Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So now my app is more unlocked and shows all the details for the car and process just waiting for reach out on setting up delivery. This is the most crazy thing though I had to redo my trade in because it expired after 30 days and the new offer is MORE than what the first one was by $1000. So they offered me MORE on my trade in. Has anyone had any issues when actually trading in and them NOT giving you the price offered?

Delivery Appointment​

Nov. 30, 2021 !!!!!

So I actually just put mine on hold. I received my VIN today. Ordered 10/27.

A note - I asked the person on the phone “hey should I wait until later to put my order on hold?” - she responded with saying that I would advise you to do it now because Tesla could change the rules at any time and possibly not even allow people to put their orders on hold. She suspected that it would be very unlikely I would receive a new VIN in the last week of December.

Just passing that along.

YAHTZEE!!
Just got my Text message scheduling delivery. One out of five ain't bad, I guess...
The Good Ship Venus is now scheduled to arrive on 3 December - Before I had my coffee this morning, it was sked 25 Nov - Dec 1. Oh well...
They are delivering it to my house instead of the Delivery center downtown as I requested and the Delivery Advisor said he would set it for the Tesla Center so I could make a detailed inspection at my leisure, and not in the street. Wonder if that is why they do that? I will direct them to my driveway in the alley. Oh well...
Now I have to see if I can delay my vacation days by 2, I had planned to make a long trip starting on 2 Dec. Oh well...
It is predicted to rain on 1 Dec but just cloudy on 3 Dec. Oh well...
After 74 years on this planet, one would think that such as mundane occurrence as taking delivery of a car would not be as exciting. Oh well...

Tesla grin is now firmly affixed to my kisser.

How soon after the car arrives at the SC can it be picked up? Mine is due to arrive in Paramus on 11/27. The rep on the phone said he'd expect the pickup to be scheduled the following Saturday. A full week seems like a pretty long wait for inspection. I was hoping earlier the next week like 11/30 or 12/1. The following Saturday sucks for flights to Newark.
In Feb of 2020 I saw my first car sit on a Portable Parking Lot for about 8 hours. Then it disappeared inside the Service Center. Then it was 4 days before I was able to pick it up. I was told it had to be put in line for inspection, final prep (!), then it was detailed (and I have to hand it to them, it was spotless and shiny), then there was some administrative delay over getting the state inspection and paper plate.

IIRC in NJ, there are no paper plates, you hve to have the Official plates before you can get your hands on the car. So I guess a week is typical to wait for all the functionaries to do their thing. I think it is cruel for them to tell you the 27th, though. There's a country song called "Tell Me A Lie"...

So I actually just put mine on hold. I received my VIN today. Ordered 10/27.

A note - I asked the person on the phone “hey should I wait until later to put my order on hold?” - she responded with saying that I would advise you to do it now because Tesla could change the rules at any time and possibly not even allow people to put their orders on hold. She suspected that it would be very unlikely I would receive a new VIN in the last week of December.

Just passing that along.
when is your EDD? Mine is 12/20 - 12/31, still waiting for VIN before putting the order on hold.
How long can I wait to take the delivery after Tesla's notice? If Tesla tells me the car is ready on 12/23, can I wait for one week and take delivery on 1/1/22?

Another update.

M3LR black/white/19 order date is 9/3

EDD progress:
9/5: 11/8 - 12/8
9/20: 12/6 - 1/5
10/27: 11/20-12/18
10/29: 12/11-12/31
10/30: 11/27-12/25
11/1: 12/30-12/31
11/5: 12/19 - 12/31
Today: 12/25-12/31

still no VIN tho

I was not intended to put my delivery on hold, but if delivery will be scheduled for 12/31 I will reject the car. 1st reason - work. 2nd reason - why I have to potentially miss new credits for EV by taking delivery a few hours before it may happen lol.

Another update.

EDD progress:

still no VIN tho

I was not intended to put my delivery on hold, but if delivery will be scheduled for 12/31 I will reject the car. 1st reason - work. 2nd reason - why I have to potentially miss new credits for EV by taking delivery a few hours before it may happen lol.
Sounds to me like they are shuffling things around so they can get deliveries accomplished by EOB on 12/31. Ye Olde End of Quarter Games have begun.

In Feb of 2020 I saw my first car sit on a Portable Parking Lot for about 8 hours. Then it disappeared inside the Service Center. Then it was 4 days before I was able to pick it up. I was told it had to be put in line for inspection, final prep (!), then it was detailed (and I have to hand it to them, it was spotless and shiny), then there was some administrative delay over getting the state inspection and paper plate.

IIRC in NJ, there are no paper plates, you hve to have the Official plates before you can get your hands on the car. So I guess a week is typical to wait for all the functionaries to do their thing. I think it is cruel for them to tell you the 27th, though. There's a country song called "Tell Me A Lie"...
I live in VT. It's not going to be a NJ car so the plates will indeed be paper.

Another update.

EDD progress:

still no VIN tho

I live in VT. It's not going to be a NJ car so the plates will indeed be paper.
That will be interesting to see. We go through a similar charade in Texas.

Well guys, after 4 EDD changes I finally received my vin over the weekend. I pick up my M3LR tomorrow morning at 10am.!
I‘ve so appreciated this forum because it helped me to endure thru all the waiting! Thank you!

”The claw! I have been chosen!”🤓
Hopefully this bodes well for my 10/23 order of the same in Salt Lake City. Still no VIN, though.