Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive been following this thread non-stop trying to find additional AMD information. Im still on the hunt but kinda received my VIN today.
10/30 - Ordered White/White w/ 19" sport. No FSD - EDD 12/14 - 12/31
11/17 - Put on hold
12/30 - Auto pulled off hold
1/2 - EDD 2/25 - 3/25
1/8 - EDD 1/17 - 1/30
I just was notified from Tesla about the visions camera used for FSD. So I opened my car page in chrome and clicked View Page Resources and found my VIN. 151XXX
Im still waiting for a Tesla SA to reach out to me so I can start asking questions.

Ive been following this thread non-stop trying to find additional AMD information. Im still on the hunt but kinda received my VIN today.
11/17 - Put on hold
1/2 - EDD 2/25 - 3/25
1/8 - EDD 1/17 - 1/30
I just was notified from Tesla about the visions camera used for FSD. So I opened my car page in chrome and clicked View Page Resources and found my VIN. 151XXX
Im still waiting for a Tesla SA to reach out to me so I can start asking questions.
They added my VIN (same as the View Page Resources) and updated my EDD to 1/20 - 1/26

11/17 - Put on hold
1/2 - EDD 2/25 - 3/25
1/8 - EDD 1/17 - 1/30
Yea same here. Just vision agreement and thats it. I'm actually going to call Tesla Charlotte and see if they can provide me with me any more info regarding the type of features (AMD vs Intel) the car has. Specifically the build date.
Congratulations! Let us know how delivery goes and the features update. Good luck
Yea, I'm hoping I get the AMD processor
Are Sales Advisors supposed to reach out? When I ordered my M3SR+ last year, I received my car without ever hearing a peep from any human from Tesla. The entire process was completely automated. Nobody reached out to me at all.
No one has reached out to me, and even my brother and uncle who also ordered around the same time I did. I think you have to reach out to them, and they might keep in touch with you throughout the process.

No one has reached out to me, and even my brother and uncle who also ordered around the same time I did. I think you have to reach out to them, and they might keep in touch with you throughout the process.
Interesting. The ordering/delivery experience really doesn't match that of buying a $50k+ vehicle. Oh well. At least the car itself makes up for all the sh*t we have to put up with.

What also irks me is Tesla fanboys worshipping Elon and defending the company anytime someone has remotely any criticism. No, you should not celebrate Elon dismantling their public relations department. No, we should not be happy that the only way to give feedback to Tesla is via tweeting Elon.

If anything goes wrong with your order/delivery/service experience, there is no escalation path. Sorry to get a little off topic here, but I really wish Tesla focused more on the customer experience. I guess when your demand outweighs your supply, you don't feel any need to care.

Are Sales Advisors supposed to reach out? When I ordered my M3SR+ last year, I received my car without ever hearing a peep from any human from Tesla. The entire process was completely automated. Nobody reached out to me at all.
In 2019 when I bought my first Tesla, the only time I spoke with a SA was when i placed the order. Oddly I felt compelled to talk to someone when buying a new car, guess its was the years of conditioning through dealers. Back then I asked the SA if I was crazy, he said there was nothing he did to place the order than I couldn't have done myself. He answered some questions but nothing that I didn't already know from watching YouTube and talking with friends who had already purchased Teslas.

This time, other than when I put my currently ordered M3 on hold and changed the color (did them at the same time), I have not had a need to talk to an advisor. It's a little odd at first, and I'm more than happy and will go out of my way to not need to go through a dealer. My EDD has and will change, as Tesla balances thousands of items required to build, maximizing utilization, shipping and everything else that goes into a complex item like a car. I can see my EDD is Feb 10- March 10 and I don't need anyone to call me when the app tells me. If something odd comes up I might reach out to a SA, otherwise I'm embracing the the process and patiently (maybe not so patiently) waiting for a VIN and and delivery date.

Reactions: EvDoss and Paul4343
Greetings! After lurking for a month, I find myself needing the therapy that this group provides. I placed my order early in December which was followed by the distractions of the holidays, the family and work. Now that the holidays are over, the grueling wait for a new car rises becomes a surprising source for concern and anxiety and it's comforting to know I'm not alone.

Greetings! After lurking for a month, I find myself needing the therapy that this group provides. I placed my order early in December which was followed by the distractions of the holidays, the family and work. Now that the holidays are over, the grueling wait for a new car rises becomes a surprising source for concern and anxiety and it's comforting to know I'm not alone.
All together now:

Hiiiiii Biiiiilllllllll

Oh no, I'm already looking like a noob, accidently posting before I'm done and no edit button in sight.

I wanted to share that some of us get only one EDD. Maybe that will change, but there is a certain level of confidence that your account is behaving like everybody else's, and mine is not. I share the apprehension of getting the latest model with latest updates, but new cars are always being 'adjusted' in the manufacturing process, Our difference is we have a better knowledge of this and it is indeed hard to just sit back and see what happens.

My M3 LR is Blue/White/19"/No FSD, and believe me, I have considered changing colors, wheels, etc. and my wife often pulls me back from the ledge. Force yourself to enjoy the ride, yes, it can be as exciting as the destination, if you don't pull too much hair out.