Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't access my car manage page since a few minutues ago. It worked fine an hour ago and I'm able to access other webpage on Tesla. Does that mean something is happening with my order? I hope there is good news after several hrs.! Ordered 7/26. Location Bayarea no vin yet

How to reveal your Tesla VIN number before it’s in your account

That never worked for me. I did this several times a day every single day, include an hour before I actually got the VIN assigned. I'm pretty sure Tesla quickly squashed this bug in their code. When you have a VIN it displays proudly right above the "View Design Details" popup link. Before that, it was never in the source code.

Reactions: Extant
So, for everyone that has a VIN but not a scheduled delivery date yet, I recommend you call your local gallery (if you have one / picking up from one), and speak to an advisor. Before I called, I had a window of Sept 16 - 22nd. In talking to the gentleman on the phone, he was able to see that it was scheduled to get there on the 18th (Saturday), so the earliest I could have picked up would have been the 20th since the car is scheduled to arrive on the weekend and they need a week day to clean it up and make it ready for pickup. I opted for the 21st due to my work schedule on that Monday. Also, upon scheduling, the option to make the final payment popped up, and I could now review all of my finance agreement documents.

TLDR; A day or two after you get your VIN assigned, call your friendly local Tesla gallery and see if you can schedule your pickup. I'd still be looking at a EDD of Sept 16 - 22nd if I didn't!

Reactions: CJFulcrum
I got my VIN today!!!! OD: 8/18. Last Modification: 8/29. VIN : 9/9. FYI this is what you get after your account updates. EDD went from 9/13-9/30 to 9/15-9/30 to 9/18-9/30 to finally 9/20-9/26. Super excited!!!
Congrats! Thanks so much for showing us VIN-less what the Tesla Vision consent screen looks like. Hope one of those shows up on my phone soon.

Finally got my VIN number!!! EDD Sept 12-15.
Final payment complete and delivery is scheduled for Tuesday the 14th at 1 PM. I called to get an earlier appointment, they said the car is still going through the final phase of inspection. Once the inspection is complete, they may reach out with an earlier delivery date but he suggested I try and call tomorrow or the day after as well.

So, for everyone that has a VIN but not a scheduled delivery date yet, I recommend you call your local gallery (if you have one / picking up from one), and speak to an advisor. Before I called, I had a window of Sept 16 - 22nd. In talking to the gentleman on the phone, he was able to see that it was scheduled to get there on the 18th (Saturday), so the earliest I could have picked up would have been the 20th since the car is scheduled to arrive on the weekend and they need a week day to clean it up and make it ready for pickup. I opted for the 21st due to my work schedule on that Monday. Also, upon scheduling, the option to make the final payment popped up, and I could now review all of my finance agreement documents.

TLDR; A day or two after you get your VIN assigned, call your friendly local Tesla gallery and see if you can schedule your pickup. I'd still be looking at a EDD of Sept 16 - 22nd if I didn't!
I got my VIN on Tuesday and my delivery window is tomorrow, Sept 10 - Sunday, Sept 12. I haven't heard anything from Tesla about scheduling pick-up.

My husband has been saying I shouldn't call but after reading this I might go ahead and call, haha! I want my M3 already!

Any California people go with Tesla insurance? Have been reading it's cheaper than most other companies.
Tesla quoted me $1,000 for 6 months. I got a similar quote through my current insurance. It may be cheaper, but the coverage may also be less. (which was the case for me)

Edit: adjusted Tesla insurance policy and now it is nearly identical.

Last edited:

how did you get the number for your local dealer? I have a vin, but was never assigned an SA, calling the number listed just gets me the normal Tesla number not the delivery site.

how did you get the number for your local dealer? I have a vin, but was never assigned an SA, calling the number listed just gets me the normal Tesla number not the delivery site.
I just pulled up Google Maps and searched for tesla gallery, selected the closest (15 miles), called the local number associated with it, sat on hold for like 20-30 mins, then once I spoke to the advisor all of the magic happened :)

Reactions: hcdavis3
That never worked for me. I did this several times a day every single day, include an hour before I actually got the VIN assigned. I'm pretty sure Tesla quickly squashed this bug in their code. When you have a VIN it displays proudly right above the "View Design Details" popup link. Before that, it was never in the source code.
Good. I don’t need ANOTHER method of self torture….

• Funny
Reactions: Extant
Tesla quoted me $1,000 for 6 months. I got a similar quote through my current insurance. It may be cheaper, but the coverage may also be less. (which was the case for me)

Edit: adjusted Tesla insurance policy and now it is nearly identical.
Wow, California insurance is absurd! My policy with Farmer's in Texas will almost double from my current Volt to the M3LR. Except by double I mean I go from $300 every 6 months to $600 every 6 months. I couldn't even imagine paying $2000+ per year for insurance on ONE VEHICLE. I mean, our annual home insurance isn't even that much, and it cost a hell of a lot more than $50k! OUCH! :eek: