Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to apologize in advance. Please don't hate me but I just got another text
"Tesla Update - Your Tesla is scheduled for a pick-up on Dec 16th at 4550 Fremont Blvd..."
Text received while on the phone with my insurance agent. I haven't even accepted the vision yet, nor paid for it. Perhaps it'll be my xmas gift from Tesla......I wish...
Wow, things are moving FAST⚠️
Hell yeah! Congrats! I’m down here in San Diego and my dates are 14th - 28th no VIN yet! Hopefully soon, you giving hope out here! Lmao

Reactions: HarpoonS
OD 11/15 Maryland Delivery December 2021
M3LR White on White. Aero. No FSD

1. EDD 12/16 - 12/31
2. (11/22) EDD 12/13 - 12/27
3. (12/14) EDD 1/11 - 2/8 😡

No VIN

So frustrating. I’m tired of renting this damn Sonata. Great on gas though lol.

I figured getting the white premium interior would speed up or prioritize my order. Called sales people and chatted with Tesla but can’t give me any info.

🙏 for a VIN

Reactions: Volat
There is zero chance - zero - that they will do a retroactive point-of-purchase refund for people who bought electric cars. The bill is an incentive, and they definitely aren't going to go back and give out checks to people who bought the car prior to the bill going into effect. What's more, it looks dead to me:
We actually don't know what we don't know :)

However, the probability of getting the tax credit increases if you take delivery in 2022 and even more if you take delivery after the bill passes. So if you are not in a hurry and can wait this out I would do so. In my case, I will just wait out the end of this year and take delivery in 2022 regardless if the bill passes at a later point in 2022; i.e., I am OK to wait until January 1, 2022 to end my hold on the order.

OD 11/15 Maryland Delivery December 2021
M3LR White on White. Aero. No FSD

1. EDD 12/16 - 12/31
2. (11/22) EDD 12/13 - 12/27
3. (12/14) EDD 1/11 - 2/8 😡

No VIN

So frustrating. I’m tired of renting this damn Sonata. Great on gas though lol.

I figured getting the white premium interior would speed up or prioritize my order. Called sales people and chatted with Tesla but can’t give me any info.

🙏 for a VIN
In my case I reached out to support via email, asking about delivery time frame. Right after that I got a vin. Is it connected? Who knows....

Reactions: EvDoss and Floydsox
The order agreement says you have a 3 day window to pick it up.
This is good to know. My EDD is now 12/25 to 12/31 as well (got VIN last night) SA said they can’t hold it until 1/1 and it would move to next in line and I’d have to re-queue (no guarantees on the next one available). SA has not scheduled the exact delivery day. May try 12/31 if I can in hopes of them holding a day or two. They’re playing hardball even though Elon said there shouldn’t be an aggressive push at end of qtr.

Reactions: Paul4343
Hell yeah! Congrats! I’m down here in San Diego and my dates are 14th - 28th no VIN yet! Hopefully soon, you giving hope out here! Lmao
Let’s guess what our next EDD is gonna be cause mine is the same as yours! hmmm, I’m strongly guessing it’ll say 12/16-12/31, then 12/19-12/31 and finally 12/21-12/31 where I’ll actually get my VIN and take delivery. I have lost all confidence in the thought it’d come before the 20th and am pretty sure it’ll be right before Christmas like 12/23 😭 Lets see if my prediction is correct

I thought I read in their fine print that, while cars are expected to be picked up within 3 days of delivery, there is a 30 day period before order is cancelled. I think it shows a total disrespect for their customers to expect them to pick up a car within 3 days of a delivery date that is a moving target, especially for those of us who have to drive 100 miles to the nearest distribution center. They seem to expect customers to rearrange their lives to suit Tesla's needs, rather than the other way around.
I agree, 100%. In the same boat. I have to cancel time with family I haven’t seen in two years just because they can’t hold it for a couple days.

Reactions: Paul4343
Well it's happening. They're on their way to my house to drop off the car.

I was originally supposed to pick it up at Raintree in PHX but it went to Mesa and they decided to deliver it to me. NOTE: I ended up getting a vin assigned from a 2021 Demo because I really needed a second car - I couldn't wait until who knows when.

Delivery ETA: 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Call Received from Gentleman Driving it here at 11:45pm w/ 40 minute ETA.

If anyone is curious I can post my knee jerk reactions to the at-home delivery.
Congrats! Is that the red one they had at Raintree? We picked up the display Model Y from there last week.

So I decided to refresh my tesla app for the millionth time - nothing. Then I came here, refreshed(for the millionth time) and started catching up on the last posts. Not even a minute into it I get a text. Yeah, you guessed it - "Your VIN is now assigned. Submit proof of insurance....". I went back to tesla app and sure enough I have the Tesla Vision to accept and proceed with delivery. HOLY $#!T !! I honestly thought I'd be the last one in CA to get it being so close to Fremont. No VIN in my account but it appeared in the source page.
I am in LA, we are the same OD. but I got anything :(

Reactions: KyleLoren
We just got 20 cm of snow last last, and temperatures are dropping to -29C this week, and I've got my delivery date for this Saturday at 2:00 p.m.! And I head straight to my local tire shop and get my Replika rims and Hakka tires installed at 4:00! Not exactly the conditions I was hoping for in driving a new EV for the first time! Oh well, but assuming everything goes as expected, I'll have a car!
Just an interesting note for everyone seeing moving dates all over the place; I had 7 EDD's as well causing a LOT of anxiety, and a member posted a link for an informational pair of videos on YouTube from "MyTesla". In there he observed that many (not all) end up getting their cars within the range of their FIRST EDD! Mine was Nov 20-Dec 18, and sure enough, Saturday is December 18th! Interesting observation. I'm assuming my inspection will be outdoors, so it will be a chilly inspection at the dealership!.

Reactions: Emira and Floydsox