Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered mine on July 19th blue/white, showed deliverly estimate between Sep 9-29 since end of July and now this morning it changed to estimated delivery date of just “November” not even a timeframe within smh.
Same exact situation!! 7/3 LR white/white, I also had the 20 day gap since August and now it’s says November. This is the second post I’ve seen, so we’re not alone at least!

That doesn't give me a lot of hope for the blue/white that I ordered yesterday 😬
Same exact situation!! 7/3 LR white/white, I also had the 20 day gap since August and now it’s says November. This is the second post I’ve seen, so we’re not alone at least!
I literally just finished the installation of my 220 in the garage (don’t tell anyone I did it myself). Now I just need something to plug into it….hopefully within two weeks, not two months!

Does Tesla email/text you on changes, or is everyone just signing into their account all the time and looking for updates?
I've never gotten anything other than the first "welcome to tesla" text. When I bought my MY last year, it was the same and I ended up just calling my SA once a week asking for an update until a test drive vehicle with low miles came around and I took it. Worried its going to be the same this time around.

I've never gotten anything other than the first "welcome to tesla" text. When I bought my MY last year, it was the same and I ended up just calling my SA once a week asking for an update until a test drive vehicle with low miles came around and I took it. Worried its going to be the same this time around.
Using the very anecdotal evidence from the Google Sheet, it looks like most of the movement right now is around SR+ and Performance. If Tesla is using different batteries for SR+, then maybe they're putting all the "normal" batteries into more expensive Performance models to juice those end-of-quarter numbers.

My service/sales center is just 10 miles from my house. I hadn’t thought to ask to just use one of theirs for a ‘week or few months’ until mine comes in, and in all honesty, they have no incentive to do that. BUT, it seems a few users here have called in that request and it’s been honored.
When I test drove it, SA offered an overnight take home. How did y’all negotiate a “free long term test drive”? Just ask?

Edit 5 min after posting….I just emailed my SA and asked. What the heck and why not, right?

Last edited:
I don't know whats worse, EDD not changing at all, or it changing constantly.
Ha ha! In my case: both. Our Model 3 LR EDD is still stuck at 09/15 - 09/30 (no VIN or any activity). Our Model Y LR EDD keeps bouncing between a November range and a December range; it changed again this morning. I guess the good news is that they have not forgotten about our Model Y order.