Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my 2021 Model 3 Long Range in Midnight Silver Metallic with 19" wheels Thursday evening. To say this whole process was easy other than waiting a few weeks was an understatement. Greatest car I’ve ever owned hands down by a wide margin. Great quality and panel fitment. It allows me to enjoy driving in the ways I want and helps avoid the worst parts of driving that cause frustration. I love my Model 3 as much as I love my house. Thanks to all for the moral support and vindication of this forum while waiting. Its a once in a lifetime experience to do this. It’s worth it. I’m very grateful.

Attachments

• BA23F61A-3CD5-432F-98B6-3E1EA6FA1296.jpeg
    BA23F61A-3CD5-432F-98B6-3E1EA6FA1296.jpeg
    597.4 KB · Views: 72
Haha I’m having the same thoughts. The performance jump is steep enough that it’s holding me back.. I waited 17weeks already so what’s another few.. that white interior better be worth it!
Just saw your latest post about you getting your vision update and VIN, so I figured what the heck and checked mine (there was no update to it yesterday morning when I looked). Imagine my surprise when I see the vision agreement is there and now a VIN! Super excited and can’t wait to have a car again… it’s been a long 3 months without one.

So far it's the same EDD as the SR+ (Oct 28-Nov 17), but I'm sure that will change this week. Before I made the change, my SA said the date in the system was Nov 3. My SR+ order date was Aug 8... I'm guessing that doesn't matter anymore.
yeah a few SR+ have popped up around me with the new battery in stock but after already waiting 4 weeks i am better riding it out and i heard the new batteries they are putting on the SR+ dont charge well in the cold, i ate $100 already switching from a performance to a M3LR just because i wanted the extra range at the end of the day

yeah a few SR+ have popped up around me with the new battery in stock but after already waiting 4 weeks i am better riding it out and i heard the new batteries they are putting on the SR+ dont charge well in the cold, i ate $100 already switching from a performance to a M3LR just because i wanted the extra range at the end of the day
How did you lose the $100 by switching? Mine transferred over.

How did you lose the $100 by switching? Mine transferred over.
i got buyer remorse honestly... thought i was spending too much and just cancelled my first order... gave it a thought for about 48 hours and decided the LR was the better fit for me... i was honestly unsure and still contemplating what i was going to get when i initially cancelled but now i am certain that this config is what i want and glad to be waiting it out

Reactions: Extant
Well I am excited for all of you getting your vins and cars. My saga continues. Delivery to Spokane was 8/6, 8/10, 8/13, 8/18, 8/20, 8/23, 8/26, 8/27 and 8/28. Yesterday I was told the truck was 200 miles from Spokane. My appointment was for 5:00 pm. At 3 I texted them to see if we were on for 5. Nope. This time - "the truck is on its last legs and is crawling". Why is my $50,000 car on a truck that is on its last legs? So they say 'we'll talk to you next week' I really just want to cancel and regroup at this point. I'll buy a gas car (cheap) and then maybe revisit next year or something - but my husband wants me to hang in there. I have taken time off work, sold my car, paying the loan and insurance on a car I don't have. And get told DAILY that the car will be here -
We are all feeling your pain. I think it's completely inexcusable and unacceptable to have that happen. At least you do have a long-term test drive car that hopefully makes things slightly more bearable, but still.

Have you thought of going the executive complaint route? You should write to tell your story. Hopefully someone will make things right. I don't know if Elon Musk is one of those CEOs that personally replies to email, but there's no harm in trying him or someone in his team.

If I remember correctly, you said your car had been left in the sun and lost full charge. Electronics get degraded with heat, and I would worry that some of the systems had some damage. The thing with heat degradation is that the circuits will continue to work OK, except they'll be more likely to fail. You might have sporadic issues here and there, but in the long run, your car's components may end up lasting 10 years instead of 20 or more. I would want to find out the full story about the loss of power, how long it lasted, where the car was when this happened, for how long, etc. And then either get a new one, or have them extend your warranty to cover for potential degradation.

Good luck, I don't think I'm alone in wishing this ordeal ends pretty soon for you.

Originally scheduled 08/30 18:00 CDT for delivery. Knew the car arrived in STL on Fri 08/27 and found her on the lot - manufactured 08/18, same day I got my VIN. Monday is supposed to pour rain/storm all day so called first thing Saturday upon store opening and asked if I could take delivery same-day. As everything was ready minus detailing, I received an updated 15:00 pick-up time. Email at 11:30 said it was ready and I officially accepted delivery at 13:33. All told, I first reserved pre-unveil 1979 days prior, but was unable to complete an order due to country-hopping for work. Finally was able to pull the trigger 06/10 and 80 grueling days later the wait is over.

Car looked great on walk-around. Panel gaps were mint. Some residue from the plastic wrap (probably due to rushed detailing) and recessed rear handles others have mentioned too (easy mobile service fix). Some oddities with the rubber around the driver's and right-rear doors but I probably am not going to worry about those. Lots of Plaids being delivered, but sadly nobody wanted to trade. Pic on delivery day and the final EDD timeline plot below. Good luck all.

1630179656549b.jpg

EDD_Tracker.png