Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What was your OD?
OD is 11/4, the text isn’t really much of an indication of anything though. Seems like they are just confirming I want it by the end of the month and won’t just delay till next year, as it asks to say December to take it this month and to say Delay to be contacted at a later date. EDD is still 12/14-12/28, no Vision or VIN just a random text but something nonetheless

Reactions: EV70
Checking in with an update, two weeks after direct delivery of my 2022 M3 LR Dual Motor DBM / Black, 18” aero, no FSD. I’m in north suburban Chicago. Full front Stek Dynoshield applied day 11 and trunk gap fixed at SC day 15. Had to return to SC hours later, as mechanic forgot to reinstall an interior trunk panel and left 3 tools in my trunk hahaha. No SOTA updates yet, so I don’t have remote views of Sentry on my iPhone. I love this car and every minute I spend in it. Someday Elon will reimagine the SC waiting room. Mostly looks like its ICE garage counterparts. Small point, I know. Cheers y’all. Drive safely.

Reactions: EvDoss and EV70
I think there are a few factors involved.
1)cost of living 2)xpel vs other brands? 3)authorized xpel installer 4)demand
But 1400 and 1750 are good quotes.
Literally here there’s a line to get your car in for PPF.
Thats 2 different xpel authorized installers right down the road from Tesla dealership, one was booked out 3-4 weeks but yea its totally a COL thing. Full tint and windshield quotes have been $700ish - $1200

Well, waiting time for new orders on the M3LR jumped to March 2022. This was expected:

Capture.JPG

Reactions: Paul4343
OD is 11/4, the text isn’t really much of an indication of anything though. Seems like they are just confirming I want it by the end of the month and won’t just delay till next year, as it asks to say December to take it this month and to say Delay to be contacted at a later date. EDD is still 12/14-12/28, no Vision or VIN just a random text but something nonetheless
Hopefully we both get our car this month.

Reactions: HarpoonS
Went back to the old forums and it seems like this message gets sent out to many people in California specifically to see who is willing to delay their vehicle, most people who got it never heard anything or saw movement and they were even further towards the end of the quarter so honestly I’m not even going to get my hopes up because of it😂 I’m sure it’ll deliver, but probably after Christmas.

• Disagree
Reactions: EV70
I got quoted 3M tint all around(incl. windshield) $1,150 and $450 or so for front bumper PPF
Im a little undecided on what I want to do this time. When i was driving 25k miles a year the full front made sense. The place that i used for that only wanted $400 for the bumper back then now wants $750, at that point might as well do half. Im only driving 5-7k miles a year since covid

Let’s guess what our next EDD is gonna be cause mine is the same as yours! hmmm, I’m strongly guessing it’ll say 12/16-12/31, then 12/19-12/31 and finally 12/21-12/31 where I’ll actually get my VIN and take delivery. I have lost all confidence in the thought it’d come before the 20th and am pretty sure it’ll be right before Christmas like 12/23 😭 Lets see if my prediction is correct
i sure hope your prediction is correct! i seen you got an update to receive this month, i haven't even got that! lol When was your OD?

Reactions: HarpoonS
When does the obsession of checking the app ever end? I've done it for 4 months now. You would think after finally getting a VIN this past weekend I would chill a bit. But I'm checking to see if they opened my trade in option yet, or if I can schedule my delivery yet, or if my EDD window will adjust at all so I can guesstimate what day I'll finally take delivery. It doesn't end. I'm pretty sure my family is planning an intervention. Imagine how much MORE money Elon could make if he sold 5 second adds that we'd have to watch every time we refreshed the app.

When does the obsession of checking the app ever end? I've done it for 4 months now. You would think after finally getting a VIN this past weekend I would chill a bit. But I'm checking to see if they opened my trade in option yet, or if I can schedule my delivery yet, or if my EDD window will adjust at all so I can guesstimate what day I'll finally take delivery. It doesn't end. I'm pretty sure my family is planning an intervention. Imagine how much MORE money Elon could make if he sold 5 second adds that we'd have to watch every time we refreshed the app.
Don’t give him any ideas.