Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a week into my wait which started with my OD of 08/23. It’s only 8:10 AM and I’ve checked 3x already today, knowing I’m probably still a few weeks away from the magic. EDD has been a constant of 09/19-09/30.

Currently driving a 19 Infiniti Q50 AWD sport. You’d think I’d be ok with that, right? I mean, 0-60 in 5.2 is pretty good, right?
Same boat as you with EDD and everything. I did this same thing last year with my MY and am also refreshing constantly throughout the day. You'd think I'd have learned from last time, but I'm very impatient.

Looks like they are trying to meet some quarterly goals. I just changed from SR+ to LR on Saturday and have an EDD of Sept 12-22. That is way sooner than I thought, so I might (not sure yet) have to push it back and not take delivery of this one and wait until Q4. Let's see if I can pull off some magic financial math in the meantime. :D

Reactions: Vincent T
Looks like they are trying to meet some quarterly goals. I just changed from SR+ to LR on Saturday and have an EDD of Sept 12-22. That is way sooner than I thought, so I might (not sure yet) have to push it back and not take delivery of this one and wait until Q4. Let's see if I can pull off some magic financial math in the meantime. :D
Yea, I think you should push back and give me your earlier EDD….

Anybody in California hit the front of their EDD without a VIN? My window starts tomorrow and still no VIN. Window has remained 20 days long for about 2 weeks now. No changes either direction.

OD: 7/11
EDD: Currently 9/1 to 9/18. The window changed today after hitting the front end yesterday (was 8/29 to 9/18). This is the 3rd time changing after hitting the front window.

It does look like July order for CA people are starting to be filled. Fingers crossed that the EDD window is accurate and will see VIN assignment within the next 10 days or so.

Reactions: CoastieM3
We are all feeling your pain. I think it's completely inexcusable and unacceptable to have that happen. At least you do have a long-term test drive car that hopefully makes things slightly more bearable, but still.

Have you thought of going the executive complaint route? You should write to tell your story. Hopefully someone will make things right. I don't know if Elon Musk is one of those CEOs that personally replies to email, but there's no harm in trying him or someone in his team.

If I remember correctly, you said your car had been left in the sun and lost full charge. Electronics get degraded with heat, and I would worry that some of the systems had some damage. The thing with heat degradation is that the circuits will continue to work OK, except they'll be more likely to fail. You might have sporadic issues here and there, but in the long run, your car's components may end up lasting 10 years instead of 20 or more. I would want to find out the full story about the loss of power, how long it lasted, where the car was when this happened, for how long, etc. And then either get a new one, or have them extend your warranty to cover for potential degradation.

Good luck, I don't think I'm alone in wishing this ordeal ends pretty soon for you.
Thanks for the sympathy. I am hoping that I will see history of charging etc in the app? I really am not sure of the true story of this delivery - have been told so many things. As of this morning they say the car is in Spokane and charged to 85%. I have an appointment on Wednesday at 5 to pick it up. We will see......