Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 LR MSM/white interior, 19” wheels, No FSD, Rockville MD delivery Ctr

OD 11/4
VIN Received 12/13
EDD several revisions, latest was 12/25-12/31
Delivery Schedule Text received TODAY 12/20 for window of 12/27-12/30; chose 12/27 AM delivery (Woohoo)

After Market: MaxPider mats (teslarati has finally shipped, ordered on 11/4); performance pedals (received); window tint scheduled 35% sides and back Xpel XR+; possible powder coating of rims. Anyone think its worth getting PPF on front package? Maybe I’m watching too many YouTube videos. What a waiting game. At least re-sales values of trade-ins are through the roof.

Stay healthy out there.
Ordered my M3LR white on white on 11/15 to be delivered to Rockville. Hopefully I get a VIN as fast as you did. I plan on doing 35% as well. Will you be doing the windshield? I don’t plan on using the front license plate but not sure yet

Reactions: ICEMelter
Called the general Tesla line a few days ago and they said I should get a VIN soon, possibly today. Not holding my breath.

My 60 days loan app expires today then another hard pull on my credit. My trade in expires tomorrow also.

ML3, MSM, black, aero, no FSD
OD 10/18
Current EDD 12/20-12/31

Frustrating to say the least.
Still waiting, no VIN yet.
EDD likely going to get pushed again..

What is the process to place a hold? I just got my vin as well and am hoping the delivery date will be closer to the end of the year so I have time to make my way back to CA from the east coast but ED is 12/20 - 12/25. Super excited either way just to be able to get all this paperwork out of the way and take delivery. I'll be taking a lot more weekend drives after January!
I’m not sure since I haven’t done it myself, but I think others have called their SA if they have a contact # for him/her or called the support # and asked them to hold. That wouldn’t hold that specific vin though, that just pretty much rejects the vin and puts you in line for next, whenever that may be.
You might have some buffer from vin assignment that to delivery than the Bay Area since they have to ship the car to you, so you have an extra day maybe than those in the Bay Area unless you were assigned a vin of another order that got placed on hold and it’s already in transit/at the dealer. As you are in SoCal, I might wait and see when they assign a delivery date and work off that to determine whether you need to give up the vin or maybe be able to get there in time.

What is the process to place a hold? I just got my vin as well and am hoping the delivery date will be closer to the end of the year so I have time to make my way back to CA from the east coast but ED is 12/20 - 12/25. Super excited either way just to be able to get all this paperwork out of the way and take delivery. I'll be taking a lot more weekend drives after January!
I’m not sure since I haven’t done it myself, but I think others have called their SA if they have a contact # for him/her or called the support # and asked them to hold. That wouldn’t hold that specific vin though, that just pretty much rejects the vin and puts you in line for next, whenever that may be.
Correct, a SA needs to do this for you. It should then be reflected in the app and your account a few hours later. Note that regardless of the date you have it held to you can opt through the app to release the hold earlier. There's differing opinions on if you go to the back of the line or not, most people say you don't, but my SA said you do, so who knows. Trying to figure out Tesla's delivery logistics is near impossible.

To give them some credit, they do wash and wax the car before your delivery so the car is nice and clean.

This wasn't the case for my first delivery in 2018. I expected it to be clean but my Model 3 was delivered dirty including greasy fingerprints on the inside. I made the mistake of asking that they clean it there and had to wait 1-2 hours longer to receive a car that was apparently cleaned with the filthiest rag they could find. I did not have a pleasant delivery experience.

Ordered my M3LR white on white on 11/15 to be delivered to Rockville. Hopefully I get a VIN as fast as you did. I plan on doing 35% as well. Will you be doing the windshield? I don’t plan on using the front license plate but not sure yet
It felt like it took a while to get the VIN. I must be impatient and eager. I’m not doing the windshield as my eyesight at night isn’t getting any better. May go 80% windshield if it feels like its letting in too much heat. Being in MD I was wonder ing about the front license plate. Hope Tesla doesn’t screw one into the front bumper. I‘m not quite sure what they do now?

