Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow I ordered mine on Monday as well. My EDD is almost 2 months later 11/2-12/2. East coast. Maybe the color? Blue with black interior.
Mine was November when I ordered on 8/12 and the next day it was 9/5-9/25, where it has been sitting since then.

They usually do deliveries towards the later half of each quarter. My guess is they have used all the predicted available inventory for Q3 and you will get Q4 inventory which will likely be a 2022 model year.

• Disagree
Reactions: cdswm3
Anyone with a white interior get a VIN/delivery? Waiting on a blue/white for a while now
Nope. Ordered 6/25, finalized everything on my profile the last week of July and for ONE DAY in early August I had an EDD of August 30th-Sept 19th. The next day that changed to November where it has remained ever since.

At this point I'm starting to get a little antsy with waiting and I'm contemplating upgrading to a performance model since those are delivering within a few weeks based on the other thread. Problem is I really don't want to spend the extra ~$9.5k on a performance model ($7k price difference and not eligible for $2.5k MA state rebate). Having to wait until November might push me over the edge though.

Nope. Ordered 6/25, finalized everything on my profile the last week of July and for ONE DAY in early August I had an EDD of August 30th-Sept 19th. The next day that changed to November where it has remained ever since.

At this point I'm starting to get a little antsy with waiting and I'm contemplating upgrading to a performance model since those are delivering within a few weeks based on the other thread. Problem is I really don't want to spend the extra ~$9.5k on a performance model ($7k price difference and not eligible for $2.5k MA state rebate). Having to wait until November might push me over the edge though.
I would have bought a performance, but live in Pittsburgh and don't want the hassle of having to buy a second set of wheels and tires just for winter driving.

Reactions: mrc73 and ss71
Ladies, Gents, squirrels and sharks I'm pleased to say I'm now a proud owner of a Model 3 :D

Basically had contactless pickup at the Springfield NJ location and my car was in the front of the "line" of all the cars getting picked up this morning. Saw no major issues and forgot how much fun it is to drive the darn thing! First time I had human contact with a Tesla employee was to drop off the paperwork and had a bit of joking going around with him and another new owner that was front of me; great way to end my experience with getting the car.
Congrats! How full/busy was the Springfield location? Also, how long did you have to wait after VIN to get the text to schedule delivery?

I would have bought a performance, but live in Pittsburgh and don't want the hassle of having to buy a second set of wheels and tires just for winter driving.
I'm in the Boston area and don't want the performance for similar reasons (in addition to the extra cost). Not to mention I already have a set a of 18" winter tires that I used on my old dual motor and which won't fit on the performance 3. So I'd have to buy a new set of winters and sell the ones I have now... overall would be quite the hassle.

Haha I’m having the same thoughts. The performance jump is steep enough that it’s holding me back.. I waited 17weeks already so what’s another few.. that white interior better be worth it!

Reactions: bd7349
My pickup window shifted to today through Sunday earlier this morning. Then got the message to set the delivery day/time but only day available is Monday the 30th. Checked with my advisor and others at Tesla and even though my car is there and should be ready, they are too full with other pickups to get me in on Saturday. So, I'll get a ride to the train station in Milwaukee noon on Monday, take the train down to near the Tesla location in Highland Park and uber/lyft to Tesla. This is all really dumb and I can't forget a big, sarcastic THANK YOU to the State of Wisconsin for having a ridiculous law outlawing manufacturer direct auto sales in this state. Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!
That said, it's hopefully only a minor inconvenience and I'm still hyped to get the car very soon!
My SA and Highland Park came through to make my pickup much easier and earlier. 5pm tomorrow, LFG!!

Haha I’m having the same thoughts. The performance jump is steep enough that it’s holding me back.. I waited 17weeks already so what’s another few.. that white interior better be worth it!
Seriously, the white interior better be amazing! And to make the wait even harder a white performance Model 3 with black interior just appeared in inventory ready for delivery... so close to hitting that buy button lol. Just keep reminding myself that the thing I really want is the Cybertruck next year, so it doesn't make sense to splurge on a performance 3.

Reactions: mamba516
Damn! We should be on the same timeline. Hope that means I get mine soon as well!
I guess that didn't take long. Got mine just now!

1630088235101.png

Estimated Delivery: September 11 - September 13

How’s that song by Tom Petty go….”The Waiting is the hardest part”…..

Is it wrong that I’ve checked the website four times, fully knowing I’ll get a text and/or email when the magic actually happens?
Funny you say that because I haven't gotten any email/text yet but the *magic* happened

Congrats! How full/busy was the Springfield location? Also, how long did you have to wait after VIN to get the text to schedule delivery?
Looked pretty busy in terms of the lot being full and them lining up cars to take for delivery. I would say they had space for 7 or so cars where they line up for delivery, but I assume more will be in line as folks pick up. Otherwise it wasn't busy person wise as only ran into like 1-2 owners and 1-2 employees. There were like 2+ other ppl inspecting their cars to take delivery as I left.

As for your other question, I had about a 4 day wait from VIN to scheduling delivery.

Ordered on 7/23 and yesterday I was seeing EDD 9/4-9/16. This morning I got my VIN and EDD is now 8/30-9/4. Haven't spoke to anyone from Tesla yet but I've heard that some people in Delaware take delivery in Devon, PA and some in Cherry Hill, NJ. I got the basic vanilla M3LR: Pearl white, black interior, aero wheels, no FSD. It's happening!
Called the Cherry Hill location to ask about trade in and they ended up scheduling the delivery appointment. The car will arrive on Sept 1 with the earliest possible delivery on the 2nd. Unfortunately I can't free myself from work obligations until Saturday the 4th. Delivery appointment is now scheduled. Things moved really quickly once I got the VIN.