Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN on day 35 from order date: 10/15/21
EDD on portal is 11/19 - 11/23
My SA / TA in Minn says 12/1 - 12/3 is what he sees on the inside

M3LRAWD White - std everything OD: 10/15/21 - VIN arrived email 11/18/21
Getting me antsy now haha! I ordered on 10/14 and my portal EDD is 11/29-12/13 but no VIN yet. I'm guessing you'll be picking up from Schaumburg as well?

Are you saying you paid cash for the car or got what is known as gap insurance so the loan would be paid in full if totaled? I think I went with $1000 deductable which probably cost me....
Car is paid in full as stated - this is the cost of the insurance for a year $420 - I have a perfect driving record - 60 years old and comp/Col are 2,500 deductibles. - esurance (Allstate) - home and auto(4 cars) - no gap insurance needed since car is paid in full.

Went through insurance yesturday. After a quote of $4200 from my insurer Liberty Mutual I paid for a policy with Progressive for $1100 annual. I had to tell Liberty three times there were no cylinders it is electric. ROFL
Had liberty mutual in the past for Home with Geico (auto) - liberty kept adding things on the home policy every year - 3rd time I called them out and dumped Warren Buffet and his entire insurance family!!

Did you see the latest report from CR about Tesla? I’m surprised you’d want to own one after reading it… one of the least reliable cars on the road today!
I'm not a fan boy of CR. I'm just offering them as another piece of information to make a decision. They do have testing of items and simple things like tires can be objectively compared. Cars are a little different and depend on repair rates etc. over a very long period. You can test the performance of a tire in a day. You can't do that with car reliability. Apples and oranges.

Reactions: indoguy
Did you see the latest report from CR about Tesla? I’m surprised you’d want to own one after reading it… one of the least reliable cars on the road today!
I took the time to look up and read the review of the model 3 for 2022 and it is a very positive review and echos much of the good and bad I hear from owners in this forum. Hardly a scathing review.
3A438C5C-F689-4C5C-9459-76CE5EBCAE93.jpeg

Reactions: rexki and Soap
Just emailed this to my SA. He doesn't reply to me, so I'm sure he'll just hit delete.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've now entered the EDD window *SEVEN* times only to have it pushed back each time. Right now is the 8th different window. I don't see why I should do anything other than laugh.

Should I bother checking the website ever again or should I just assume Tesla has no idea how to build cars in a predictable fashion and their sales & delivery word is not to be trusted?

I never got a response via email from my SA, but I did send a message via text to the text message I got congratulating on my order, and then I got a response from someone a day or so later. I haven't decided whether I want to be pushy and try to get a better window, since my delivery window is just "December" right now. All they said is we'll get back to you when we get closer to delivery so not very helpful.

Reactions: Harfagri
So I guess this is our final report on our journey to Tesla ownership. Car was delivered to our home today, and here are the details...

What we did not get: Any panel imperfections or any other defects. The car is as close to perfect as anyone can reasonably expect!​
What we did get: 1-year Premium Connectivity, all USB ports, and fully functional wireless chargers! :D

Definitely happy campers over here. This has been quite an experience, but definitely worth the wait! Really enjoyed driving the car this evening, and looking forward to more!

Order Date: 10/5/2021
Model 3 LR/Pearl White/Dark Interior/19" Sport Wheels
Home Delivery Completed: 11/19/2021

Got our vin yesterday via source code
accepted the vision agreement today; then they immediately wanted us to pick it up Monday, haha.
I told them we’re out for the next 8 days on a cruise.
So they said the most you can “delay” a delivery is 3 days. So we’re on “hold” now until 11/26; (which means we gave up that vin and are back in the “que”) which hopefully we get VIN matched immediately and can pick up the car on 11/28 or sometime soon after.

Reactions: geekxism