It felt like it took a while to get the VIN. I must be impatient and eager. I’m not doing the windshield as my eyesight at night isn’t getting any better. May go 80% windshield if it feels like its letting in too much heat. Being in MD I was wonder about the license plate. Hope Tesla doesn’t screw one into the front bumper. I‘m not quite sure what they do now?
I think they provide a license plate frame that is adhered by 3m tape, not screwed in. I don’t know whether they will install beforehand or they let you install it.. I’ll see what they do when I pick up my car tomorrow. It might also depend on where you are whether they install it for you or they’re lenient about that..

New to the forum, here's my situation:

OD: 11/08
EDD1: 12/18 - 12/31
On Friday we received the text to confirm if we wanted the car in december or we wanted to wait. We replied DECEMBER right away.

Saturday, new EDD: MARCH 2022.

Wow, that's terrible. That's got to be some sort of mistake. I'd keep on contacting the SA about it. I'm not too far from you (Bay Area) and I ordered a month later (12/12) and my EDD is far earlier than yours (currently 1/16 - 2/13).

Last edited:
It felt like it took a while to get the VIN. I must be impatient and eager. I’m not doing the windshield as my eyesight at night isn’t getting any better. May go 80% windshield if it feels like its letting in too much heat. Being in MD I was wonder ing about the front license plate. Hope Tesla doesn’t screw one into the front bumper. I‘m not quite sure what they do now?
I’m seeing more and more 2021 Tesla’s in Maryland in the Howard county area with no front license plates. Some have it but many don’t.

Reactions: ICEMelter
OD 11/24 for a MSM Black with Aero wheels. After getting a month further out EDD a couple days ago I call my sales advisor this morning. He told me my car isn’t scheduled to be built until 1-14 at the earliest. I asked about demos and ended up switching to a Black/Black Aero model with less than 50 on the OD. Scheduled delivery for 12-24, super excited to have a car again after not having one for a short while

Reactions: Floydsox
Ive replied a lot here despite being an M3P order, got my VIN yesterday and scheduled home delivery for Wednesday! 45 Days Order to VIN and a total 48 days of waiting. It comes when you least expect it I had lost all hope for it getting 7 EDD changes so if anyone thinks it won’t come think again!
I’m losing hope too. Contacted my SA but I think they’re annoyed and not responding to me anymore. My EDD is 12/21-12/31. But my OD is later than some of the other people in California that order the same spec vehicle. And they still haven’t gotten a ViN. :(

Reactions: HarpoonS
There's differing opinions on if you go to the back of the line or not, most people say you don't, but my SA said you do, so who knows.
When we got down to about 3+ weeks for the SR+, we put a hold on it for several months. Released hold, expecting to be put at the back of the line but it came up as about 3+ weeks so we put it back on hold. Took it off hold again this week and EDD is 3+ weeks from now.

• Informative
Reactions: highstrunghero
I’m losing hope too. Contacted my SA but I think they’re annoyed and not responding to me anymore. My EDD is 12/21-12/31. But my OD is later than some of the other people in California that order the same spec vehicle. And they still haven’t gotten a ViN. :(
The SA has no clue, you’ll see the app change suddenly and all of a sudden you’re taking delivery. It takes 1 day from Fremont to any place in California (or more like 6 hours if you’re in SoCal ) DONT LOSE HOPE MY FRIEND!

So the wait was over and took delivery of my MSM LR on Saturday! Everything went super-smooth, and I can't see any problems at all! I was working from the Delivery day check list that others have posted (which was great), but my fingers were turning blue and going numb from the cold (-20C)!! Went straight from Tesla to the tire dealership for my new Winter tires and rims (and I brought the sensors a bought months ago). Couple days of driving have gone well, but I've really got to be careful on backing off on the accelerator when going into a turn because of the ice; back end likes to shoot out! Just have to get used to it. But just shy of two months from order to delivery (and my SA was fantastic) and still super-excited! Best wishes to everyone waiting; I'll be moving over to the other sections of TMC!

Reactions: The Meal and aljlin
DBM with Black interior, 18", No FSD
Austin, TX

OD: 12/4
EDD: 02/08-03/08 01/25-02/22

I test drove a Model 3 and fell in love right away. I'm very excited and can't wait for delivery day. I really have no clue how y'all dealt with the wait. I keep checking the app wayyyy too often
Holding on nevers from day of ordering,
my OD is 12/05 MSM Kansas city.
EDD : 02/01- 03/01
Refreshing the app, checking the order tracker sheet and checking back the forum. This is my routine every wake up and bed time.