Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3LR MSM/White/Aero/No FSD
OD 9/2 Central Illinois
(1st) EDD 10/18 - 11/17
(2nd) EDD 10/9 - 10/23
(3rd) EDD 11/3 - 12/1
(4th) EDD 10/26 - 11/20
(5th) EDD 10/28 - 11/10
(6th) EDD 11/8 - 12/6
(7th) EDD 11/16 - 11/30
(8th) EDD 11/21 - 11/25 I got my VIN and final EDD (I HOPE🔮)
OD to VIN was 67 days
OD to delivery will be about 80 days (12 weeks)

Attachments

• 20211108_134919.jpg
    20211108_134919.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 82
M3LR MSM/White/Aero/No FSD
OD 9/2 Central Illinois
(1st) EDD 10/18 - 11/17
(2nd) EDD 10/9 - 10/23
(3rd) EDD 11/3 - 12/1
(4th) EDD 10/26 - 11/20
(5th) EDD 10/28 - 11/10
(6th) EDD 11/8 - 12/6
(7th) EDD 11/16 - 11/30
(8th) EDD 11/21 - 11/25 I got my VIN and final EDD (I HOPE🔮)
OD to VIN was 67 days
OD to delivery will be about 80 days (12 weeks)
Congrats! exact same config. But doesn't seem to be any hope for me. OD - 9/6. EDD - 12/17-12/31

Reactions: FoxSmp81
If you’re American you could possibly receive at least $8K in tax credit assuming Congress passes the “Build Back Better” which the Biden Administration is actively promoting at the present time. In all likelihood the bill would apply to EVs sold after January 1st 2022.
I understand the incentive part but I wondered why to wait for VIN before putting your order on hold.

Reactions: Paul4343
Congrats! exact same config. But doesn't seem to be any hope for me. OD - 9/6. EDD - 12/17-12/31
Hang in there mate worth the wait but terribly hard. My OD is 11/4 and same EDD as you. Could happen for u any moment. Welcome to Tesla's world!! I'm actually hoping for a small delay to Jan 1st to maybe get the proposed new fed credit. Lola (2020 m3lrawd) is best car period! This one is Christmas present for wife

They do it on the chat which you can start using the chat icon on this page - Model 3 | Tesla
Thanks that is what I did, although the rep left a balance for some reason, even though when asked, I told her my lender is covering all of the remaining balance. I did a 2nd chat & they said I have to call Mt. Kisco. My paperwork shows the remaining balance as a down-payment. Which I never said I was doing, not even on the OD.

Reactions: Paul4343
I understand the incentive part but I wondered why to wait for VIN before putting your order on hold.
I have also contacted my SA via email to indicate that I want my vehicle put on hold until the end of the year. Unfortunately, I have received no confirmation that he has actually done that. I will follow up on that again. In the meantime my EDD has narrowed to Nov 13 - Nov 27 so I am thinking my request has been ignored.

for those of you with VIN's how long before you received your paperwork. I received my VIN yesterday, I uploaded my insurance but haven't seen the paperwork or been asked for my down payment yet - delivery is in a 6 day window, 11/23 - 11/29 - THX
You won't be asked for the down payment until you schedule your delivery. You'll get a text with a link to schedule the day and time of delivery/pickup, then that should unlock the option to add bank account info and make your down payment. With that small of a delivery window, I'd imagine you should be getting that text in the next day or so.

You mean the test drive where the dealer was like oh look at that we only have the performance model 3 for you to take out. It almost worked, except I have a history of destroying rims on my commute of almost 118 km each way. The 20" wheels would not have done well, the 18" wheels have a lot more cushion.

You won't be asked for the down payment until you schedule your delivery. You'll get a text with a link to schedule the day and time of delivery/pickup, then that should unlock the option to add bank account info and make your down payment. With that small of a delivery window, I'd imagine you should be getting that text in the next day or so.
Thanks - I appreciate the feedback

OD 10/13 NV delivery
M3LR Black/White Aero no FSD
EDD 11/26-12/24
Still no VIN

Anyone coming from same state have heard of any progress to their order? Also, I’ve been seeing that Tesla requires downpayment of 4.5k does that still apply? I did financing through Tesla and were able to get approved with no downpayment and the summary only shows the amount due to be mostly taxes. I want to know if that’s the final number to be paid so that I can prepare my budget.