/black int M3 LR AWD. My profile was complete in two weeks. My current EDD is 8/25-9/14. I did get an autotext yesterday estimating delivery early to mid September. I hope this helps!
I am in the So Cal area. Ordered on 7/14. My app doesn't show anything yet. Where are you seeing your edd? App or online tesla page

Took delivery one day early. Went to the Devon center for pick up. Cory met me outside as I walked towards the entrance. Walked me to my car and was immediately blown away. Car was almost perfect. Gaps were excellent, everything was lined up nicely. Only a few minor paint blemishes which they will take care of. Spent about 40 minutes using the Tesla delivery app which made things orderly and efficient. Great app to keep you focused on the task at hand. Thanks to everyone on this forum. Wishing the best for all of you.
IMG_20210824_180152576_2 (1).jpg
IMG_20210824_180207700.jpg
IMG_20210824_180158791_2.jpg

My MVPA did the very same thing once I switched over to Finance from Cash. I did however save the PDF prior to it disappearing but my SA said it's normal and once it's under finance, that technically goes to the bank and that's the reason why we aren't able to view anymore. I think it's normal and nothing to worry about. We'll most likely get a final breakdown at delivery.

Thanks for the info! Good to know it ain't just me. Definitely a huge relief.

I was worried something got wonky in the system and was going to hold up my delivery until I reached out to someone to fix it.

And now we're in the home stretch.... 7 days and 12 hours to go! Part of me still can't believe I made it this far.